Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King of Gipsy Lane

Will we finish in the Top 4

Will we finish in top 4 ?   

568 members have voted

1. 1. Top 4 finish for the City ?

On 07/03/2021 at 09:01, Aus Fox said:

19 points from last 10 games will see us home I think.

We have to look at:

Sheff Utd

WBA

Newcastle

Crystal Palace

and see 12 of those 19 points - then 7 points from Man City, Man Utd, West Ham, Chelsea, Spurs and Southampton.

If we do that then Everton need 26/36, West Ham 27/36, Liverpool 30/33 Spurs 31/36.

Arsenal and below will not be able to catch us even with max points.

I can see Everton and Spurs potentially getting those points, although unlikely for Spurs especially if they go deep into Europa. If we can get a result, even a draw, from the Man City game (assuming we beat Sheff Utd) that will be huge, it will really infuse the lads with some strength going into our last stretch of "easy" fixtures. In a sort of "best case scenario" where we get 7 points from our next three games (not likely, but possible) we will only need 4 wins from 7 of WBA, CRY, sou, NEW, mun, che, TOT to hit your goal of 19 points. We could feasibly go into the last three big games already on 72 points, in a position where we can afford a draw or two instead of needing wins.

Sheff Utd. is a must win, purely because my Leicester fan brain has us down as fated to lose to West Brom. It's exactly that sort of game against a team properly scrapping that we always seem to do something stupid in. The Blades are one thing - they're about finished and Vardy will be chomping at the bit to break his barren spell against them - but the Baggies still have that slim hope to cling to as it stands and will be going sh*t for leather every kick of the ball from here until they're officially down.

:plancque:

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I can see Everton and Spurs potentially getting those points, although unlikely for Spurs especially if they go deep into Europa. If we can get a result, even a draw, from the Man City game (assuming we beat Sheff Utd) that will be huge, it will really infuse the lads with some strength going into our last stretch of "easy" fixtures. In a sort of "best case scenario" where we get 7 points from our next three games (not likely, but possible) we will only need 4 wins from 7 of WBA, CRY, sou, NEW, mun, che, TOT to hit your goal of 19 points. We could feasibly go into the last three big games already on 72 points, in a position where we can afford a draw or two instead of needing wins.

Nah, can’t see both getting 9 wins from 12 games. Bear in mind they still have to play each other, Everton’s last 12 includes games against West Ham, Villa, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Whilst Spurs still have to play us, Arsenal, both Manchester clubs and Villa twice. 
They will both drop points along the way. As will we, but if we can get to 72, I can’t see anyone from 5th or below catching us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Nah, can’t see both getting 9 wins from 12 games. Bear in mind they still have to play each other, Everton’s last 12 includes games against West Ham, Villa, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Whilst Spurs still have to play us, Arsenal, both Manchester clubs and Villa twice. 
They will both drop points along the way. As will we, but if we can get to 72, I can’t see anyone from 5th or below catching us.

Agree - we took 12 from the final 10 last season ..:.. surely we can manage 7 more this time although thats 2 points per game which isn’t going to be easy. 

Everton are out of it I think and Liverpool will need a huge run - 68 points absolutely max they will get imo and that’s being generous.

I think Spurs are the biggest threat. They have favourable fixtures but at most they might be on 65 points coming into our game.

West ham outside chance but feel they won’t have enough, they need to beat us imo.

Id say 70 points will be almost 100%. I’d say 68 points should be very unlucky if we don’t get it though.

With our fixtures we should be getting 3 wins 3 draws and 3 defeats or 4 wins 5 defeats comfortably.
If we don’t get at least 68 we’d of messed up.

The one worry I have is Spurs come into the last game of the season within 3 points of us and a win at our place goes above us. I’m not confident how we’d handle that pressure so I’d like to hope we could get at least 4 points ahead by then. To do that maybe we’d need 69 so by the time we go to Old Trafford maybe need at least 68 already, which will be very difficult.

I think we might need to win at least 3 of the Newcastle West Brom Palace Southampton run of games to do it.

• Like 1

I think we are going to end up in 5th. 

Just had a look at Chelsea and Liverpools fixtures and they are far more favourable. 

We NEED to beat Chelsea if we have any chance of finishing above them. 

EDIT. Had a closer look at Liverpool and we SHOULD finish higher. We just need to make sure we get atleast 15 points out of our remaining games. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

When Barnes was being carried off the pitch against Arsenal with his knee in a brace I would have been a firm no if asked this question. We looked absolutely knackered and that injury felt like a huge blow. 

But since then we’ve somehow regrouped, taken 7 points from 3 games, not suffered any more injuries, 3 key players are back with the group and Kelechi Iheanacho has suddenly morphed into a 2002 Ruud van Nistelrooy. Everything looks and feels so much better. 

If we can get Maddison back in the next few weeks and keep this decent run of form going, I think we’ll be absolutely fine. Partly because we’re a bloody good team with a top manager, but also because our challengers from 5th downwards (Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, West Ham) are all very average and not capable of winning 6/7 on the trot. 

A long way to go, but reasons to be confident. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

When Barnes was being carried off the pitch against Arsenal with his knee in a brace I would have been a firm no if asked this question. We looked absolutely knackered and that injury felt like a huge blow. 

But since then we’ve somehow regrouped, taken 7 points from 3 games, not suffered any more injuries, 3 key players are back with the group and Kelechi Iheanacho has suddenly morphed into a 2002 Ruud van Nistelrooy. Everything looks and feels so much better. 

If we can get Maddison back in the next few weeks and keep this decent run of form going, I think we’ll be absolutely fine. Partly because we’re a bloody good team with a top manager, but also because our challengers from 5th downwards (Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, West Ham) are all very average and not capable of winning 6/7 on the trot. 

A long way to go, but reasons to be confident. 

Agree. I thought the Arsenal match was the football gods delivering us a cruel blow. 

But, when we lined up at Burnley a few days.later, Rodgers had got their heads right.

We fielded a steely mid table strength xi and i thought then....you know what, we look.OK. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2021 at 18:52, Foxy_Bear said:

I think we are going to end up in 5th. 

Just had a look at Chelsea and Liverpools fixtures and they are far more favourable. 

We NEED to beat Chelsea if we have any chance of finishing above them. 

EDIT. Had a closer look at Liverpool and we SHOULD finish higher. We just need to make sure we get atleast 15 points out of our remaining games. 

I really doubt Liverpool are gonna get 8 wins in 9 games, especially when they still have European games to play. If they manage it then fair play, but I think 6 wins, 7 at the max is what they'll end up with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/03/2021 at 19:27, winteriscoming said:

I still think we’ll drop out and finish 5th or 6th. Can see us messing up against the sides we should beat at home - Sheffield Utd, West Brom, Palace and Newcastle.  

these fixtures are our achilles heel. I still think the semi final will be key to our chances. If we lose we may become sitting ducks given our vulnerable confidence. 

• Like 1

I do feel if Manchester Utd do a job on Spurs tomorrow then at least it probably takes them out of the running. 

If we beat West Ham then I think we have finally broken them. 

Then it's a shoot out between us, Liverpool, and Chelsea for the final couple of places. 

This club man lol