Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

7 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

It's not dead but I think we need maximum points from the next four games.

Vardy scoring again would go a long way to help that happen.

Let's see how they play out. 

There is no chance of us winning all 4 games. I think winning 3 would be an achievement. I can see us pick up 7 or 8 points. Then we have our work cut out in the final 3 games.

It's important to beat West Brom and Palace. Although both teams will have had 10/16 (West Brom/Palace) days to prepare for playing us, not sure if that will show.

13 hours ago, Simmo86 said:

100% yes. Complete OTT reaction in here 

Is it really a complete OTT reaction? Lost the last two games, players misbehaving and being removed from the squad, attacking intent missing from 135 minutes out of the last 180 minutes, top scorer looking like he’ll not score again etc etc. 
I don’t think it’s too over the top to suggest history is repeating itself with us and Brendan. 
👍🏻

20 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There is no chance of us winning all 4 games. I think winning 3 would be an achievement. I can see us pick up 7 or 8 points. Then we have our work cut out in the final 3 games.

It's important to beat West Brom and Palace. Although both teams will have had 10/16 (West Brom/Palace) days to prepare for playing us, not sure if that will show.

There is always a chance. People said we had no chance to win the league back in 15/16 

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

If Rodgers keeps playing the way we played in the 1st half we will miss Europe all together , this playing back and not going forward is just shit , we came out 2nd half and went forward and nearly got a result 

I'm not sure why people assuming Rogers has anything to do with this. He's said multiple times across many games when we become passive and not aggressive he doesn't like it. It's the players at fault. 

1 hour ago, lcfcfoz said:

There is always a chance. People said we had no chance to win the league back in 15/16 

Of course never say never but I don't think this team have it in them to win 4 consecutive games at the minute. I think it will be a mixed bag in the last 7 matches and I really don't know if we'll do enough.

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

I'm not sure why people assuming Rogers has anything to do with this. He's said multiple times across many games when we become passive and not aggressive he doesn't like it. It's the players at fault. 

He’s the coach , manager he needs to send out a message if he’s not happy , I never seen that happen , but they came out a different team in the second half , THE BUCK STOPS with him 

I think its far too early to decide. I know we have had two below par performances but to suggest we will "bottle" just based on last years end of season run, is not the correct way to do it. We've seen progress in many areas this year compared to last year. We have a young team and are more than capable of getting 10 points from our next 4 league games. I also think that the final 3 against the "big" clubs is not a foregone conclusion. United, Chelsea and Spurs have all hit hot and cold last year. Chelsea lost 5-2 against WBA just last week. Still a lot to play for. For 70 mins yesterday we were not on it - no excuse but the players did show some fight which is a positive. We have shown that fight before this season (Everton away springs to mind). There is a lot to play for. 

• Like 1

It is still in our hands. We definitely CAN do it, hopefully a win in the cup can arrest recent poor performances before it is too late. 

The self sabotage by a number of our own players certainly doesn’t help though. 

In my opinion... it’s a toss up now, between us, Chelsea and West Ham for that 4th spot, I’d expect Liverpool to come 3rd with their remaining fixtures. But this is football, it often goes against what you’d expect. 

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

If Rodgers keeps playing the way we played in the 1st half we will miss Europe all together , this playing back and not going forward is just shit , we came out 2nd half and went forward and nearly got a result 

Rodgers isn’t on the field though, yes the buck stops with the manager as always but I’m sure he didn’t send them out and expect them to play so poorly.

The players were a disgrace first half and Rodgers said in his post match interview how badly they performed and nowhere near the level of performance he expected.

in some ways the actions for a few players has eased me getting worked up about this, if they don't care enough to the point they are happy to break the law, put their team mates in danger, let their team mates down, miss out on euros and generally look like cvnts to the rest of the footballing world then maybe i shouldn't care as much

Win yesterday and I'm confident and relaxed. Instead we now have a wafer thin cushion and several teams in decent form breathing down our necks.

I can see us picking up a few more wins over the next four matches, but my worry is that Chelsea and Liverpool will almost certainly match us, which means we have to pick up a decent points return in the final three, which I don't fancy us doing.

Can we all just remember, we are 3rd in the league and in a FA Cup semi-final.

First hour yesterday was awful, but everything is still in our hands. We have a good next 4 fixtures, and then we are more than capable of getting points in the last 3. Difficult matches yes but Spurs are no great side, Man U always have a wobble in them and Chelsea may be pre-occupied with Champions League.

End of the day, if we don't finish top 4, it's because we don't deserve to. We prove ourselves in the next 7 league matches and if it doesn't happen and its Europa again, it's still a really successful season.

• Thanks 1

Now that Liverpools cogs are turning and pistons firing they'll go on a good enough run to secure top 4 then Chelsea are likely to get more points than us from the remaining games but enough, I'm not sure? So tight, what a wasted chance yesterday was.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bptiger said:

He’s the coach , manager he needs to send out a message if he’s not happy , I never seen that happen , but they came out a different team in the second half , THE BUCK STOPS with him 

I really think that's phrase is a cop out for the players. I'm sorry but it was clear that the players failed to play how he wanted them to play and on this occasion it was the players to blame. I have often critisised BR for various subs and formations etc. But yesterday for clear for me that the players just didn't have the right attitude, potentially because of all the stuff that went on behind the scenes. 

9 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Of course never say never but I don't think this team have it in them to win 4 consecutive games at the minute. I think it will be a mixed bag in the last 7 matches and I really don't know if we'll do enough.

No chance on current form and confidence.

I should be more positive but I’ve a feeling it’s going to slip away from us again. 

Maddison being Maddison, Barnes injured, Soyuncu positive for Covid and Vardy losing his form it just seems like the footballing gods are against us again. 

Jesse Lingard suddenly deciding he can win the Ballon D’or, The scouse boys getting their late winner again and Chelsea finding their shooting boots. 

Sounds strange, but if Liverpool hadn't scraped a win on Saturday I'd be feeling a lot more confident. That wouldn't have left them much room for error. As it stands I can't look past Liverpool and Chelsea getting 69+, which we are going to struggle to get.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Livid said:

I should be more positive but I’ve a feeling it’s going to slip away from us again. 

Maddison being Maddison, Barnes injured, Soyuncu positive for Covid and Vardy losing his form it just seems like the footballing gods are against us again. 

Jesse Lingard suddenly deciding he can win the Ballon D’or, The scouse boys getting their late winner again and Chelsea finding their shooting boots. 

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Sounds strange, but if Liverpool hadn't scraped a win on Saturday I'd be feeling a lot more confident. That wouldn't have left them much room for error. As it stands I can't look past Liverpool and Chelsea getting 69+, which we are going to struggle to get.

Had that feel didn't it? 

I have made comfort with that as much as I wanted to believe it was not going to come down to the final three games, it was always was. 

Keep asking myself how are West Ham getting away with taking 7 points conceding 7 goals in the process with a back three which has been shite for their entire PL career. How are teams not preparing for how Lingard effectively as a free role like Grealish for Villa does and not attacking the space he departs. 

How are Liverpool getting away with an absolutely average centre half pair at the moment. 

• Like 1