Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Bit harsh to highlight the tools among the Liverpool fanbase, but still fun. :D 

Though this place when we get shithoused by Burnley or run into a Hodgson masterclass is pretty much the same. There are tools in every fanbase.

Here in Denmark, the Liverpool fans i know are among the most sound guys. Probably because they are the older generation getting attached in the 80s and have since then suffered while Man Utd has dominated. I find the Man Utd fanbase far more insufferable and arrogant because of their former dominance. 

That said Klopp is still a tool, who create fantastic football teams and handles himself extremely poorly when things goes wrong. 

Edited by Jonezy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Though this place when we get shithoused by Burnley or run into a Hodgson masterclass is pretty much the same. There are tools in every fanbase.

Here in Denmark, the Liverpool fans i know are among the most sound guys. Probably because they are the older generation getting attached in the 80s and have since then suffered while Man Utd has dominated. I find the Man Utd fanbase far more insufferable and arrogant because of their former dominance. 

That said Klopp is still a disabled, who create fantastic football teams and handles himself extremely poorly when things goes wrong. 

Klopp is ok in my book but at the moment you are correct and I am wrong. He is learning and I think deep down is a good guy. Everything else I agree especially about the older L'pool fans.

Edited by Alan Frost

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Not just spitting scousers either. Listening to the phone ins many have southern accents. 

When we play Liverpool away I usually catch the train at Stafford, this starts in London. It is full of so called Liverpool fans, why don't they stay down the smoke & support Barnet or someone local who need the money. I would say they are now even worse than Manure for tourists. They all make me sick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Klopp is ok in my book but at the moment you are correct and I am wrong. He is learning and I think deep down is a good guy. Everything else I agree especially about the older L'pool fans.

Dang. You managed to quote me before the edit. I called Klopp a m-o-n-g, but it changed into disabled, which was not my intent. Just think he goes full weird mode, when things go wrong. I have massive respect for the Liverpool team he has created. The intensity and tempo they play with when on song is something else.

41 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

That said Klopp is still a tool, who create fantastic football teams and handles himself extremely poorly when things goes wrong. 

Our fanbase never fails to make me chuckle. Always first to kick off at ‘entitled’ opposition fans/players and their behaviour - when in reality this place reads exactly the same when we lose. And our players do exactly the same as other teams players. 

• Like 4

From that Liverpool forum, the second part basically sums up Liverpool fans (and let's be honest, fans in general):

I agree but then again I don't think it's unreasonable to expect at least a modicum of decent objective insight from mainstream TV's only regular long term footy source. As I say the Rugby union coverage manages to provide it consistently. Absolutely superb. Then again Sky isn't any better than MOTD with Carragher and Neville's shite not to mention Keane and of late Souey.

In contrast to Shearer's shite, I have to be fair on this occasion to the pre-match talk of Rio Ferdinand and Robbie Savage, they really did a decent job on BT Sport of portraying the impact on the team of the injury blight going so far as to say they felt no other team could have done as well as we've done to withstand the impact of the injuries we have had. Contrast with Jenas who actually emphasised how brilliantly leicester had done to cope with their injuries. In the case of Rio and Savage credit where it's due I guess.  :)

Impressed with the pundits who talked about their injuries and how great their team are, but upset that a different pundit would have the cheek to know anything about the other team and mention the problems they've had to face.  The fact op seems to believe Jenas mentioning our injury crisis is beyond the pail in comparison to Liverpool's troubles just serves to highlight:

a) how well Brendan & co have done to mitigate the damage caused by our own injury dilemmas

b) how little it's been crowed about outside of the club/how much Liverpool's experience is

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Enjoy.

HAHAHAHAHA the Maddison goal lollollol. It builds up so well.

The anger.

The VAR love.

The cockiness.

The reaction to VAR apparently finally going for them (?!).

The decision they think is complete.

'Onside?!?!?!'

That is gold. Great find.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Firminho asked Wilf to swap shirts and Mane just gives his to Amartey lol

Ndidi was outstanding against Liverpool! 

I think yesterday was the game other clubs will realise just how good he is. I think BT said we have lost 6 games and he didn't play in 5 of them. We seem to sell one player a year, and have done amazing with Maguire and Chilwell replacements. He is the best DM in the league, in my opinion. 

53 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

From that Liverpool forum, the second part basically sums up Liverpool fans (and let's be honest, fans in general):

Impressed with the pundits who talked about their injuries and how great their team are, but upset that a different pundit would have the cheek to know anything about the other team and mention the problems they've had to face.  The fact op seems to believe Jenas mentioning our injury crisis is beyond the pail in comparison to Liverpool's troubles just serves to highlight:

a) how well Brendan & co have done to mitigate the damage caused by our own injury dilemmas

b) how little it's been crowed about outside of the club/how much Liverpool's experience is

They just thought they'd stroll to the title again and it hasn't turned out that way. Their domination lasted for one season and they can't accept it.

Now they are lashing out at people speaking sense.

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

They just thought they'd stroll to the title again and it hasn't turned out that way. Their domination lasted for one season and they can't accept it.

Now they are lashing out at people speaking sense.

Roy Keane made a good point the other week (or maybe last week) about how they're 'bad champions'.

Primarily for the point that he heard none of the players talk about wanting to win the title again, or wanting to dominate for years and turn their success in to some kind of era and period of domination. They all seem happy just to have one won title and let that be their history. That seems to have affected their mentality and when you look at how they've collapsed against us and Man City, lost against Burnley and Brighton at home after that was such a fortress for them for a good few seasons, it's quite telling.

8 hours ago, davieG said:

Mane's tackle on Amarty causing a bit a furore!

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/14/if-thats-richalison-some-arsenal-everton-think-klopp-player-shouldve-been-sent-off/

Apologies if already discussed but  thread too long to check.

Glad other people have flagged this, I thought it was a very dangerous and unnecessary challenge. It wasn't a 50/50 challenge that Mane got wrong, it was clearly Amartey's ball and Mane had virtually no chance of getting the ball. 90/10 in Amartey's favour IMO. He lunged in for a ball he had virtually no chance of winning and could have injured Big Dan. That's a red.

5 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

One of those that looks 10x worse slowed down/frozen. Would’ve been a ridiculously harsh red. Our players didn’t even appeal for a foul which speaks volumes.

It looked pretty bad full speed, the fact it was such an unnecessary challenge is what makes it a red for me. Studs into someone's ankle is always dangerous, doubly so when you are lunging in at full speed on a static person with virtually no chance of winning the ball. He got away with it because the intention was to try and score, but like when he booted Ederson in the face intention doesn't matter when you endanger the safety of another player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Glad other people have flagged this, I thought it was a very dangerous and unnecessary challenge. It wasn't a 50/50 challenge that Mane got wrong, it was clearly Amartey's ball and Mane had virtually no chance of getting the ball. 90/10 in Amartey's favour IMO. He lunged in for a ball he had virtually no chance of winning and could have injured Big Dan. That's a red.

It looked pretty bad full speed, the fact it was such an unnecessary challenge is what makes it a red for me. Studs into someone's ankle is always dangerous, doubly so when you are lunging in at full speed on a static person with virtually no chance of winning the ball. He got away with it because the intention was to try and score, but like when he booted Ederson in the face intention doesn't matter when you endanger the safety of another player.

Game of opinions, never a red for me. Can you imagine this place if Vardy got sent off for that 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Game of opinions, never a red for me. Can you imagine this place if Vardy got sent off for that 

You are right of course, it is a game of opinions, and we would plead passion and how he was entitled to go for it, I am sure.

However, shown the evidence I am sure we could begrudgingly understand the dismissal.

• Like 1