Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

Last 9 are a real mixed bag of games- Man City and West Ham to start; Man United, Chelsea and Tottenham to finish.

Those four games in the middle- West Brom, Crystal Palace and Newcastle at home, Southampton away- are vital in claiming at least 10 points I reckon.

• Like 1

19 points from last 10 games will see us home I think.

We have to look at:

Sheff Utd

WBA

Newcastle

Crystal Palace

and see 12 of those 19 points - then 7 points from Man City, Man Utd, West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs and Southampton.

If we do that then Everton need 26/36, West Ham 27/36, Liverpool 30/33 Spurs 31/36.

Arsenal and below will not be able to catch us even with max points.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

We’ve gotten lucky today. We need to buck our ideas up, quickly. We need a bigger squad and a good transfer window regardless of our end of season league position too.

Well, finishing top 4 makes that window more possible. I think the luck was deserved tonight.

• Like 1

Thought it was time to bump this after Liverpool's latest clanger at Anfield. To get top 4 our mission now is basically to finish above Everton and West Ham, and that's with a good head start. Liverpool essentially out the running now along with Spurs and Arsenal. Wolves having a mare of a season too. You gotta fancy our chances!! And that's assuming Chelsea and Man U do overtake us which is far from guaranteed. BLUE ARMY!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Thought it was time to bump this after Liverpool's latest clanger at Anfield. To get top 4 our mission now is basically to finish above Everton and West Ham, and that's with a good head start. Liverpool essentially out the running now along with Spurs and Arsenal. Wolves having a mare of a season too. You gotta fancy our chances!! And that's assuming Chelsea and Man U do overtake us which is far from guaranteed. BLUE ARMY!!

Spurs or arsenal could win the UEFA cup though which I’m assuming means 4th place is lost. Not sure what happens if Liverpool win the champions league as well. I’d feel more confident getting second place and bagging champions league!

52 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Spurs or arsenal could win the UEFA cup though which I’m assuming means 4th place is lost. Not sure what happens if Liverpool win the champions league as well. I’d feel more confident getting second place and bagging champions league!

Not quite. 4th place only disqualifies a team if BOTH European competitions are won by teams outside the top 4.

i thought we had a good chance of finishing on the top 4 until I read the Burnley and Brighton pre.match threads.  I learned we are rubbish and have no chance.   Whoever collates the information to make the premier league table is clearly.incompetent.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not quite. 4th place only disqualifies a team if BOTH European competitions are won by teams outside the top 4.

Ah ok, so does that mean 5 teams can qualify if it comes to that?

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

19 points from last 10 games will see us home I think.

We have to look at:

Sheff Utd

WBA

Newcastle

Crystal Palace

and see 12 of those 19 points - then 7 points from Man City, Man Utd, West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs and Southampton.

If we do that then Everton need 26/36, West Ham 27/36, Liverpool 30/33 Spurs 31/36.

Arsenal and below will not be able to catch us even with max points.

I actually think 68 will be enough.  After today it’s a 6 horse race.  If we can beat Sheff U, Palace & WBA we will be really close.

4pts from the last 2 away games where we played poorly with thin teams has actually been good.

Post the window we will have numbers back for the last push.  We’ll be playing in Europe again, just which trophy??

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Everton still have WHU and Spurs to play, so it's almost impossible for all three of them to get 30+ points from their remaining games.

Beat Sheffield United and we'll be laughing:fc:

Well that's where we have to start, definitely.

Granted we've had genuine bad luck with this repetition of injuries to first team players and it frustrates me when supporters of other clubs - usually the traditional "Top 6" fail to acknowledge that when criticising us.

But if we can't take 3 points at home to Sheffield United, we don't deserve to finish in the top 4. If that is the case, (and I hope it isn't) at least we'll know we're not good enough I guess.

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I still think we’ll drop out and finish 5th or 6th. Can see us messing up against the sides we should beat at home - Sheffield Utd, West Brom, Palace and Newcastle.  

It really is November the year round in your household, isn't it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2