Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Full back options without JJ

3 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Great opportunity for young Thomas. Remember Justin only really got in the team at the beginning of the season because of injuries, but just look how he grabbed that opportunity.

Playing games consistently is the only way you'll truly grow as a player, so hopefully the same happens for Thomas. 

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Could be the making of Thomas.

Good positivity :appl:

Who would've thought JJ would've stepped up as well as he has?

Just hope if the youngsters make the odd mistake they're not ripped to shreds.

• Like 1

Thomas is a tidy player but he doesn't eat up ground or dominate games like JJ does. 

Fuchs and Thomas can definitely cover against weaker sides, but they're currently a big downgrade. We need Castange back ASAP, else I agree it could be season defining sadly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sdb said:

Thomas is a tidy player but he doesn't eat up ground or dominate games like JJ does. 

Fuchs and Thomas can definitely cover against weaker sides, but they're currently a big downgrade. We need Castange back ASAP, else I agree it could be season defining sadly.

No point in bemoaning what they can't do compared to Justin, he's injured and we can't clone him. Just have to look at the best option out of what available.

• Like 2

I think we have a problem now because until Castagna comes back we have no real pace on the left side. Teams will attack that side too with thomas and with all due respect to him we are now into the final part of the business end of the season. It wouldn't surprise me if BR goes with 3 CB's as this would also help with our weak RW position with the midfield higher up the pitch.

22 minutes ago, sdb said:

Just a reminder that JJ didn't initially dominate games either. Let's see what Thomas can do with some playing time. We can but hope.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think I'd run him close in a 50m dash and I think I've gained as much weight as he weighs over the last year. Admitedly I'd need oxygen and defibrilator after, but it'd be a hell of a race.

No need to be disrespectful, although the oxygen and defibrilator bit did make me laugh. :rolleyes:

I think he has no acceleration because of his knees, but he looked very fit (earlier in the season), until he started playing twice a week. 

On 12/02/2021 at 19:10, Chocolate Teapot said:

A year ago Ricardo got injured and we felt like Justin wouldn't be ready to stand up. A year later he's virtually the first name on the team sheet. I wonder where VDC and Thomas will be in a year's time. Those two might save us 50m. No pressure lads 🤣

And that is why it could happen

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but didn’t realise JJ was out for 9 months !!! ...   that takes us well into next season ffs !!  ...   :(

87B8C2FA-AC0E-4009-838A-171EF51CBDED.jpeg

Yeah that’s a standard full rupture just like Ricardo or VVD. You don’t really come back much sooner than that really because the graft takes so long to heal regardless of how athletic you are.

• Sad 1