Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Fulham (A) 3/2/21 6pm Pre-Match thread

1 minute ago, Buce said:

Not that I'm supporting their suggestion, but it's not without precedent - Matt Elliot and Walshy both made a pretty good fist of switching positions.

Oh for sure, it is certainly not without precedent, was more teasing at the suggestion of change after one loss and with the knowledge our talisman is back so soon

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu was a striker at youth level

It could still be a goer if big Dan could fill in at CB.  Too much of a risk, I think.  But such a tactic could be used in the last 10 mins or so of a game if we were desperate enough to gamble for a goal.  It makes me think back to the days when that was tried occasionally with Walshie or Elliot, but moves like that seem a thing of the past nowadays.

Correction - oops, sorry Bruce. You just beat me to it but our thoughts & memories are identical.

Edited by deep blue

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm apprehensive about the team selection...just who are BT Sport going to lump us with on commentary/punditry duty tonight?

Someone posted this yesterday, commentary team is Dury and Carney I believe.

• Thanks 1

Same team except covering the injuries to castagne and fofana with Ricardo and Cags. I’d keep albrighton on the right for his link up play with Ricky. We really need the win here and can’t afford to gamble, plus you know mark will cover Ricardo going forward whereas I’m not so sure with under.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I've looked through the squad and which players are injured/out on loan and I think we will have to name 2 under 23s on the bench, have I got my maths right?

I think you're right, unless we name Jakupovic and have 2 keepers on the bench.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I've looked through the squad and which players are injured/out on loan and I think we will have to name 2 under 23s on the bench, have I got my maths right?

Looking at the video it’s looks like leshabela and Regba (apologies for spellings) were training with the 1st team.

28 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm apprehensive about the team selection...just who are BT Sport going to lump us with on commentary/punditry duty tonight?

This might sound crazy but I think Townsend has been getting better lately. Usually despised his one sided approach.

Maybe he's been sent to coaching school.

6 minutes ago, teblin said:

Looking at the video it’s looks like leshabela and Regba (apologies for spellings) were training with the 1st team.

I could only see Leshabella and Daley Campbell. You got me excited then - I really want to see what Reghba could do playing with midfielders who can actually feed him properly! 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

If I may draw my honourable colleagues attention to exhibits A amd B, in the case of "Why fans don`t make managers"  :P

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

Yep. He was at the football academy and trialed for a striker position at the Freiburg  when he arrived from Turkey but he ended up became a defender somehow.

Pretty sure Albrighton and Schlupp were both strikers at youth level too, but I wouldn't trust either to lead the lines.

I think it's quite common actually for your best youth players to be strikers, only to move further back down the pitch as they get older.

46 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

I like that team. 

Never sure what you'll get with Kelechi but he can't be much less of a goal threat than Perez so I'd start him too 

I really like the look of the partnerships in the middle and down the wings. 

COYB - Pre Match nerves kicked in already 

Three goals and three assists in six appearances in the Europa league isn't exactly terrible! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I could only see Leshabella and Daley Campbell. You got me excited then - I really want to see what Reghba could do playing with midfielders who can actually feed him properly! 

Sorry was a quick look at the video.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Cags, Justin

Youri, Mendy

Albrighton, Maddison, Barnes

Perez

Ward, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Choudhury, Under, Iheanacho, ?, ?

So yeah 2 places on the bench available

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Good to see Leshabella in there. I really don't rate Daley Campbell though, but I guess Brendan is probably in a better place to judge than me! 

Watched Leshabella in pre season 2019 / 2020 and he looked a player to me although difficult to gauge as obviously a friendly and lower league. 

It's good to see the younger players getting a chance 

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Don’t see how that’s such a terrible suggestion. He’s got all the skill set to play holding midfield, it’s not like you’d be asking him to play number 10 or thread balls through. 

Would only be to counter act the physicality Fulham possess and the lack of Wilf, ain’t gonna happen anyway with Fofana out. 

Let’s stick big Wes up front then. He’s got the strength and aerial ability to be a good hold up striker? He’s got the skill set, right? 

Edited by TJB-fox

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Fook sake!

I’ll play upfront for a pie and a bag of pork scratchings!

I’ll just pop off to find my old boots with the worn down studs and dubbin them up

👍

You get my vote as long as you don't keep falling over. Are you any good at taking corners by the way?

• Like 1