Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Liverpool fans have forever been the same. Every game they lose they react like this, before winning the league last season they will tell you they’ve spend 20 odd years being cheated out of it by referee’s. Nothing sweeter than seeing Liverpool fans cry and moan. And a huge difference between Brendan and Klopp, Klopp stands there moaning about very thing, as he has ever since it became clear they were not going to win the title again. 

Brendan has not once moaned about injuries, decisions etc, just gets on with it. Klopp is not doing himself any favours regardless of the week he’s had, he has been bitter this season for some reason, winging about issues that every team is having. 

Agree absolutely. Brendan just gets on with it. A lot of managers would do well to take a leaf out of his book.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoyJones said:

One of the reasons I never read the match thread as the constant bitching is unbelievable. Every mistake gets pounced on, no doubt when Perez came on he got slated. Many of our fans just love to criticise the team; think it was Bill Shankly who said something along the lines “if you can’t support us when we are losing, don’t support us when we winning”

Yeah I don't read that shit 90% of the time. It's just hate filled garbage. I occasionally will go on at half time or if I wonder what other people are thinking of the match if I'm watching alone. I just prefer to actually watch the match properly and not post about it during it. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Anyone noticed their Leicester based Liverpool 'reds' have gone quiet? Haven't heard anything from any of them 😂

Man, I hate them the most . Growing up a Leicester fan in the 80s was a nightmare and the rats still appear on my Facebook  with YNWA , Red men etc . Still can't get over the fact that pre Covid they had Coaches going to Anfield from Leicester every home game . 

22 hours ago, SO1 said:

Thought the officiating today was top notch. Was thinking that even if we had not won. Was amazed at how he was letting the game flow and seemed hardly there.. Probably the best piece of officiating all season for me.

...thought he missed a lot of stuff!!!

All very well allowing advantage but there was a few Liverpool bookings which did not take place.

• Like 1

Just for once it would be nice to see a manager say something like “I thought it looked offside but it was checked and they said not so it wasn’t. That’s the rules and we have to accept the decision and get on with.  When it’s close, Sometimes it goes your way sometimes not”. The pen was given then changed to a free kick so that went his way.

But he tried to make out it wasn’t a foul either.

i thought madders got it right in his interview when he said something along the lines “we had a pen then we didn’t, we scored then we hadn’t then we had. Even the ref was confused being told different things in his ear.” 

Klopp has been going down in my esteem for a while now with his moaning. Regardless of where Firmino’s toe was, big Dan never touched the ball and was not in the keepers line of sight. Barnes was brought down by two players. Really cannot complain.

19 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Just for once it would be nice to see a manager say something like “I thought it looked offside but it was checked and they said not so it wasn’t. That’s the rules and we have to accept the decision and get on with.  When it’s close, Sometimes it goes your way sometimes not”. The pen was given then changed to a free kick so that went his way.

But he tried to make out it wasn’t a foul either.

i thought madders got it right in his interview when he said something along the lines “we had a pen then we didn’t, we scored then we hadn’t then we had. Even the ref was confused being told different things in his ear.” 

Klopp has been going down in my esteem for a while now with his moaning. Regardless of where Firmino’s toe was, big Dan never touched the ball and was not in the keepers line of sight. Barnes was brought down by two players. Really cannot complain.

I agree with everything you said until the bit about DA - if he isn’t attempting to play the ball then the keeper simply collects the shot .....