Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

I want to see more left footed players in our squad !

it sometimes looks a bit awkward when the left sided cb is right footed, the left back/left wing back is right footed and when playing with wingers, the left winger is right footed too !

Ive noticed a few times when there is a pass available by opening the body and playing a ball down the line with the left foot, this option is not taken, instead cutting inside and playing into traffic. When the opposition knows all the time you will be coming inside and not going out, it is of course easier to manage.

think the priority should be a left footed CB to replace Morgan in the squad and a left footed left back/wing back to compete with Justin when he comes back to fitness. Send Thomas out on loan and let Castagne and Ricardo compete for the right back/wing back slot on the other side

Soumare is probably my No1 target.

We have a lot of bodies in CM but the drop off in quality after Ndidi and Tielemans is big. It would be great to be able to pick any two from three out of those or all three in specific games. We have FB and CB nailed down with quality in depth that matches anyone in the division so it would be great to do the same with CM.

• Like 2

Pereira from WBA would be a class signing, sell Perez and bring him in, can play on either wing, as a CF and as an attacking midfielder. 7 goals 5 assists in 26 apps and we'd probably be able to get him for 20-25m.

Never seen Soumare play, so haven't a clue if he'll be any good, I trust the scouting team though.

50 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Nixon as well.. must have some legs 

Doubt it. Didn't he just sign a new contract last season till 2024? All depends on what they're asking and as he's heading for the later part of his career (28 in June) would not have much resale value. I still think he's an excellent player. Could be an inexpensive option for midfield cover/competition given our budget.

7 hours ago, escape2victory said:

I want to see more left footed players in our squad !

it sometimes looks a bit awkward when the left sided cb is right footed, the left back/left wing back is right footed and when playing with wingers, the left winger is right footed too !

Ive noticed a few times when there is a pass available by opening the body and playing a ball down the line with the left foot, this option is not taken, instead cutting inside and playing into traffic. When the opposition knows all the time you will be coming inside and not going out, it is of course easier to manage.

think the priority should be a left footed CB to replace Morgan in the squad and a left footed left back/wing back to compete with Justin when he comes back to fitness. Send Thomas out on loan and let Castagne and Ricardo compete for the right back/wing back slot on the other side

Together with a decent striker and winger, how would you finance all this? Who are you selling? It's not just the fee it's the wages over 4yrs.

29 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Together with a decent striker and winger, how would you finance all this? Who are you selling? It's not just the fee it's the wages over 4yrs.

Hamza, Mendy and Benkovic could be sold if you wanted to make a little bit. Plus the fee for Under would be put aside for if he was to be made permanent?

Morgan, Fuchs, James, Jakupovic are out of contract. Slimani, Gray and Silva also left for small fees and wages off the bill from the start of the season.

Got KDH, Iverson and Sowah possibly  to move into the squad next season.

Frees abit up to possibly the money to get 3 more players in?

Just now, slymunn said:

Hamza, Mendy and Benkovic could be sold if you wanted to make a little bit. Plus the fee for Under would be put aside for if he was to be made permanent?

Morgan, Fuchs, James, Jakupovic are out of contract. Slimani, Gray and Silva also left for small fees and wages off the bill from the start of the season.

Got KDH, Iverson and Sowah possibly  to move into the squad next season.

Frees abit up to possibly the money to get 3 more players in?

I think Hamza and Benko will definitely be off, KDH will replace Hamza in the squad. Mendy is here to stay though, reckon he'll sign a one year contract extension at some point.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think Hamza and Benko will definitely be off, KDH will replace Hamza in the squad. Mendy is here to stay though, reckon he'll sign a one year contract extension at some point.

He signed a two year didn't he in the summer? I just think Mendy and Hamza are not trusted 100%. If Brendan could move them both on for a midfielder he wanted I think he would do.

2 minutes ago, slymunn said:

He signed a two year didn't he in the summer? I just think Mendy and Hamza are not trusted 100%. If Brendan could move them both on for a midfielder he wanted I think he would do.

Yeah, current deal ends 2022. I do think we'll either sell him or get him a new deal though, we aren't usually the sort of club to let players in their prime go for free.

You might be right, we are gonna be limited with funds though. Maybe Mcgregor will replace Mendy as the papers are saying, although I do personally think he'll be here next season.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah, current deal ends 2022. I do think we'll either sell him or get him a new deal though, we aren't usually the sort of club to let players in their prime go for free.

You might be right, we are gonna be limited with funds though. Maybe Mcgregor will replace Mendy as the papers are saying, although I do personally think he'll be here next season.

I think if Mendy was taller he would be want we need for rotation. Just feel we miss the height that Ndidi gives us at set pieces.

From previous transfer rumours is sounds like Tarkowski, Eduourd, Mcgregor/Maitland-Niles and possibly someone like Thuvain. 

Sounds around the 50/55 million in transfer fees if that was to happen. Then signing on/wages.

Ryan Bertrand will happen too! Two experience defenders leaving in Morgan and Fuchs and connections with Brendan as well as previous links!  Also I don’t think dewsbury hall is at the required level and regular links with Soumare! Hall is 22/23, I’d like to see choudhary and hall move on. Time for Tavares to be that player from the academy 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Mendy signed a three-year deal, not two. It's 2023 it expires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Ryan Bertrand will happen too! Two experience defenders leaving in Morgan and Fuchs and connections with Brendan as well as previous links!  Also I don’t think dewsbury hall is at the required level and regular links with Soumare! Hall is 22/23, I’d like to see choudhary and hall move on. Time for Tavares to be that player from the academy 

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that KDH isn't good enough and Tavares is? Genuine question? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Midfield to me doesn’t seem the priority area in terms of needing strengthening. The thing about McGregor though is your signing a 6,8 and a 10. As much as I don’t think he gets in the strongest 11 he’s most definitely a considerable upgrade on the present cover in all three midfield positions. When money is tighter than usual I can see the logic in it.

Similar to Edouard I wouldn’t read too much into McGregor’s form this season, the only thing he’s been guilty of is trying to do too much and doing the work of the whole midfield on his own. Like I’ve said before on here he and Edouard are the only two in our squad I’d be confident of making the step up to EPL level. He’d also be a really handy player in Europe as his ball retention is excellent. Technically he’s so unlike a Scottish player.

Given how transitional this summer is going to be for us I’d hate to lose him and would hope the new team we assemble is built around him but I can see him wanting to go and I wouldn’t grudge him it at all given he’s been a great servant and won everything with us several times over.

If Praet goes and you can bring McGregor in at pretty much a net zero situation then that’s great business imo.

Can't see Praet going, he's been good for us and has just been unlucky with his injury. Hamza and Mendy are potentials to leave but I'd be amazed if we let Praet leave as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Can't see Praet going, he's been good for us and has just been unlucky with his injury. Hamza and Mendy are potentials to leave but I'd be amazed if we let Praet leave as well. 

I actually like Praet as a player, but for someone that’s in the main a squad option he’s quite one dimensional. It always helps if the guys 12-16 in the squad can fill in effectively in a couple of different roles.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I like Amartey, I wouldn't mind if he stayed but I reckon the club would listen to offers. 

As they should, squad players of a certain age that aren't good enough for the first XI and unlikely to improve much in the future should always be up for sale for the right offer.

Ward, Amartey, Mendy and even Choudhury now fit into that category. 

No harm selling these players for the right money and rolling the dice again on a replacement.

• Like 1