Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

No idea why Liverpool fans have a reputation for being whingers although his bio was an entertaining read 

OfflineTepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Believer
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
  •  
Might be an idea to switch to 4231 and a bit more cover for the defence.

But we’ve also had terrible luck, the most bizarre narrow decisions .... horrific injuries l..the works.
Edited by Mike Oxlong

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I honestly think it's really harsh to say we were "shit" for 70 minutes today. Difficult to watch, yes, but not 'shit'. Liverpool are a formidable side - their 3 attackers on the pitch today have run us ragged for the last 2-3 years. But we held them at bay for 67 minutes. We might have got lucky early on, especially the 2 or 3 times Mane got the better of Amartey. Kasper had it covered when they hit the bar and pulled off a ridiculous point blank save (even though it was offside). We hit the bar too, and got in behind them a few times, though it mostly came to nothing.

But we weren't 'shit'. We were working. Really ****ing hard. Wilf had 19 ball retentions! And even though we went behind, we kept our heads up and took every chance that came to us. Only Allison's double save stopped it from being 4!

I agree. I thought it was pathetic some were saying it was the worst half they'd seen hs play. It was a bloody grind but we were set up and prepared for it well! 

7 hours ago, Mehrez said:

God I hope these lot never change 🤣😂

9D4B5819-0374-4C8A-A5E8-FE4A7BC2CAE6.jpeg

CSI Scouse

If the ball landed in the line they drew for Amartey’s arm, then it would be handball. You can’t score with that part of the arm, so to measure for offside to you to move the line back a bit.

Onside.

• Like 1

This is a quote from the match report in The Times:

“This was the whole contraption going into reverse and falling to bits. The players lost their senses while Klopp raved at tormentors, which included the officials, someone in the stand and his suddenly hapless team. He railed like a madman standing at the shore, arguing with the sea. The last 12 minutes, when Liverpool went from 1-0 up and in control to 3-1 down and lucky it was not worse, represented the final wreckage of their title defence.”

What did he say about someone in the stand?!

Edited by ClaphamFox

15 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Would be shocking if Barnes isn’t considered for england... he has come on leaps and bounds, very positive player, always looking to make things happen. Now he has the finishing touch, scoring 

On the other hand, Southgate is the England manager.

9 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I thought the MOTD summary was a bit OTT.  

If you listened to Shearer you would've thought we had it all under control, and it was a tactical masterclass.

For 70 minutes, we could barely get a foot on the ball.    Liverpool swarmed all over us.   I was hiding behind the settee for most of the 1st half.   It was scary.

We hung in well, especially after going a goal down ... and took our chances when they arrived.    We had a bit of luck, but with our injuries this season - we deserved a bit.   It was a great win, but I'd hardly call it a magnificent performance.

(And do you think MOTD might've shown Schmiechel superb one-handed save?   ok it was offside.  So what?)

You are right, we couldn't string to passes together until we went a goal down it the first half it looked like we was conserving energy for the second half.

after there goal we was a different team which is good to see and then destroyed them for 20 minutes

When they play like that there unstoppable. overall it was a great win in the end.

16 hours ago, Hammo said:

We’ve beaten Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and now Liverpool this season.

Just Man United to complete the set.

if it doesn’t happen in the league, then I’m sure we’d happily settle for knocking them out of the FA Cup. And, who knows, maybe the Europa League too.

Bring it on.

Absolutely nuts, we didn't even manage that when we won the league!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cecchini1976 said:

You do know firminho’s chance was way offside, so doesn’t class as a chance? Liverpool lucked fresh, but we had a plan and it worked

We had the same plan at Anfield and got walloped. Yesterdays game we got lucky and exploited their errors. As I say, embrace the result but dont mask it as some masterminded walk in the park. Our first goal was the turning point and was knife edge to being allowed or not, hence the long delay.  Without that highly unlikely the game changes. The second was a huge error on their part. The last was a wonderful finish and job done.

9 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

We had the same plan at Anfield and got walloped. Yesterdays game we got lucky and exploited their errors. As I say, embrace the result but dont mask it as some masterminded walk in the park. Our first goal was the turning point and was knife edge to being allowed or not, hence the long delay.  Without that highly unlikely the game changes. The second was a huge error on their part. The last was a wonderful finish and job done.

We also missed 3 very easy chances all from Vardy. I don't think we played particularly well but neither did Liverpool. We defended well.

Jeez reading the Liverpool forum is a joke! Everyone of them saying they were "the better team" , "VAR screwed them over" , "referee was a joke", "unluckiest team ever", "conspiracy" oh and my favourite "Barnes dived all game and so did most Leicester players" hahaha the irony in that last one. They're a bunch of delusional, self centred, self entitled fans. Oh man they've become Manure fans! 

10 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Wow. The MOTD editor must be a closet fox. We looked awesome through a 5 mins lens!!

We were always going to. It was a strange game Liverpool absolutely dominated and we struggled to get out of our own half yet we defended very and restricted them to very few clear cut chances whilst up the other end we had quite a few good chances.