Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

Wolves (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Thought Choudhury did well last game but Mendy has been carrying a bit of an injury so perhaps he's just protecting him a little?

I think Under and Albrighton might be a little bemused how Perez has got in in front of them despite his latest weak performance. Admittedly it was slightly better than the previous one but that's the highest accolade I could pay him. Albrighton offers far more defensively and Under offensively by far. Perez only worthy of a bench place in case of injury for all the influence he actually has. 

I agree BR persists with Perez, let's hope Perez justifies it with a good game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

It doesn't usually bother me. I don't mind us being ignored, let us go under the carpet, under the radar.

Think it's just my hatred for Carragher and holier than thou Scousers getting the better of me.

??? It's not the scousers I find to be the problem, rather the plastic fanbase. 

Mendy has also played more in the last year than he had in the previous few years combined. Might just not be up to playing 2 games a week and needs more of a rest. Plus Choudhury played well midweek so no complaints with his selection. 

13 minutes ago, ousefox said:

I really really don't think Hamza is good enough to be starting against a team like this. Especially when Mendy has been so good this season. It seems bizarre we're starting him when we were happy for him to be leaving on Monday. 

Happy to be proved wrong but Rodgers does make some weird decisions sometimes.

I said the same to my mate but he made a good point about what’s he been training like. I suppose you’ve got to have a situation where players who aren’t being picked are still motivated to train well knowing that they might get their chance through that. 

Just now, Vazman said:

I agree BR persists with Perez, let's hope Perez justifies it with a good game.

When Rodgers first brought Perez back a few weeks ago he showed some aggression and fight. I also think that he played quite neatly with Vardy. However, just in my opinion, he's subsequently reverted to type. 

I’m baffled as to why hamza deserves to start instead of Mendy. Granted he was always going to be 2nd fiddle when ndidi was fit but did more than enough at the start of the season to warrant the position when ndidis out. What did hamza do to get in ahead of him?

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

??? It's not the scousers I find to be the problem, rather the plastic fanbase. 

I use the term lightly, classing as a broad spectrum. Although 'proper' Scousers do seem very much so holier than thou, always the victim, e.t.c, this then impacts and follows on to the plastics.

Anyway I feel we're going off topic.

Onto today, selections as expected, let's go!

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, Clarkey123 said:

I’m baffled as to why hamza deserves to start instead of Mendy. Granted he was always going to be 2nd fiddle when ndidi was fit but did more than enough at the start of the season to warrant the position when ndidis out. What did hamza do to get in ahead of him?

Mendy was poor against Leeds and showed again how he only tends to look good when there are three centre backs covering him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Hamza is more combative, attack minded and offers more physicality than Pappy which is what Brendan deems this match needs in MF.