Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Watched Porto play this morning , we need another attacking midfielder and Sergio Oliveria was very good , I know he is 28 but he has it all , protects the ball very well has a good pass and a very high work rate , would be good for the next 4 years . 

I would imagine we'd be in the market for another keeper too. Brendan likes 3 experienced goalkeepers, and I'm not 100% sure, but I can't remember an occasion at any of his top tier clubs where he entrusted an inexperienced graduate into that 3. 

Personally, I'd like to see Daniel Iverson given a go, the reviews on him sound really good, but I can imagine there being a Ben Foster- esque signing if they don't give Jakupovic another season whilst Iverson gains experience

From the names touted around, I'd like to see Soumare, Otavio and Eduoard join for better options in the CDM, MF and CF areas.

That would just then leave us with the requirement for probably 2 wingers, so either Favre or Thauvin and then take a punt on Olise. I know he can be classed as a 'naughty word' on here, but I wouldn't shy away from a potential deal for Lingard, although I doubt that's realistic

Pretty confident we'll go after Tarkowski too - I love Amartey but if he plays, we have to go to a 3, which we can't master and lose our attacking threat.

Tavares, Sowah, KDH and possibly Nelson will all hopefully be involved too, so would give us a great depth in the squad.

I'd imagine there will be more out the door than incoming - Morgan and Fuchs (Legends for what they've done, but it's time to move on) Choudhury and maybe Mendy, Return Under to Roma, Ghezzal will go to Turkey, and potentially Amartey too 

• Like 1

...just watching Ovie Ejaria again and it would be great to have him at this club to develop!!!

His skillset is unreal, but needs to move the ball quicker and to involve his teammates more as it seems like a one man show. His stats are nothing to write home about 2 goals and 5 assists in 29 games this season but he creates the space for others and if he could trust the players around him and lend the ball more he would be so much more

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just watching Ovie Ejaria again and it would be great to have him at this club to develop!!!

His skillset is unreal, but needs to move the ball quicker and to involve his teammates more as it seems like a one man show. His stats are nothing to write home about 2 goals and 5 assists in 29 games this season but he creates the space for others and if he could trust the players around him and lend the ball more he would be so much more

He is a good player, exactly the type of skillset I'm hoping to see Tavares develop as he has that same style and ability. I think we'll still try and get Otavio.

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He was on loan up here at Rangers for 6 months and was rotten.

7 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Don’t know if I’ve mentioned before, what’s that Henry like at leuven? He’s got 20 so far this season hasn’t he?

Decent goal return in France, even more so with OHL... but no. Imagine he'll have clubs looking at him however he doesn't offer much more than being efficient in the box and that isn't enough if we have ambitions to kick on another level. 

Just now, Bamboo said:

Decent goal return in France, even more so with OHL... but no. Imagine he'll have clubs looking at him however he doesn't offer much more than being efficient in the box and that isn't enough if we have ambitions to kick on another level. 

From the snippets I've seen, I'd have to agree.... I reckon he'd make a 10-15 goals a season player in the championship, but not got enough about him to play in the EPL..... IMO

50 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He was on loan up here at Rangers for 6 months and was rotten.

.. looks like he has moved on!!!

Needs to play the ball quicker and look to spread the play more.

Nb.

Who do you want to take control of the managers' job.

I see O'Neil is on the list as well as Eddie Howe. 

What is the feeling up there. 

On 09/03/2021 at 15:22, Sankey93 said:

I think Thomas should be loaned out to a championship side for experience, he needs it ain’t good enough yet imo. With Praet coming back it makes me happy but I’d sell Perez if they got a half decent offer and get a replacement in.

In your opinion.

I and many others on this forum have been hugely impressed by just how capable he is. He's already proving himself at the top level of world club football - this is where he'll get all the experience he needs. He's better than Chilly - with two seasons less experience. As for "stinkers" - I haven't seen him have one bad game yet. I recall Chilly being mauled last season against Man City and Liverpool and no-one was talking about him being loaned out - instead he went to Chelsea for a king's ransom. Thomas has also 'developed' a rapport with Harvey Barnes - some of the interplay between the two has been breathtaking.

In my opinion.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. looks like he has moved on!!!

Needs to play the ball quicker and look to spread the play more.

Nb.

Who do you want to take control of the managers' job.

I see O'Neil is on the list as well as Eddie Howe. 

What is the feeling up there. 

I'd love Eddie Howe but I don't think he wants it. The strong rumour up here at the moment is that it's going to be Enzo Maresca. Would make sense given our informal association with Man City for some years now.

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd love Eddie Howe but I don't think he wants it. The strong rumour up here at the moment is that it's going to be Enzo Maresca. Would make sense given our informal association with Man City for some years now.

....what about Kennedy, rumoured to be odds on favourite!!!

Players seem keen but that is always a bad pointer to their suitability. Lennon said to be disappointed that he was not allowed to bring in his own staff and was a major factor not being backed by the owners.

While I am here, any further news on Karamoko, any pre- contracts signed, any pointers to him coming to the Midlands.

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I have always been impressed when I’ve watched him.

35 minutes ago, gerblod said:

In your opinion.

I and many others on this forum have been hugely impressed by just how capable he is. He's already proving himself at the top level of world club football - this is where he'll get all the experience he needs. He's better than Chilly - with two seasons less experience. As for "stinkers" - I haven't seen him have one bad game yet. I recall Chilly being mauled last season against Man City and Liverpool and no-one was talking about him being loaned out - instead he went to Chelsea for a king's ransom. Thomas has also 'developed' a rapport with Harvey Barnes - some of the interplay between the two has been breathtaking.

In my opinion.

pepe rinsed him for 45 mins a week ago ……….  i think fuchs would have got into pepe early on in that game.  Thomas doesn't have the physical attributes for that yet …...

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

pepe rinsed him for 45 mins a week ago ……….  i think fuchs would have got into pepe early on in that game.  Thomas doesn't have the physical attributes for that yet …...

I’m sure that’s been addressed and he will of learnt a lot from that! Pepe playing how he was would of done that to a lot more established left backs than Thomas

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

In your opinion.

In my opinion.

Thomas looks promising.  He has looked exposed at times.  Rodgers has protected him by taking him off at half-time in a couple of games.  If we have enough cover, a loan would probably benefit him as he is unlikely to be first choice next season. With more experience, he could be the season after that.

While no-one suggested Chilwell be loaned out, he was crucified by some on this forum.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what about Kennedy, rumoured to be odds on favourite!!!

Players seem keen but that is always a bad pointer to their suitability. Lennon said to be disappointed that he was not allowed to bring in his own staff and was a major factor not being backed by the owners.

While I am here, any further news on Karamoko, any pre- contracts signed, any pointers to him coming to the Midlands.

I would be majorly surprised if it was Kennedy, season ticket sales would fall off a cliff and this is the be all and end all for the board.

Lennon should never been given the job long term in the first place, he only was as he was a yes man and that's what they wanted after Rodgers who was a demanding manager. That said I can see the logic in not allowing Lennon to bring his own men in, last time it was a disaster as he just brought his drinking buddies in and it ended in tears with Thompson getting the bullet due to alcohol issues and Garry Parker not really doing anything other than keeping Lennon company in the pub. The latter didn't have a single coaching badge to speak of.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I would be majorly surprised if it was Kennedy, season ticket sales would fall off a cliff and this is the be all and end all for the board.

Lennon should never been given the job long term in the first place, he only was as he was a yes man and that's what they wanted after Rodgers who was a demanding manager. That said I can see the logic in not allowing Lennon to bring his own men in, last time it was a disaster as he just brought his drinking buddies in and it ended in tears with Thompson getting the bullet due to alcohol issues and Garry Parker not really doing anything other than keeping Lennon company in the pub. The latter didn't have a single coaching badge to speak of.

....so, Celtic messed up royally!!!

You have to attribute the clubs' downfall to the Board and the decisions that they took. The Garry Parker issue is hard to understand, why would you not do your badges if you wish to take up coaching.

• Like 1