Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

Think we got overrun in the middle of the park with Madders - Mendy - Tielemans. We lack that physicality without Wilf, in terms of height from set pieces and in terms of covering the ground we just seemed far too open at the weekend and it was a similar story in our loss to Everton when we were forced into playing Ndidi at CB and our midfield got dominated by Doucoure et al. that game as well. 

I don’t think Mendy is a bad player, and has been very decent for us in a few games this season, and swap Madders for Praet and that trio would probably be alright but without Praet or Ndidi i feel we are lacking in that area. Therefore I feel we need to bring Hamza in it’s just whether it’s for Mendy or Maddison. The risk with playing Hamza instead of Mendy is whether he’s disciplined enough to play that role, but without Madders we might struggle to break down Fulham. 

Tielemans - Choudhury - Maddison

Under - Iheanacho - Barnes 

2 hours ago, David Guiza said:

It felt like every team in the division had a wardrobe in central midfield around that time, I remember fans being desperate to sign Trotter, Pratley, Moussi and countless others. 

Maynard, Pratley, and Trotter  were supposedly our ticket out the division. Halcyon days. 

Not many of the names we were seriously linked with especially when we were chucking cash about went on to major success, bar Williams. Off the top of my head- Maynard, Kebe, Ashley Williams, Ched Evans, Mackail-Smith, Cameron Stewart. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Not many of the names we were seriously linked with especially when we were chucking cash about went on to major success, bar Williams. Off the top of my head- Maynard, Kebe, Ashley Williams, Ched Evans, Mackail-Smith, Cameron Stewart. 

Those were the days. And then Sven came in saying he wanted two players in each position who knew the division, and it quickly went sour lol 

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Just had a flashback of being desperate for us to sign Cameron Stewart and Robert Koren when NP came back from Hull. 

22 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Strongly suspect BR will make just 2 enforced changes with Cags and Ric in for Little Wes and Timmy. Hope I'm wrong, though.

I feel we'll make 3 or 4. 

Soy and Ricardo as you mentioned being enforced. But I can see Under and Nacho coming in for Perez and Albrighton. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Leicester fans asking for a tall strong centre midfielder? I feel like I’ve gone back in time to 2010 when fans wanted us to sign Liam Trotter for some ‘power’ in midfield lol

Fvck off blaming Mendy for Sunday, our entire team was shite and he’s been really good for us this year. Great option to have in the squad. 

So every Time we lose we are shite..!!!

despite frustration & Deployment in lost games, I still Believe we played ok, A.Villa was IMO our worst games as a team...

against Leeds & Everton, our endeavours just didn 't run their legs...importantly we created chances, & kept at it....

we have to find away to be more clinical, and to d better movement to see we Manouvre away from blocked shots. and show better awareness when

Convertable chances drop at our feet......And yes , I dont mind a bit of greedyness & selfishness when in front of goal....!!!

Just because we have some Returns poor results, or Rodgers doesn't Select "my Player preferences" doesn't mean we have played poor, or Rodgers could be better...Too many Arse on the sofa critics, and know-all let look at the negative chasers....

There is a Football fact that some on here seem to pass by....There is the other Team in the Single game,

and usually 18 other teams hitting or dropping into periods of form ....

In this PL any & everyteam can turn any top team over, and not just in single occasions....

Those overing around the middle, ( Like we use to  be in our Good days), just have a run of near misses, & Lack in the season mental-discipline in important moments, even when playing well.

that happens at different levels from the  1-20 positions.... On various gamedays.

Now in our 135+ years of history, we are having one of our best if  not the best period of that history and this forum

have some Members deciding to try make it into a clever-bu*gger of expecting entitled miserable Football forum of all time....

Nothing wrong in the odd critic...on game descisions, or question Club on certain moments on descisions...

But sorry...! though my life has been full of facing upto & Troubleshooting the realities... 

In this great period of "our" football Club the fearless foxes.

I reckon a bit more Enthusiasm & written-vocal- support would be more warranted than the continual negative punditry.

Football is reality with a laugh & romance, not to be abused from either side of the fall...

But ffs some Posters can pour out some continual negative drivel &crap, thats downright depressing this forum down

to their levels of negativity and entitlement on all points of the Football compass...

Ritual & continual criticising everyone of our competitors...If they are so bad, what is our Valuation when Running & competing for Top 6 Or even 4th.

Jesus..its becoming self-devaluating.....and non-serious.....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

So every Time we lose we are shite..!!!

despite frustration & Deployment in lost games, I still Believe we played ok, A.Villa was IMO our worst games as a team...

against Leeds & Everton, our endeavours just didn 't run their legs...importantly we created chances, & kept at it....

we have to find away to be more clinical, and to d better movement to see we Manouvre away from blocked shots. and show better awareness when

Convertable chances drop at our feet......And yes , I dont mind a bit of greedyness & selfishness when in front of goal....!!!

Just because we have some Returns poor results, or Rodgers doesn't Select "my Player preferences" doesn't mean we have played poor, or Rodgers could be better...Too many Arse on the sofa critics, and know-all let look at the negative chasers....

There is a Football fact that some on here seem to pass by....There is the other Team in the Single game,

and usually 18 other teams hitting or dropping into periods of form ....

In this PL any & everyteam can turn any top team over, and not just in single occasions....

Those overing around the middle, ( Like we use to  be in our Good days), just have a run of near misses, & Lack in the season mental-discipline in important moments, even when playing well.

that happens at different levels from the  1-20 positions.... On various gamedays.

Now in our 135+ years of history, we are having one of our best if  not the best period of that history and this forum

have some Members deciding to try make it into a clever-bu*gger of expecting entitled miserable Football forum of all time....

Nothing wrong in the odd critic...on game descisions, or question Club on certain moments on descisions...

But sorry...! though my life has been full of facing upto & Troubleshooting the realities... 

In this great period of "our" football Club the fearless foxes.

I reckon a bit more Enthusiasm & written-vocal- support would be more warranted than the continual negative punditry.

Football is reality with a laugh & romance, not to be abused from either side of the fall...

But ffs some Posters can pour out some continual negative drivel &crap, thats downright depressing this forum down

to their levels of negativity and entitlement on all points of the Football compass...

Ritual & continual criticising everyone of our competitors...If they are so bad, what is our Valuation when Running & competing for Top 6 Or even 4th.

Jesus..its becoming self-devaluating.....and non-serious.....

What a well constructed an concise post 🤥

We were shite against Leeds, doesn’t mean I was saying our team is shite. Why you crying lad 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

What a roll call of mediocrity Fraizer Campbell too 

While I don't like singling out players for OTT abuse when the whole team has put in a sub par performance I won't defend them either. Players know what the score is so stop feeling sorry for them. They know if they do well they will be praised and if their levels drop and we lose they will get panned. That's the way it goes. For me I'm moving past the leeds debacle. I will say that we will have games like those where we're not on it as a collective but the chances were there and we need to convert them when they come that is a MUST in this league! Fulham is next and we go there missing more key players. Time for BR to motivate them team right so we can come away with a hard fought win if it comes to that. The ads will create chances but they have to finish them off or we will get punished. More mental resolve and determination please. They should all have only one thing in mind 'MUST WIN'.  Foxes will respond so 2-0 I predict.

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I want to see Fofana in midfield this game and Soyuncu and Evans partnership return.

I love Papy but he is just gonna get ran though with the pace that Fulham possess and Zambo Anguissa, RLC backing them up. I think Fofana can be the man to match them and allow the others to play if he's moved forward, but gotta see Hamza at the very least if not Little Wes.

He's injured

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Same as usual with Riccy in for Timmy

image.png.d60c069d962f66214749694a72b32548.png

Sorry, Fofana is injured and Mendy is still be dragged through the streets of Leicester by the riotous rabid loyal supporters following the Leeds game

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, Fofana is injured and Mendy is still be dragged through the streets of Leicester by the riotous rabid loyal supporters following the Leeds game

For the record. I am a mendy supporter.  Hes not wilf ...but he not bad.  I dont worry about him starting

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

For the record. I am a mendy supporter.  Hes not wilf ...but he not bad.  I dont worry about him starting

Oh for sure. He is not Wilf, never will be, but he is fine as backup that does not have to play too much.

I mean, which club does have two world class ball winning midfielders??  lol

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It really wasn't that bad. It was individual errors rather than being out of the game.

It wasn't as awful as some make out, which I mentioned in the post match thread. If we put in a similar performance, we're essentially hoping we get lucky rather than giving ourselves the best chance of winning. 

I just want to see us outwork the opposition and create better chances than they do. Given the relative abilities of the teams I don't think that's asking too much.

@HighPeakFox the last line wasn't aimed at you, just my general feelings on the game :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

When was the last time we won a league game without Ndidi and Vardy? 

Perez has had his chance at centre forward, time for Iheanacho now until Vardy is back. Perez has the remarkable knack of either dropping so deep we have no focal point or being offside any time we get a telling ball in to the box. He must have had 3 goals chalked off this season already for offsides and he's barely played.

Not sure but do they actually miss many games together? Last season their injuries seemed to run separately rather than parallel.