Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

10 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Think it’s got to be this.

Although I support dropping Perez, my worry is that Iheanacho is no better really.

Iheanacho holds the ball up which is what we need if he can lay of the ball to Under and Barnes we can score goals 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Iheanacho holds the ball up which is what we need if he can lay of the ball to Under and Barnes we can score goals 

One of the reasons Kelch has to start. Perez just needs using later on when a game is stretched perhaps or when a game is won. Just can't bare to see him slipping over and surrendering possession needlessly again for 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

👏👏👏. Finally someone who says it how it is and doesn’t hide behind the seemingly easy narrative on here.

He is so limited it’s painful. I’ve never seen stats that tell such a strong correlation of how much a difference it is when he plays. 
He was absolutely gash vs Leeds but it was the same vs West Ham, Fulham, Villa, Liverpool and Everton.

The really sad thing is it wouldn’t be so obvious if we weren’t suddenly looking nowhere near as gash in the games in between.

It’s not any hyperbole at all. I’m being as least dramatic as I can be. I would be much stronger on him but it’s not his fault he’s out his depth and I don’t want to hate on the guy.

It’s as simple as this, he’s out his level. He’s very very poor and limited player. He wouldn’t get in any Premier league team. Anguissa at Fulham, Basuma at Brighton both better. He wouldn’t get into a single team.

I don’t even need to compare to Wilf because it’s not even a question(although saying that, some people on here questioning whether Wilf would get back in the team before 🤣🤣🙄), the problem is, he’s not even good enough as a back up. If we partnered Youri and Madders with Praet, when Ndidi is out we’d be ok.

Praet is ‘good cover’ Mendy is not.

You say you like stats..since the international break:

Wilf in DM(90 mins) - 7 wins 1 draw 0 losses

Mendy in DM(90 mins) - 0 wins 1 draw 4 losses.

*I didn’t include Sheffield Utd away as Mendy played 70 at 1-1 and Wilf came on at 1-1 to win. Didn’t include it in either though.

Every loss this season Mendy has played, Wilf only lost 1 at CB.

They are very damming.

We are also very poor with Mendy. Even our wins vs Arsenal and Wolves are very poor performances that we ‘knicked’

The win vs Wolves was as bad as any of the 6 defeats we’ve suffered but a lucky penalty and a poor Wolves team struggling as we fell over the line with some Kasper brilliance stopped another home joke. The 2nd half vs Wolves was as bad as anything.

The stats tell 1 thing, but the performances tell it in an even uglier picture. Mendy is holding back the rest of the team and the sooner he’s binned the better chance we stand at making the CL.

Stats don’t lie. We can hide behind the narrative that Mendy plays well every game, ignoring the reality. Or we can actually try and understand, as a fan base why quote ‘I can’t understand how we can play so well for weeks then turn up vs Leeds and play like that’.

Its ok to turn a blind eye to it, but don’t be suprised when we drop points to sh*te teams and wonder why.

Perez is worse than Mendy in terms of being ineffective yet Rodgers still trys to play him in the team he is no better than Gray.

Mendy is not a one man defence, we have played with hardly any regular defenders while he was in the team, when Wilf was back so was the whole back 4.

So there is no narrative apart from your dislike towards Mendeh!

• Like 1

Perez needs dropping, offers nothing going forward  and gets in the way of Tielemans & Maddison, I’m not the greatest fan of Iheanacho but I would play him ahead of Perez. Play Barnes as the number 9 and see how he gets on against Fulham... 

Mendy's main issue he has absolutely no physical presence, if you watch the 3rd leeds goal back he tried to shoulder barge Dallas (I think) and bounces of him like a toddler running into someones legs. So we can't count on him to break up attacks, then there's his issue of always looking to give the ball away safely, he'll rarely look to go forwards. 

I think the 5 at the back probably suited him because he wasn't particularly required to excel at any part of the game.

I find him quite frustrating because he has a good turn of pace and a decent pass on him but he will rarely try and be progressive with the ball. It kills counter attacks and let's the opposition reset.

Was just watching the highlights back but they seem to start a smidge too late, how did we not score from this position lol

image.thumb.png.99e5558eda84cb08cc142465e87bddf2.png

A few changes after Leeds I think

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Justin

Tielemans Choudhury

Under      Maddison        Barnes

Iheanacho

Mendy was poor against Leeds, and physically can get lost in games. Fulham have a big powerful midfield. Time to get Hamza to prove his future can be here.

Kelechi for Perez as I just feel we need more presence up top against these types of teams.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Mendy's main issue he has absolutely no physical presence, if you watch the 3rd leeds goal back he tried to shoulder barge Dallas (I think) and bounces of him like a toddler running into someones legs. So we can't count on him to break up attacks, then there's his issue of always looking to give the ball away safely, he'll rarely look to go forwards. 

I think the 5 at the back probably suited him because he wasn't particularly required to excel at any part of the game.

I find him quite frustrating because he has a good turn of pace and a decent pass on him but he will rarely try and be progressive with the ball. It kills counter attacks and let's the opposition reset.

Was just watching the highlights back but they seem to start a smidge too late, how did we not score from this position lol

image.thumb.png.99e5558eda84cb08cc142465e87bddf2.png

I’m not sure Mendy is the reason we couldn’t counter attack. Against leeds, Perez kept coming deep towards the ball, and both our wingers wanted the ball to feet. This meant leeds could push up and press us as they knew we couldn’t just drop it into a channel to turn their back 4. 

Having Mendy instead of Ndidi does mean we get counter attacked an awful lot though.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Can't see why Nach doesn't start to be honest.

That's three starts Perez has had now and no goals. 

I like what he offers but whilst the main man is out, there's no reason not to rotate that position to see if the other can come up with something. Especially with Perez not finding the net. 

• Like 1

Let's have a bit of positivity we will win 2 Nil, am I nervous, Yes, after Sundays game who isn't, we must start well with pace and determination to win. The loss to Fulham earlier in the Season was for me our worst team performance, we have to put that right Wednesday, by whatever means possible.  I have complete faith BR and the Foxes will deliver!

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Can't see why Nach doesn't start to be honest.

That's three starts Perez has had now and no goals. 

I like what he offers but whilst the main man is out, there's no reason not to rotate that position to see if the other can come up with something. Especially with Perez not finding the net. 

Rodgers seems to really not be a fan of Nacho, I can only assume it's his demeanor in training or off the pitch. Nacho was scoring and assisting in the his games earlier in the season and then he would be banished from the pitch lol

Must kill the motivation and confidence to be treated that way

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers seems to really not be a fan of Nacho, I can only assume it's his demeanor in training or off the pitch. Nacho was scoring and assisting in the his games earlier in the season and then he would be banished from the pitch lol

Must kill the motivation and confidence to be treated that way

Yeah completely agree, i'm certainly still not his biggest fan. But he's always been the go to and scored goals when JV has been out before, so like you say must be really tough for him right now. 

I'd like to see him get at least half an hour.

I'd imagine he will start against Brighton though, I think we will try our very best to accidentally exit the cup now that we haven't got that signing in lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Can't see the harm in giving that a try. Can always change shape/personnel during the game if it isn't working.

A lot of criticism for Mendy on here.  Looking at the practicality of the current situation, if he isn't good enough what possible alternative would get any backing on here?

Cannot understand the criticism of Mendy.  If people are looking for a scapegoat why not Maddison?  Maddison was bloody awful against Leeds.  Couldnt clear the first man with his corners or free kicks gifted them the first goal when his pass led to them scoring, when we were attacking.  I even read yesterday someone blaming Mendy for the third goal?  A breakaway if anyone should be blamed its the defence or lack of in this instance.

Mendy does his job.  Retains the ball turns it over to our supposed more creative players.  He played well against Man City and Everton he is certainly no worse than Peres, Maddison at this moment in time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I’m not sure Mendy is the reason we couldn’t counter attack. Against leeds, Perez kept coming deep towards the ball, and both our wingers wanted the ball to feet. This meant leeds could push up and press us as they knew we couldn’t just drop it into a channel to turn their back 4. 

Having Mendy instead of Ndidi does mean we get counter attacked an awful lot though.

Mendy has done better when we've played with 5 at the back and two holding midfielders, as we're less susceptible to being hit on the counter in this formation. We are more susceptible to being hit on the counter/overran in midfield with Mendy in front of a back 4 though - Youri would have to play a more defensive role to compensate. 

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

👏👏👏. Finally someone who says it how it is and doesn’t hide behind the seemingly easy narrative on here.

He is so limited it’s painful. I’ve never seen stats that tell such a strong correlation of how much a difference it is when he plays. 
He was absolutely gash vs Leeds but it was the same vs West Ham, Fulham, Villa, Liverpool and Everton.

The really sad thing is it wouldn’t be so obvious if we weren’t suddenly looking nowhere near as gash in the games in between.

It’s not any hyperbole at all. I’m being as least dramatic as I can be. I would be much stronger on him but it’s not his fault he’s out his depth and I don’t want to hate on the guy.

It’s as simple as this, he’s out his level. He’s very very poor and limited player. He wouldn’t get in any Premier league team. Anguissa at Fulham, Basuma at Brighton both better. He wouldn’t get into a single team.

I don’t even need to compare to Wilf because it’s not even a question(although saying that, some people on here questioning whether Wilf would get back in the team before 🤣🤣🙄), the problem is, he’s not even good enough as a back up. If we partnered Youri and Madders with Praet, when Ndidi is out we’d be ok.

Praet is ‘good cover’ Mendy is not.

You say you like stats..since the international break:

Wilf in DM(90 mins) - 7 wins 1 draw 0 losses

Mendy in DM(90 mins) - 0 wins 1 draw 4 losses.

*I didn’t include Sheffield Utd away as Mendy played 70 at 1-1 and Wilf came on at 1-1 to win. Didn’t include it in either though.

Every loss this season Mendy has played, Wilf only lost 1 at CB.

They are very damming.

We are also very poor with Mendy. Even our wins vs Arsenal and Wolves are very poor performances that we ‘knicked’

The win vs Wolves was as bad as any of the 6 defeats we’ve suffered but a lucky penalty and a poor Wolves team struggling as we fell over the line with some Kasper brilliance stopped another home joke. The 2nd half vs Wolves was as bad as anything.

The stats tell 1 thing, but the performances tell it in an even uglier picture. Mendy is holding back the rest of the team and the sooner he’s binned the better chance we stand at making the CL.

Stats don’t lie. We can hide behind the narrative that Mendy plays well every game, ignoring the reality. Or we can actually try and understand, as a fan base why quote ‘I can’t understand how we can play so well for weeks then turn up vs Leeds and play like that’.

Its ok to turn a blind eye to it, but don’t be suprised when we drop points to sh*te teams and wonder why.

Are you still going on about Mendy? Give it a rest man

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Kasper

Tielemans Choudhury

Iheanacho

Mendy was poor against Leeds, and physically can get lost in games. Fulham have a big powerful midfield. Time to get Hamza to prove his future can be here.

Kelechi for Perez as I just feel we need more presence up top against these types of teams.

Taking injuries I to account, this is the team I would like to see.  I think Rodgers will go with Mendy, Albrighton and Perez.  If he does, he does.  He knows what he's doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Regarding Mendy, he is decent back up. 

No way are we getting a player on N'didi's level to sit on the bench ! 

Of course not but I would rather see someone with similar attributes to wilf (solid in the air, good ball winner and interceptions) so we don’t have to change our game completely to accommodate him eg switching to 5 at the back

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Of course not but I would rather see someone with similar attributes to wilf (solid in the air, good ball winner and interceptions) so we don’t have to change our game completely to accommodate him eg switching to 5 at the back

We had the choice in the summer of either giving Mendy a new contract, or having to sign someone else (like William Carvalho who was linked)

But then we have to spend around £20m on a decent back up to Wilf, and we most likely end up not being able to afford Fofana

It was the right decision to make when you consider how much more we needed a new centre back and full back

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LVocey said:

Kasper

Tielemans Choudhury

Iheanacho

That's the team I'd like to see start too.  It won't be, though.

• Like 1

They tore our back 3 to shreds last time so really hope we don't go for that again, although it wouldn't have Fuchs in it this time. I wouldn't be surprised though.

Need to take control of the game, at our worst when we're running around chasing, particularly when Mendy/Tielemans are in the middle.