Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Peter Drury & Karen Carney on comms for this tomorrow, btw.

image.png.77ac6b7009431302e1fd2280a2471367.png

Steve Sidwell is a decent pundit, so be interesting to see his comments. Rachel Brown-Finnis doesn't usually add much of interest. Comms are decent, rather these pair over Fletcher and Mcmanaman any day

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Steve Sidwell is a decent pundit, so be interesting to see his comments. Rachel Brown-Finnis doesn't usually add much of interest. Comms are decent, rather these pair over Fletcher and Mcmanaman any day

Don't mind that commentary duo.

I don't expect Rachel Brown-Finnis to offer anything worthwhile. Last week vs Everton she was useless.

My guess:

Kasper

Ricardo   Evans    Cags     JJ

Mendy    Youri

Albrighton  Maddison    Barnes

Ayoze

Subs: Ward, Jakupovic, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Hamza, Leshabela, Under, Nacho

Maybe we'll see Kel start, but I wouldn't be surprised to see everyone calling for Perez to be put back in again by half time. A lot of people seem to want Under to start, but I don't think Kevin deserves to be dropped, and Under's the better impact sub.

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

No. Fofana's out for 5 weeks, apparently.

Shit. I know it’s great viewing for the fans but all these games within a week really isn’t helping the players. We are picking up at least 1/2 injuries per game. Not just us as well. Seen hassenhuttl saying today he’s glad they’ve got the points on board as they are struggling with injuries. 

7 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Shit. I know it’s great viewing for the fans but all these games within a week really isn’t helping the players. We are picking up at least 1/2 injuries per game. Not just us as well. Seen hassenhuttl saying today he’s glad they’ve got the points on board as they are struggling with injuries. 

I know. Just when injuries were clearing up, as well.

I'm trying to look on the bright side. At least it's a position where we have an equally good player ready to come in.

We coped incredibly well with all the injuries in the first half of the season. I'm hoping it won't be quite so bad for the rest of the season, obviously, but if we can carry on managing injuries well, then maybe we'll be alright. As you say, it's not just us. Mad season.

4 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I know. Just when injuries were clearing up, as well.

I'm trying to look on the bright side. At least it's a position where we have an equally good player ready to come in.

We coped incredibly well with all the injuries in the first half of the season. I'm hoping it won't be quite so bad for the rest of the season, obviously, but if we can carry on managing injuries well, then maybe we'll be alright. As you say, it's not just us. Mad season.

Just glad our main 2 players Vardy and Ndidi are not long term. Imagine if it was Vardy out until April and not Praet. I hope we don’t rush both back too soon. 

41 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I'm putting this out there ( a lot games left to play this season) and we have more injuries currently.

Rest Barnes / Justin (bench)

Play Moore / Fuchs in some capacity

3 points is big yes, but FA cup, Europa Cup games to come, we need fresh legs over plenty more games.

I think we'll put a pretty average side out against Brighton. 

It's a game we'll probably be not too disappointed to lose, considering everything that's going on with top 4 and euro games coming up and our injuries. 

And I hate myself for saying that as I'd love to see us lift the FA Cup 

Kasper 

Ricardo Evans Syoncu JJ

Mendy 

Tilemans

Under     Maddison    Barnes

Perez/Ihenacho 

This is what I’d go for. I don’t really care who starts up top, I think they’re both pretty average and not much of a goal threat. They both like to drop in deep so speed on the flanks is essential hence why I would drop Albrighton. Having said that, Albrighton has been great. 

IF we get 2/3 goals ahead Tilemans needs a rest - he must be shattered. 

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Well, after Fofana’s injury and my plan of playing him in midfield going to shite, I’d go with this: 

Kasper 

Soy Evans JJ 

Ricardo Youri Mendy Thomas 

Perez Madders 

Barnes 

Get Perez back in his best position as a number 10 and Barnes can be the focal point. I don’t want him to play as a 9, maybe more like how Werner did for Leipzig last season, leading the line but off of the left hand side. Madders and Perez can fill the gaps in the final third with their ability to find pockets in the half spaces. 

Thomas is purely for fresh legs, you could easily bring Amartey in for him and push JJ up. 

Perez's best position at best is on the bench, though preferably it's even better on a plane to a team on the continent. Why are we even remotely considering organising our team in order that this hapless individual can be accomodated not in his 'best' position, but in his least 'worst' position? He's utter shite wherever we put him, whatever we may think of him, Perez's last couple of performances alone dictate that Iheanacho at least deserves a chance, he'd really struggle to do any worse!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Kasper 

Ricardo Evans Syoncu JJ

Mendy 

Tilemans

Under     Maddison    Barnes

Perez/Ihenacho 

This is what I’d go for. I don’t really care who starts up top, I think they’re both pretty average and not much of a goal threat. They both like to drop in deep so speed on the flanks is essential hence why I would drop Albrighton. Having said that, Albrighton has been great. 

IF we get 2/3 goals ahead Tilemans needs a rest - he must be shattered. 

The damage Ricardo and ünder on one side and justin and barnes on the other, will do, should be massive!

• Like 1