Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

I know he is going through a lot of shit and is under a lot of pressure on/off the pitch, but I just re-watched MOTD and specifically his post-match interview. I don't know what he's trying to get at regarding the Maddison goal.

His comments:

'The first goal - for me it's offside' - incorrect.

'I know, in the end, refs are always right' - correct

'But the difference is, we think it's an objective thing, but it's not' - incorrect. It is objective. The lines are correct. The VAR worked correctly. I haven't heard him say it's not an objective thing when a decision goes his way?

'Somebody makes a decision when they start judging the situation, and I saw the situation, when Bobby's foot might have been slightly closer to the goal' - this is where I get confused. What does he mean? VAR's role is to review the incident. If Bobby's foot is closer to the goal, that eradicates his first comment of 'for me it's offside'.

'a millisecond later, three players are offside'. Well, a millisecond later is too late for when the incident needs to be reviewed. 

'but Mr Attwell deciding to take another point, another moment in the game' - no. He took the correct one. Just because he didn't take the moment you wanted him to, doesn't make it the incorrect one.

It's just typical manager talk tbh. Lots of excuses and deflecting. Wouldn't take anything he or any manager says post match seriously. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I know he is going through a lot of shit and is under a lot of pressure on/off the pitch, but I just re-watched MOTD and specifically his post-match interview. I don't know what he's trying to get at regarding the Maddison goal.

His comments:

'But the difference is, we think it's an objective thing, but it's not' - incorrect. It is objective. The lines are correct. The VAR worked correctly. I haven't heard him say it's not an objective thing when a decision goes his way?

'Somebody makes a decision when they start judging the situation, and I saw the situation, when Bobby's foot might have been slightly closer to the goal' - this is where I get confused. What does he mean? VAR's role is to review the incident. If Bobby's foot is closer to the goal, that eradicates his first comment of 'for me it's offside'.

'a millisecond later, three players are offside'. Well, a millisecond later is too late for when the incident needs to be reviewed. 

'but Mr Attwell deciding to take another point, another moment in the game' - no. He took the correct one. Just because he didn't take the moment you wanted him to, doesn't make it the incorrect one.

He also conveniently didn’t mention the fact the penalty decision was overturned 2 minutes earlier and in his favour... or so he thought 😆

Another thing... it’s interesting to watch the post match analysis on various channels. Liverpool remains the focus, and on ESPN Sports we’re still not classed as title contenders, although Man Utd are, despite us being second!!

Edited by car1os

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

His comments:

If he’s arguing that offsides cannot be judged correctly to the mm because the point that the frame is frozen isn’t clearly the moment the ball is played then he is correct - but then it has to be scrapped when it’s tight and all the beneficial calls he has had on offside are also incorrect .....

and if they scrap offside var calls when it’s so tight then the benefit of doubt should stay with the attacking side as the law is currently written 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

It's just typical manager talk tbh. Lots of excuses and deflecting. Wouldn't take anything he or any manager says post match seriously. 

People always want to have a go at Klopp for this kind of thing but all managers do it. 

Managers should just do the right thing and slate VAR full stop. Just say it's shit.

• Like 2

That was a very poor tackle on Dan lucky no damage.Ive just watched the Barnes penalty thing over and over and both defenders standing foot were on or behind the line of  the box  I dont know if VAR can run lines that way up and down the pitch but amazed it wasnt left as the refs decision.We rode our luck but made errors when in great positions to score.I would just like to see Vardy get a couple of trademark goals to set the scene for remainder of season

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he’s arguing that offsides cannot be judged correctly to the mm because the point that the frame is frozen isn’t clearly the moment the ball is played then he is correct - but then it has to be scrapped when it’s tight and all the beneficial calls he has had on offside are also incorrect .....

and if they scrap offside var calls when it’s so tight then the benefit of doubt should stay with the attacking side as the law is currently written 

Exactly. No manager in the world, let alone just the PL where VAR is contentious anyway, can have it both ways. Can't criticise VAR like he has done yesterday and then stay silent when the tight calls have gone their way too.

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

Yeah I get that, but what did they do with the ball? 

I don't remember Kasper having to do alot (other than the wonder save). 

Yes I know I was just pointing out that we contributed to their possession  rate by sloppy passing otherwise we'd have had a lot more.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Watching the chance where Mane slid in, he catches Dan on the ankle studs up, I can see no reason that was not a red.

I think we all know that it would've been a red the other way round. Klopp would have done his nut and VAR would've suggested the ref looks at the monitor. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

The penalty was actually a farce. Refs given it and no way on this Earth could VAR show conclusively that it was an error. Yet they ruled it outside. Not what VAR was brought into do. 

It was clearly outside. It was one of the things VAR was brought in to correct :dunno:?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Watching the chance where Mane slid in, he catches Dan on the ankle studs up, I can see no reason that was not a red.

Yet it never gets mentioned by Liverpool fans - strange. :dunno:

F1EDF1AD-2359-4085-81D6-9EBCCFEA4D51.jpeg.649ccf3471c5f0c85501be1d71eecb48.jpeg

One of those that looks 10x worse slowed down/frozen. Would’ve been a ridiculously harsh red. Our players didn’t even appeal for a foul which speaks volumes.

• Like 3

Right, just watched the game again, Harvey was fouled on the line. That was a pen. ****ing VAR denied us a pen - bastards. 

Two can play at this game, Liverpool. 

Just because they “fluked” a title win last year because Man City had a off season. They all of a sudden thing they’re far superior. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

One of those that looks 10x worse slowed down/frozen. Would’ve been a ridiculously harsh red. Our players didn’t even appeal for a foul which speaks volumes.

It would have been harsh based on the fact Dan was not injured, it would have been a scandal had he been. Fine lines.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

It would have been harsh based on the fact Dan was not injured, it would have been a scandal had he been. Fine lines.

The point is that most players at big clubs would have been writhing around after that ......you could understand Dan having a right go given what he’s been through with his ankle 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I genuinely never had a problem with Liverpool before that. Never 'hated' them, never had a reason to dislike them, even with the two ridiculous penalties given against us at Anfield in 2015. I remember having a disagreement on here with someone because I wanted them to beat Spurs in the CL final, purely because Spurs not winning trophies is genuinely joyful. 

But then Mane dived, and everyone saw it. It was so obvious it was visible from ****ing SPACE. The whole world knew he dived. And you know Klopp knew, because the only thing he wanted to talk about afterwards was Hamza's tackle on Salah, which wasn't even the worst tackle in the game (TAA should have had a red for a stamp on Tielemans). Hamza then got racist death threats from all over the world - people even threatened his son. Obviously that's a minority of people, but Klopp amplified it. 

So **** Liverpool and Klopp. They're officially on my cvnts list. And as I said last night, never, EVER let them forget that we won the Premier League before them. Ever. 

You're lucky. I've been carrying the 'problem' since 1974 at Villa Park (involving snot and a City scarf). 

• Like 1