Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

44 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Cags, Justin

Youri, Mendy

Albrighton, Maddison, Barnes

Perez

Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Choudhury, Under, Iheanacho, ?, ?

So yeah 2 places on the bench available

It'll be Leshabela and Vontae-Campbell or Nelson. I don't think we need another defender on there, would rather Wakeling, Tavares or Pennant but that won't happen yet.

I've had a (nonsense) vision that HC was frustrated and in tears with BR for not getting his loan out, due to injuries etc and lamenting that he is now stuck where he is getting no game time.

BR says 'Hamzy, direct this passion and emotion in to your football. You're a great lad and I want to see that bit of fire but channelled in to excellent football. Wipe away yer tears and hold yer head up high. Be confident on the ball and remember all that training about your position and how we press. I'm going to play you tonight. Go out there and show what you're made of. If you boss it, you can have a new 10 year contract. If you don't, we'll tear up your contract and you can go and play for Steve Bruce. Granted Stevie is not the finest football manager, but he does have a massive head and can flip flop in his assessment of a player quicker than a Foxestalk poster on the match thread. Oh and cut yer hair.'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I've had a (nonsense) vision that HC was frustrated and in tears with BR for not getting his loan out, due to injuries etc and lamenting that he is now stuck where he is getting no game time.

BR says 'Hamzy, direct this passion and emotion in to your football. You're a great lad and I want to see that bit of fire but channelled in to excellent football. Wipe away yer tears and hold yer head up high. Be confident on the ball and remember all that training about your position and how we press. I'm going to play you tonight. Go out there and show what you're made of. If you boss it, you can have a new 10 year contract. If you don't, we'll tear up your contract and you can go and play for Steve Bruce. Granted Stevie is not the finest football manager, but he does have a massive head and can flip flop in his assessment of a player quicker than a Foxestalk poster on the match thread. Oh and cut yer hair.'

I had a similar dream except the fired up Hamza got sent off after 2 minutes and we lost 3-0.... 

50 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Schmeichel

Youri, Mendy

Perez

Doesn't Morgan always find his way on to these benches?

Granted that is a lot of defenders, but seeing as our defenders other than JJ (machine) are crumbling this season, maybe 7 defenders is the way to go.

Also, imagine if JJ and Ricardo got injured.

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Doesn't Morgan always find his way on to these benches?

Granted that is a lot of defenders, but seeing as our defenders other than JJ (machine) are crumbling this season, maybe 7 defenders is the way to go.

Also, imagine if JJ and Ricardo got injured.

I think Morgan is injured. Ongoing back problem, IIRC.

Why would you want to imagine such a thing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I doubt Morgan will play again for us sadly.

I think you're probably right. Such a shame. Even if he could play, it's sad that we don't get to give him the goodbye he deserves at the last home game of the season.

At least he will still be at the club in some capacity when he retires.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 10:44, Vazman said:

Let's have a bit of positivity we will win 2 Nil, am I nervous, Yes, after Sundays game who isn't, we must start well with pace and determination to win. The loss to Fulham earlier in the Season was for me our worst team performance, we have to put that right Wednesday, by whatever means possible.  I have complete faith BR and the Foxes will deliver!

Like, minus the complete faith. But I like your complete faith.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Fook sake!

I’ll play upfront for a pie and a bag of pork scratchings!

I’ll just pop off to find my old boots with the worn down studs and dubbin them up

👍

I think Dubbin is now a banned stimulant, but deffo worth a try.

On 02/02/2021 at 10:31, filbertway said:

Mendy's main issue he has absolutely no physical presence, if you watch the 3rd leeds goal back he tried to shoulder barge Dallas (I think) and bounces of him like a toddler running into someones legs. So we can't count on him to break up attacks, then there's his issue of always looking to give the ball away safely, he'll rarely look to go forwards. 

I think the 5 at the back probably suited him because he wasn't particularly required to excel at any part of the game.

I find him quite frustrating because he has a good turn of pace and a decent pass on him but he will rarely try and be progressive with the ball. It kills counter attacks and let's the opposition reset.

Was just watching the highlights back but they seem to start a smidge too late, how did we not score from this position lol

image.thumb.png.99e5558eda84cb08cc142465e87bddf2.png

We can all pick out bits of play where a player has not done there job however I have seen Mendy on numrious occasions guard the ball and in gernal he is pretty strong so I don't think it's fair to say that tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Are you suggesting they'll want it more than us? Why would that be?

because they need the points to avoid relegation more than we need them to stay in the hunt for top 4

We’ll see later which group looks more motivated 

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Sorry to think Fulham are shite, I was only looking at the table and seeing them in the bottom 3. If we can't get by these given our away record shouldn't we be asking ourselves where we are going this season?

they were shite 

now they’re holding their own 

if we had our first eleven out there then I would expect a win 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Schmeichel

Youri, Mendy

Perez

Thats likely to be the starting 11, however I would play Barnes upfront as hes more of a striker than Perez and more likely to score, and we might need to find out if he can replace Vards when the time comes. Fullham are to be got at, and after last night this is a chance to raise the level further and get 10 goals. Attack, attack, attack attack attack!

Schmeichael

Peiera Evans Soyuncu Justin

Tielamans Mendy

Under Maddison Perez

Barnes

Ward Albrighton Amartey Fuchs Thomas Choudhury Iheanacho Forfana

9 minutes ago, barnacle said:

Thats likely to be the starting 11, however I would play Barnes upfront as hes more of a striker than Perez and more likely to score, and we might need to find out if he can replace Vards when the time comes. Fullham are to be got at, and after last night this is a chance to raise the level further and get 10 goals. Attack, attack, attack attack attack!

Schmeichael

Peiera Evans Soyuncu Justin

Tielamans Mendy

Under Maddison Perez

Barnes

Ward Albrighton Amartey Fuchs Thomas Choudhury Iheanacho Forfana

As far as I know Fofana is out for 4-6 weeks...

On 2/2/2021 at 13:13, OadbyBlue said:

We aren’t half missing our tall, strong defensive midfielder who’s currently injured, no one is saying swap tielemans with Dickson Etuhu.

Dickson etuhu, now that's definitely one for the "players you forgot played for us" thread.

Halcyon days indeed

26 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I really hope so. It will give us a chance to actually win.

Mendy is better than Hamza though no one can argue that. I would play Iheanacho though as simply can’t be worse than Perez as a lone striker.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1