Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

History is usually a good indicator and we have a history under Rodgers of being bottlers.

I watched today’s game with alarm because, until the intro of a brilliant Albrighton, we literally did not know what we were doing. We had no game plan whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Be interesting to see what the state of those last 3 games is. 

- Utd will still be in Europa and may have pretty much sewn up top 4. They haven't been formidable at home either.

- Chelsea looked very good under Tuchel, West Brom aside. But again, may have an eye on games in Europe too. 

- Spurs have a battle to still be interested in this game. We could do with them dropping off before this.

However, no point worrying about them until we've done our bit over the next 4. All winnable and over a period where Chelsea play West Ham and Man City, Liverpool play Man U and West Ham play Chelsea and Everton. 12 points would have us looking very strong going into those final 3.

• Like 1

We can do it. These 2 games were always going to be tough and we were off the pace for most of today. I'm just glad we showed some fight and have an FA cup tie to put our form right.

Next 4 are the ones we need at least 9 points from. Then we need a result in the last 3. Chelsea and West Ham to play each other soon as well. Cags and Maddison to return will make a massive difference. I'm not losing hope just yet. 

We should really enjoy the fact we're scrapping for champions league but it's so bloody stressful! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, I watched it with dismay, but trying to not shit the bed like most on here! We won't defend that badly every week.

We will if we continue to play 5 atb with Big Dan in there.

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Massive overeaction in here as expected.

If we take 10 points from the next 12, there's no reason we still can't get 4th.

We can definitely get 3 points from the last 3 games btw, we can quite easily win one of the 3.

That’s the problem though. I feel we need AT LEAST 10 points out of these games now. Major guts needed and I’m not sure we have it in us.

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

History is usually a good indicator and we have a history under Rodgers of being bottlers.

I watched today’s game with alarm because, until the intro of a brilliant Albrighton, we literally did not know what we were doing. We had no game plan whatsoever. 

Spot on as usual from what I’ve read. History says bottling it and form says bottling it. I’d be very suprised if we get it from here.

• Like 1

Yes we still have a decent chance and its still in our hands. I has us down for 1 point from the Man City and West Ham games, so 1 behind but our rivals have picked up more points than expected.  Still need another 12-14 points and probably avoid defeat to Chelsea. Getting Barnes back soon to give us the option to switch back to 4141 will be important 

54 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, I watched it with dismay, but trying to not shit the bed like most on here! We won't defend that badly every week.

Fair play to you personally I find it hard not to shit the bed as we have just put in an awful performance in a very important match which worries me about are character for the final games 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Fair play to you personally I find it hard not to shit the bed as we have just put in an awful performance in a very important match which worries me about are character for the final games 

I agree on the one hand but this could go another way, a big kick up the arse. Let's hope so... You got to think lessons were learned from last year.

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Gonna sound really negative but anyone else in charge and I think we’d do it. With Rodgers I’m not confident. 

It's a double-edged sword though because without Rodgers we probably wouldn't have been in a position to bottle this away anyway

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I agree on the one hand but this could go another way, a big kick up the arse. Let's hope so... You got to think lessons were learned from last year.

It's a double-edged sword though because without Rodgers we probably wouldn't have been in a position to bottle this away anyway

I don’t know. He’s got arguably the best squad we’ve ever had. Not saying we should be constantly be top 4 but it’s difficult to say what he should be doing. It’s strange to judge BR if we started well in a season had a bad middle and then ended the season well everyone would praise him but we don’t do that. We start well and continue it in the middle and then fall away at the end. We’re doing the same this season. I know I’ll be shot down but 2 seasons on the trot to be in the top 4 and then drop out is bottling it. I really like Rodgers but imo we won’t get top 4 with him. Not saying anyone else would do better but there does seem a pattern developing with him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1