Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

Pro: does backflips when he scores

Con: the Panenka conjures flashbacks of Kermogant's miss

Unsure. Some of those finishes were excellent. But that first goal, what was the keeper doing? lol

He loves the top corner. But yes, some very dodgy defending and keeping in some of those. 

40 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Michael Olise from Reading would be a good signing and one for the future, doubt he would cost more than £7m with his contract expiring next summer. 

He’a being touted for Bayern as well isn’t he? Decent prospect and someone Richards would know with moving there in the summer. 

53 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not just on here but I’ve seen the ‘McNeil is a good player’ rhetoric across social media. 

2 goals, 3 assists in 27 games for a winger. 

By comparison Sharky has 4 assists in about half of the time. 

....you need to look pass the stats...!!!

He is just right for us, he operates mostly on the left and with Barnes in the seat it would be a difficult ask to bring him into our team.

I feel he would make all the difference to us when we are on top at the start of games and we are struggling to convert and then can't find a way to open up teams. His nature on the ball would be an assured pass and composure,  where we tend at the moment to overplay, under hit and make poor decisions in that final third.

He is playing for Burnley, whose style of play does not give him the options we can, that is to play in a style which lends itself to his skillset. 

• Like 2

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....you need to look pass the stats...!!!

He is just right for us, he operates mostly on the left and with Barnes in the seat it would be a difficult ask to bring him into our team.

I feel he would make all the difference to us when we are on top at the start of games and we are struggling to convert and then can't find a way to open up teams. His nature on the ball would be an assured pass and composure,  where we tend at the moment to overplay, under hit and make poor decisions in that final third.

He is playing for Burnley, whose style of play does not give him the options we can, that is to play in a style which lends itself to his skillset. 

He'd do alright here but baring in mind he has played pretty much all his career on the left, we can't assume he could come and play on the right and be the level we'd require of him. I'd go nowhere near him at the price he'll cost.

Absolutely zero pace either, I've seen my Dad scurry off for a pony quicker.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd do alright here but baring in mind he has played pretty much all his career on the left, we can't assume he could come and play on the right and be the level we'd require of him. I'd go nowhere near him at the price he'll cost.

....the price would be the stumbling block!!!

He could operate as the left footed player on the right, pace is an asset and so is his intelligence on the ball. At this moment Barnes is developing on the left but will move centrally sometime down the line, we need to not see Barnes as immovable. 

Seems Manure have Pis 5ed off Donny Van De Beek by promising him game time and then keeping him on the bench, the lad now wants to leave after just one season with Utd; So just wondering if Brendan might have a chat with the lad to take a trip down to Leicester to a club who knows how to take care of quality players?? 😉😉

Just now, Langston said:

Is Faivre worth getting excited about? I don't watch Ligue 1 but it looks like some huge clubs are sniffing and it'd appear he's only played half a season. The answer to our right sided issue?

Very versatile, can play RW, ACM or LW

Very good at set pieces and generally a dynamic player, ticks all the boxes for a player we'd go for. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Kind of a sleeper.  Very talented guy who can play all over the midfield.  I think there's a lot of overlap between his game and Praet's though, so he might make more sense as a fallback if Praet pushes for a transfer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Pretty disgusting record considering how good he's supposedly at crosses and set pieces and players like Wood, Vydra, Rodriguez and Barnes to get it in the mixer to.

McNeils creative stats are absolutely horrendous (yes it’s with Burnley) but I hope we don’t go anywhere near him with how much he would cost

C9A2379A-1217-4C3F-8072-A3283570D0D5.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Not wishing to pour cold water here, but scoring goals in the Austrian Bundesliga is considerably easier than in the EPL.   Hopefully he could be the next Mane or Vardy but he will probably need time to adjust.

Time to adjust is fine, we have two other capable strikers. He has all the attributes to succeed.

I’ve completely lost track of who we’re supposedly after because half the stuff that gets posted is incredibly tenuous links to crap foreign football sites and the other half is just people saying who they want, not who we’re actually linked with. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I’ve completely lost track of who we’re supposedly after because half the stuff that gets posted is incredibly tenuous links to crap foreign football sites and the other half is just people saying who they want, not who we’re actually linked with. 

Never going to have any good links when it is still March, most will be tenuous

No harm in people posting who they would like us to sign

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Never going to have any good links when it is still March, most will be tenuous

No harm in people posting who they would like us to sign

Seen some ‘reliable’ stuff on a couple of the targets eg Otavio, better that than Nigeria football transfers .com 

Yep no harm but there could be a separate thread set up for ‘players you want us to sign’ I’m sure we had a similar thread last year. I’d quite like to come into this thread and read about a player Leicester are genuinely targeting, rather than some polish third division winger someone’s bought on football manager lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Seems Manure have Pis 5ed off Donny Van De Beek by promising him game time and then keeping him on the bench, the lad now wants to leave after just one season with Utd; So just wondering if Brendan might have a chat with the lad to take a trip down to Leicester to a club who knows how to take care of quality players?? 😉😉

Would love to see Brendan whispering in Donny’s ear on Sunday a la Pep. Will probably need step ladders tho 😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

If we get top 4.

Striker: Odsonne Edouard

Right winger: Nanitamo Ikone

Center Back: James Tarkowski

Ikone is an odd one, goals and assists are shocking in a league where players like Nicholas Pepe smashed it and then has struggled in the Prem. However he seems to get in for France and its peculiar. 

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Quite. Although I have never seen your father running for the toilet, I have no reason to disbelieve you. :whistle:

• Haha 1