Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

7 points clear of 5th with a win, 2 points with a loss. Given our final 3 games and the form of Chelsea and Liverpool's quality, you sure about that?

The same Liverpool we beat 3-1 a few weeks ago. The same Chelsea that got beat by wba last week.

Of the 8 remaining games The only sides we didn't take maximum points off were West ham, Palace and United, losing once. We beat united the other week.

So yes I'm sure about that. It'll be tight but it would have been tight anyway - people need to stop getting their knickers in a twist about tomorrow. Big game but we're still third if we lose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The same Liverpool we beat 3-1 a few weeks ago. The same Chelsea that got beat by wba last week.

Of the 8 remaining games The only sides we didn't take maximum points off were West ham, Palace and United, losing once. We beat united the other week.

So yes I'm sure about that. It'll be tight but it would have been tight anyway - people need to stop getting their knickers in a twist about tomorrow. Big game but we're still third if we lose.

Glad Brendan won't have the mindset tbh. The same mindset that covered for losses against Fulham etc. 

Win tomorrow and it's done in my eyes. Lose and yeah it's still possible but it's needlessly harder than it needs to be.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Glad Brendan won't have the mindset tbh. The same mindset that covered for losses against Fulham etc. 

Win tomorrow and it's done in my eyes. Lose and yeah it's still possible but it's needlessly harder than it needs to be.

I'd hope brendan doesn't have a mindset that pins everything on tomorrow. He'll want to win clearly but there's no need for panic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'd hope brendan doesn't have a mindset that pins everything on tomorrow. He'll want to win clearly but there's no need for panic.

It's clearly a massive game hence why everyone's so up for it. Nothing wrong with framing it as such. 

Very little I dislike more than us being OK with dropping points because those around us did. We'd never have won the league with that mentality.

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's clearly a massive game hence why everyone's so up for it. Nothing wrong with framing it as such. 

Very little I dislike more than us being OK with dropping points because those around us did. We'd never have won the league with that mentality.

I'm not okay with us dropping points. Nor is anyone just aware that it might happen and it's football. Weird perspective.

There's a way to be disappointed about losing but also think it's not the end of thr season.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm not okay with us dropping points. Nor is anyone just aware that it might happen and it's football. Weird perspective.

There's a way to be disappointed about losing but also think it's not the end of thr season.

No it's not the end of the season but would be a hammer blow at this stage of the season with the teams around us suddenly being right up with us. 

Don't see why that's so controversial to say tbh.

• Like 1

Like a pendulum ......

We win, we’ll make top four. 

We lose, we’re going to collapse like last season. 

You can only take this one game at a time. That game, is West Ham. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

No I think Chelsea & Liverpool will win most of their remaining games & I think we will need a minimum of 70 points, which I can't see us achieving

I honesty don't think both will hit that as they'll both need league winning form to do it. One maybe but not both.

Also, Liverpool narrowly got past Villa in injury time yesterday and Chelsea beat a Palace side who are dog shit. They'll both have tougher tests to come, all while managing their cup involvements.

I knew we’d lose today after that pathetic performance against Man City - that game proved to me the players and manager had gone full blown defensive mode and were scared of losing rather than trying to win. Same thing happened last season. 

Players and Manager both weak mentally 

18 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hmm.