Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Full back options without JJ

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Could really do with not playing Liverpool next lol 

A game against a mid-table team he may put Thomas in at left back in a 4 but really think he'll bring Amartey or Fuchs in a back 3 tomorrow, with Thomas at wing-back. 

....I think that is Thomas's greatest strength, going forward, supporting the attackers and his crossing ability is spot on. I really hope he does not begin to float balls into the box, his whipped crosses are what the other players in the team should be striving to emulate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....no,no and thrice no!!!

One good game and we pitch him in against Liverpool, a game such as this with our previous results against them, could destroy him. If it does not happen on the pitch he will be lambasted via social platforms.

He plays on the right hand side, we are asking too much for him to cope playing in a position he will not have played before and if he had experience of doing so, look what team he would be up against.

No need to play him in the Liverpool match. I'm thinking more of the thread title. One to come off the bench as an option. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Unfortunately JJ isnthe best defender. I've been harping on for weeks now he's one if the best one on kne defenders in the league. 

Wolves last week, poor Ricardo ripped a new one whilst JJ got a narrow points victory over just about the toughest winger in the league 

JJ has been incredible this season delivering Goals also.

Both he and Ricardo got a roasting form the the Wolves Wingers  but credit to them they never gave up.

I'm just wondering all the twisting and turning JJ got against Traore. Has it played a part in this injury. ?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Definitely:

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Thomas 

Alternatively, 

Castagne when back fit

VDC as an option (has Ricardo played LB before?) 

Fuchs 

Albrighton if really necessary 

He played a full season there for Nice I believe under Puel, and was very good by all accounts.

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Unfortunately JJ isnthe best defender. I've been harping on for weeks now he's one if the best one on kne defenders in the league. 

Wolves last week, poor Ricardo ripped a new one whilst JJ got a narrow points victory over just about the toughest winger in the league 

Tbf ricardo had only just got his second league start after coming back from his own ACL injury, at his best im sure he wouldve handled neto much better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Fuchs is fit and raring to go, he won't let us down. There's life in the old dog yet :thumbup:

He's still got a lot to offer and a part to play in some matches but, he's a poor centre half and his lack of pace against opposition like Liverpool would leave us vulnerable. I see 5 at the back as a poor option too as they'll merely outnumber and constantly over-run us in midfield like last time. 

Basically Brendan has to decide whether he trusts Thomas to perform or not. 

If he does, he’ll play as first-choice LB until Castagne returns, then become backup to him.

If not, we’ll end up with a back 5 and playing people out of position and all the grief that comes with it.

Personally I hope we have the courage to just trust Thomas. Or at least, let’s give him a chance at least. 

As others have pointed out, JJ only became the player he has because Ricardo's injury meant Rodgers had to give him a run in the team. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Fuchs is fit and raring to go, he won't let us down. There's life in the old dog yet :thumbup:

I think I'd run him close in a 50m dash and I think I've gained as much weight as he weighs over the last year. Admitedly I'd need oxygen and defibrilator after, but it'd be a hell of a race.

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

If Fuchs it was Fuchs of a couple of years back I'd be happy to see him drafted in, but now he's very much a last resort to fill in gaps as either left centre back or left back. Much the same as Morgan. If it came to it and he to play, fine, but he should be called in when others options are available. I'd much rather look to youth and see Thomas and Daley-Campbell gain valuable experience. They'll hopefully learn from mistakes and improve, like Justin has. Fuchs isn't going to improve at his age.