Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Wolves (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

So much for all your absentees lol @The Bear

Yeah better than I was expecting. Boly and Podence both out though. Jonny starting seems a risk as he only go the go ahead for full training last week.

I still have no idea if it's 4 or 5 at the back. Could be either.

Edited by The Bear

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

There’s not a lot I question with Rodgers but what’s with all the fullbacks? 

Apart from a lack of other options, I suspect it’s to do with the sheer versatility of JJ and, to a lesser extent, Ricardo. They offer much more potentially than their starting positions, so having players that can come on as LB & RB is  useful. 
Amartey covers both CBs; Fuchs provides the 3 at the back option.

• Like 1

I really really don't think Hamza is good enough to be starting against a team like this. Especially when Mendy has been so good this season. It seems bizarre we're starting him when we were happy for him to be leaving on Monday. 

Happy to be proved wrong but Rodgers does make some weird decisions sometimes.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ousefox said:

I really really don't think Hamza is good enough to be starting against a team like this. Especially when Mendy has been so good this season. It seems bizarre we're starting him when we were happy for him to be leaving on Monday. 

That wasn't the case - he wanted game time, BR didn;t want him to go.

Carragher is a cock.

Such a nobhead.

Didn't even acknowledge us. Atleast Roy Keane did.

Perhaps abit ahead of myself, we have 2 games between now and than but I really hope we beat the holier than thou Scouse cunts next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Carragher is a cock.

Such a nobhead.

Didn't even acknowledge us. Atleast Roy Keane did.

Perhaps abit ahead of myself, we have 2 games between now and than but I really hope we beat the holier than thou Scouse cunts next week.

Just Mute him mate, works for me

2 minutes ago, ousefox said:

I mean we were willing to let him go weren't we. Mendy is far superior and is somehow behind him.

Yes, I agree, Pappy is technically the superior player beyond all doubt, though not as physical and combative and less attack minded. I think that's why Brendan is looking to Hamza's strengths for this in order to boss the MF. 

7 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Happy to be proved wrong but Rodgers does make some weird decisions sometimes.

Thought Choudhury did well last game but Mendy has been carrying a bit of an injury so perhaps he's just protecting him a little?

I think Under and Albrighton might be a little bemused how Perez has got in in front of them despite his latest weak performance. Admittedly it was slightly better than the previous one but that's the highest accolade I could pay him. Albrighton offers far more defensively and Under offensively by far. Perez only worthy of a bench place in case of injury for all the influence he actually has. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

On the contrary, isn't this great man management? Brought him in vs Fulham, played well, won the game.

And don't fans often moan if you change a winning team?

For a manager who has won 36 of his 70 PL games, and we've not been out of the top five for 18 months, I think I'll back his judgement more often that not.

I understand that, but don't think he's ever going to be a long term solution and think Rodgers feels the same. Mendy, on the other hand, has been consistently reliable there. I actually don't think we played amazingly midweek either and he only lasted an hour.

Rodgers is doing a fantastic job. I just think he occasionally makes some strange team choices. As I said, I'll be delighted to be proved wrong!

3 minutes ago, Vazman said:

Just Mute him mate, works for me

It doesn't usually bother me. I don't mind us being ignored, let us go under the carpet, under the radar.

Think it's just my hatred for Carragher and holier than thou Scousers getting the better of me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

On the contrary, isn't this great man management? Brought him in vs Fulham, played well, won the game.

And don't fans often moan if you change a winning team?

For a manager who has won 36 of his 70 PL games, and we've not been out of the top five for 18 months, I think I'll back his judgement more often that not.

Agree, thought Choudhury did really well anyway but, when you consider how little first team experience he's getting its even more remarkable. 

• Like 1