Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

By the time we play West Brom there’s a big chance we will be out of the top four. It’s a massive few games coming up... I fear if we bin the weekend then that’s it, the rot will set in and it will be last season all over again.... the West Ham game was absolutely massive, it would have set us up to sail away, but instead we’ve now presented the opportunity to both West Ham and Chelsea to get a foothold in the top 4.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

By the time we play West Brom there’s a big chance we will be out of the top four. It’s a massive few games coming up... I fear if we bin the weekend then that’s it, the rot will set in and it will be last season all over again.... the West Ham game was absolutely massive, it would have set us up to sail away, but instead we’ve now presented the opportunity to both West Ham and Chelsea to get a foothold in the top 4.

It's pretty much a certainty given West Ham & Chelsea's opponents.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's pretty much a certainty given West Ham & Chelsea's opponents.

And then there’s the issue. The psychological blow that could deal the club might finish us off again. We’ve got to really use the weekend as a chance to get a performance under the belt and get some good vibes in the club. We have to win our next four PL games to stand a chance, and hope Chelsea beat West Ham and West Ham slip up a few times. 

It’s going to be very difficult to hold onto now, the weekends defeat just loosens the grip. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

And then there’s the issue. The psychological blow that could deal the club might finish us off again. We’ve got to really use the weekend as a chance to get a performance under the belt and get some good vibes in the club. We have to win our next four PL games to stand a chance, and hope Chelsea beat West Ham and West Ham slip up a few times. 

It’s going to be very difficult to hold onto now, the weekends defeat just loosens the grip. 

On the basis we win our next 4 games, we definitely build up some more ground on the chasing pack. West Ham play Chelsea in a couple of weeks. I believe Liverpool still have to go to Man Utd, as do Chelsea. There'll be times over the next 4 weeks where we could actually be in a strong position by the time we get to the final 3 games anyway :) 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

On the basis we win our next 4 games, we definitely build up some more ground on the chasing pack. West Ham play Chelsea in a couple of weeks. I believe Liverpool still have to go to Man Utd, as do Chelsea. There'll be times over the next 4 weeks where we could actually be in a strong position by the time we get to the final 3 games anyway :) 

Chelsea don’t go to Man Utd but they do Man City.

• Like 1

Had a bad thought that Chelsea and Liverpool will have 3rd and 4th wrapped up before the last game of the season as us and West Ham falter, how crap and boring would that be....

Edited by Nalis

Every set back weve had this season, weve come back stronger.

I fully believe were capable of winning the semi and next 4 league games.

Weve got a good team and it should be capable of beating the next 4 teams we play.

Do that and were in a very strong position for the last 3 games.

Unfortunately I don't see it. Liverpool have a really nice run of games left with United away being the only hard one. Chelsea are looking sensational and are rarely conceding bar that WBA debacle.

Neither us nor West Ham will get top 4

• Like 3

Just thinking about it. The next four games is equivalent to our run towards the end of last year after lockdown. We had Watford, Brighton, Everton, Palace, Bournemouth and Sheff United. We beat Palace and SU and lost to Everton plus Bournemouth. In hindsight, it was a dismal run given the fixtures and position of the teams we were facing. If we can win 3 of the next four, which we should be more than capable of. Especially if we want Champions League, a point in the final three could have us over the line. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just thinking about it. The next four games is equivalent to our run towards the end of last year after lockdown. We had Watford, Brighton, Everton, Palace, Bournemouth and Sheff United. We beat Palace and SU and lost to Everton plus Bournemouth. In hindsight, it was a dismal run given the fixtures and position of the teams we were facing. If we can win 3 of the next four, which we should be more than capable of. Especially if we want Champions League, a point in the final three could have us over the line. 

We should be more than capable of wining 3 or 4 games of the remaining 7. If we win 3 then we probably need 2 draws as well. If we get that then Chelsea/West Ham and Liverpool would have to win 5 of their 7 games at least. Not a given.

If we win 3 of the next 4 then we will have a bit of a cushion going into the last 3 games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Not to mention Liverpool

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Unfortunately I don't see it. Liverpool have a really nice run of games left with United away being the only hard one. Chelsea are looking sensational and are rarely conceding bar that WBA debacle.

I regret to say that I entirely agree with you

10 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I regret to say that I entirely agree with you

1 hour ago, Koke said:

I don't agree. Here's the way I see it. We must win the next 4  Palace and W Brom won't be easy but given what's at stake I expect us to deliver. Then the final game against Spurs will mean nothing to them and they'll want to get off on Holidays. So we have an easier game against them. Utd might also be secure in second so they have less to play for. Chelsea will be a battle if they are still involved. We already have 4 points on Liverpool, so they need a faultless finish which I just don't see happening.

It will be tight but I think we'll just make it.

Get past Sunday and we'll have time to relax, focus and prepare for each game. 

Our last 2 performances have been woeful so I cannot have any confidence that we will win any of the next 4. I agree that we are much better than those teams but we need to go out & prove it.

If we perform like we did in the last 25 mins at the Hammers then yes, but I suspect it is more likely we will be like the first 65 minutes & the previous 90 against Man City. It's all so similar to last season

• Like 1

Isn't it strange the comments above and some people's perception. With "Liverpool have a really nice run of games left with United away being the only hard one" to "our games against Palace and W Brom won't be easy". The fact is we can all pontificate and guess but there are so many variables and if anyone of us got anywhere near what will actually happen we would be clairvoyant.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't agree. Here's the way I see it. We must win the next 4  Palace and W Brom won't be easy but given what's at stake I expect us to deliver. Then the final game against Spurs will mean nothing to them and they'll want to get off on Holidays. So we have an easier game against them. Utd might also be secure in second so they have less to play for. Chelsea will be a battle if they are still involved. We already have 4 points on Liverpool, so they need a faultless finish which I just don't see happening.

It will be tight but I think we'll just make it.

Get past Sunday and we'll have time to relax, focus and prepare for each game. 

We haven’t won four on the bounce since autumn 2019 .........

it won’t happen - 10 points would be a v good outcome 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I'm hoping a win on Sunday will get the feel good factor back. I didn't know we haven't won 4 on the bounce since then, 

With our quality we should have enough to beat them 4. Though Palace always trouble us and West Brom have a new drive in them. Then if we get ahead in both I think we'll hang on.

Everton and Leeds could do us a few favors on the run in as they are unpredictable and have the quality to beat most teams on there day. 

It will certainly be an exciting run in with so much at stake. I just hope Brendan sends them out with a winning mind set like against Utd.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

I think you’re right. The top four will be taken up by the usual faces, Liverpool will snatch the last spot and Chelsea with get third. 

As for us it will be another massive missed opportunity, and a potentially damaging one going forward, with covid and right finances a CL spot would really have been a godsend for us, may have enabled us to sign one or two quality players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

We have had a 6 game winning streak and a 5 game winning streak this season when you factor in all competitions, there is no reason why 12 points shouldn't be the target Man city and West ham were always gonna be tricky, I tend to believe the truth about a lot of things is in the middle, we aren't as awesome as some thought after Shef utd and Man utd, an neither are we as dreadful as others think after the last two games.