Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Liverpool - Post Match Thread

34 minutes ago, turlo said:

This is hilarious, although amongst the 100's of comments crying foul play I did see one none deluded scouser saying when the margins are so fine the goal should be awarded, which is a view I share. 

sleeve.png

These people could do themselves a huge favour by actually familiarising themselves with the rules and guidance. The rule being that the shoulder isn’t handball and that this is in line with the bottom of the armpit, such that the line looks like a T-shirt sleeve line, not the that line of the actual T-shirt sleeve is where you judge handball from, cos that would be insane.

Tbf Klopp is right in that there is still some interpretation, in this case both in terms of the frame taken and where the line is actually drawn from on the arm. It’s a marginal call that could have gone either way but given that most people, when not blinded by their own bias, seem to favour advantage being given to the attacker it seems a fair decision even with the potential deviation from pure fact.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There must be a term for oblivious to one’s own failings, yet disgusted by the same failings in others...

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=346990.1040

:o

Tbf they were the better side. We didn't offer much for most of the game. I feel they played better yesterday than they did in previous games. 

Edited by Koke

34 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Watching the chance where Mane slid in, he catches Dan on the ankle studs up, I can see no reason that was not a red.

Yet it never gets mentioned by Liverpool fans - strange. :dunno:

F1EDF1AD-2359-4085-81D6-9EBCCFEA4D51.jpeg.649ccf3471c5f0c85501be1d71eecb48.jpeg

Wasn’t there someone defending this tackle earlier on in the thread? Crazyness

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Don’t rise to it.

The same thing happens every time we beat one of the big six. It’s ALWAYS the referee’s fault. 

Yep, normally the sign we are being considered a threat. Rather than a Pat on the head. 

The whataboutery of their complaints is hilarious. At the moment of ‘controversy’, the game is still 1-1 with 15 minutes to play. A game largely possession dominated by Liverpool where their failure to create clear cut chances hurt them. 

5 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It wasn’t clear in my opinion and the Ref marks where the ball was placed for the free kick with the ball touching the line 

Isn't VAR meant to prevent clear and obvious errors? Nothing clear or obvious about it so should've remained refs call. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Wasn’t there someone defending this tackle earlier on in the thread? Crazyness

Probably me. 

I can't see how anyone calls that a foul. Make gets the ball and Big Dan kicks in front of him. It's a 50/50, as I said before if that's Vardy and he gets a red, I'd (and I'm sure you would) be raging. 

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There must be a term for oblivious to one’s own failings, yet disgusted by the same failings in others...

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=346990.1040

:o

They’re a bitter lot haha. The he irony about the not getting decisions and other teams falling over ... I’m not sure this lot actually watch Liverpool play. That last salah penalty was the most ridiculous in memory. 

Just now, browniefox said:

Probably me. 

I can't see how anyone calls that a foul. Make gets the ball and Big Dan kicks in front of him. It's a 50/50, as I said before if that's Vardy and he gets a red, I'd (and I'm sure you would) be raging. 

Not from that still, looks like he goes through Dan. Oh well it’s irrelevant now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I thought the MOTD summary was a bit OTT.  

If you listened to Shearer you would've thought we had it all under control, and it was a tactical masterclass.

For 70 minutes, we could barely get a foot on the ball.    Liverpool swarmed all over us.   I was hiding behind the settee for most of the 1st half.   It was scary.

We hung in well, especially after going a goal down ... and took our chances when they arrived.    We had a bit of luck, but with our injuries this season - we deserved a bit.   It was a great win, but I'd hardly call it a magnificent performance.

(And do you think MOTD might've shown Schmiechel superb one-handed save?   ok it was offside.  So what?)

But maybe it was a tactical masterclass? 

Its about the third game this season we've sat extremely deep putting almost nothing together until later in the half when the oppositions pushed really high. 

We did the same to man city and arsenal. Sat really deep and created late chances in the half when they pushed stupidly high and we could play in behind. It's no coincidence that we created chances late in both halfs yesterday. Getting 1-1 just before half time at man city was amazing because they came out all guns blazing leaving acres for us from the off. 

Arsenal having dominated the game, went all out for the winner again leaving loads of room for us to run into. It's the gameplan. 

Klopp's comments are the least surprising quotes I've ever seen. He's the most ungracious bastard in defeat. Every time he's bleating on about injuries, congested fixture schedules, referee decision and the style of play utilised by the opposition. Every time. The bloke is a grade A* cock. 

He's not alone though, we've beaten all of the Rich 6 this season bar Man Utd and, with the exception of Lampard who frankly (pun intended) didn't have a leg to stand and knew he was a dead man walking, they have all moaned and whined post match:

Guardiola - we didn't play the open, attacking football he wanted, and had the audacity to play slightly more defensively and to our counter attacking strengths against a side who are bankrolled by an oil-rich country and can easily exploit the space we might have left behind.

Arteta - the most pathetic. A shit version of Guardiola as a coach, and a shit version of Guardiola's grumbles. Vardy in a 1-0 shithouse win was up there with the most sweet moments of the season. Arsenal have been absolutely nowhere all season vs expectations.

Mourinho - a justified penalty for us. Need we say more. 

They're all the same, and it's boring. I hope we continue to stick two fingers up to them, follow our approach of sustainable growth, and focus on our game. Because it's working. BR has kept his nose relatively clean from all the trash talk and we're consistently getting results against these sides. Long may it continue. 

• Like 4

Where is klopp's concern for the players now with Leicester playing on Wednesday followed by an early kick off on Saturday...

Quote from Klopp's rant on BT Sport last November after Liverpool played in the early kick off:

JK: "I’ve not had a go at the broadcaster, I just say how it is. After Wednesday, Saturday 12.30 is really dangerous for the players."

• Like 1

13 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I don't think it's a stretch to say we were very lucky to win. We were poor and dominated by Liverpool until the Maddison goal. All you'd have to do is look back at the match thread to get a good sense of how that match was going.

One of the reasons I never read the match thread as the constant bitching is unbelievable. Every mistake gets pounced on, no doubt when Perez came on he got slated. Many of our fans just love to criticise the team; think it was Bill Shankly who said something along the lines “if you can’t support us when we are losing, don’t support us when we winning”

• Like 3

Liverpool fans have forever been the same. Every game they lose they react like this, before winning the league last season they will tell you they’ve spend 20 odd years being cheated out of it by referee’s. Nothing sweeter than seeing Liverpool fans cry and moan. And a huge difference between Brendan and Klopp, Klopp stands there moaning about everything, as he has ever since it became clear they were not going to win the title again. 

Brendan has not once moaned about injuries, decisions etc, just gets on with it. Klopp is not doing himself any favours regardless of the week he’s had, he has been bitter this season for some reason, winging about issues that every team is having. 

Edited by Pliskin