Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

17 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Klopp's a cvnt. He was a Dortmund cvnt and now he's a Liverpool cvnt. Perfect clubs for him.

This could be the name of his auto-biography.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We also missed 3 very easy chances all from Vardy. I don't think we played particularly well but neither did Liverpool. We defended well.

The difference was they had us pegged back in our own half for large parts of the 70 odd minutes and reduced our passing to wayward and aimless too often. If you have any doubts then perhaps read the match thread back and see what was being said.  A wonderful result a fantastic final 15 but we got some breaks. 

Mane's tackle on Amarty causing a bit a furore!

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/14/if-thats-richalison-some-arsenal-everton-think-klopp-player-shouldve-been-sent-off/

Apologies if already discussed but  thread too long to check.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

The difference was they had us pegged back in our own half for large parts of the 70 odd minutes and reduced our passing to wayward and aimless too often. If you have any doubts then perhaps read the match thread back and see what was being said.  A wonderful result a fantastic final 15 but we got some breaks. 

We did concede possession and were not at our best but the xG of both teams was very similar. They didn’t really have too many clear cut chances. Yes we rode our luck but we were good value for the win. Moreover, I wouldn’t tend to use match threads as reliable, peer reviewed evidence. I’ve seen folk spazzing out and calling us shite when we’ve been 3-0 up. X 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hammo said:

We’ve beaten Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and now Liverpool this season.

Just Man United to complete the set.

if it doesn’t happen in the league, then I’m sure we’d happily settle for knocking them out of the FA Cup. And, who knows, maybe the Europa League too.

Bring it on.

Someone needs to mock Brendan up as Thanos if we beat Man U 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/02/14/if-thats-richalison-some-arsenal-everton-think-klopp-player-shouldve-been-sent-off/

The more you see it the worse it looks. I've seen red cards given but he would have been a bit unlucky though he is close to being out of control with his studs up. Had Amartey rolled around on the gound screaming in agony as a Liverpool or Man utd player would have then the outcome may have been different.

• Like 1

I'm still buzzing off of that result.

Reading that we were dominated, I disagree with that, they had the ball alot so dominated possession but our set up didn't let them do anything with it. BR got it spot on (again), I have questioned some of his tactics and decisions in the past but wow, yesterday he got everything right. 

We just now need to follow it up in the next game as JM says. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, reynard said:

The more you see it the worse it looks. I've seen red cards given but he would have been a bit unlucky though he is close to being out of control with his studs up. Had Amartey rolled around on the gound screaming in agony as a Liverpool or Man utd player would have then the outcome may have been different.

We haven't quite learnt the dark arts. Big Dan just got up without fuss, very honest player. Players from some other teams would've been in the refs face and the commentators would've picked it up for discussion. All part of the drip drip to keep some clubs in the spotlight. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

I don't disagree but for all Liverpool's pressure, they created very little. Reminded me of some of the games we think we play well in but barely create a single decent goalscoring chance. 

We have a game plan this season vs the supposed big 6 that previously we could never execute. This season we have won 5, drew 1 and lost 1 vs them and its not all down to good fortune.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, browniefox said:

I'm still buzzing off of that result.

Reading that we were dominated, I disagree with that, they had the ball alot so dominated possession but our set up didn't let them do anything with it. BR got it spot on (again), I have questioned some of his tactics and decisions in the past but wow, yesterday he got everything right. 

We just now need to follow it up in the next game as JM says. 

A lot of their possession was the result of some piss poor passing by half of our team and getting caught in possession. We improved that in the 2nd half and started to have more influence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

A lot of their possession was the result of some piss poor passing by half of our team and getting caught in possession. We improved that in the 2nd half and started to have more influence.

Yeah I get that, but what did they do with the ball? 

I don't remember Kasper having to do alot (other than the wonder save). 

44 minutes ago, davieG said:

He's trying to get to the ball first to knock it in- it's not a premeditated thing but going in with that force is reckless.

Amartey did him a favour by making nothing of it.

51 minutes ago, davieG said:

I just can't bring myself to read anything posted on "HITC". Such drivel. 

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's trying to get to the ball first to knock it in- it's not a premeditated thing but going in with that force is reckless.

Amartey did him a favour by making nothing of it.

Anyone notice Mane second half, when Tielemans went in to tackle him and brushed him at most. The he fell to the floor clutching the other leg entirely and started rolling around. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

CSI Scouse

If the ball landed in the line they drew for Amartey’s arm, then it would be handball. You can’t score with that part of the arm, so to measure for offside to you to move the line back a bit.

Onside.

They measure it from the sleeve. His sleeve is behind the defender's foot. 

It's onside, it's a goal, they are clutching at piles of straws and would be setting up petitions had they had that goal disallowed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

Match of the day made us look far better than we were but you know what, they do that for the big teams every week and I love it. Up the boysssssssssss

I was hoping for more coverage of the pitiful diving (unpunished) in the first 30 minutes or so 

10 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Look I'm as happy as anyone that we won today but I know what I watched and can admit it when fortune is on our side. I don't want Rodgers and the players to think too much into that performance. If we play like that again it's very unlikely that we would pull off a win. That being said I feel with Vardy, Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans in the squad they all have the ability to create a moment or two of magic out of nothing and win games in which we play poor. That being said we can't accept playing like we did for the first 70 minutes too often.

A sharp Vardy has a hattrick in the 1st half, at least 2 of the chances should have been goals.

We played exactly the same way as we did against Man City, yet everyone calls that a great performance. The difference was that Liverpool play the high press, Man City didn't. Maddison, Teilemans and Barnes were starved of space as the game remained 0-0. 

It's the old cliché, but it's all about fine margins. Vardy scores 1 or 2 of those chances (the majority of the time he does) then the game completely changes. 

Wasn't pretty to watch by any standard, but it was our game plan, it worked and we won, comfortably in the end. Liverpool for all their possession didn't look as dangerous as they should have done, and putting the frustration aside we had more of the better chances to win the game than they did.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

We did concede possession and were not at our best but the xG of both teams was very similar. They didn’t really have too many clear cut chances. Yes we rode our luck but we were good value for the win. Moreover, I wouldn’t tend to use match threads as reliable, peer reviewed evidence. I’ve seen folk spazzing out and calling us shite when we’ve been 3-0 up. X 

Understatement of the millennium right there lol

• Haha 1