Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

6 minutes ago, Guest said:

I wonder if it's a coincidence that this mysterious new poster with strange views on our academy has the same username as the one who used to wax lyrical about George Hirst and was convinced we should be starting him because he was young and tall

I thought that sounded familiar. Don't think he's posted here in awhile. I wonder why :whistle:

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Sergio Aguero reported to be wanting to stay in the PL. Probably not feasible anyway, but, with the CL on the horizon a year’s contract at a good wage would be great for experience. I don’t think he is over the hill yet, he’s just had a bad year, but I imagine wages would be an issue. He’s a great pro though.

Nah, will be wanting 200kish a week, we can't justify that. Plus, Vardy will be our bit part player for the next two or three years, we don't need two of them.

23 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Can’t wait for Thauvin to come in and then be benched by Albrighton 

Telling how much the game changes when he walks on the field. Just his energy level and pressing transform the entire team. That's why Under doesn't play. He cant match the work rate.

4 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Can’t now see it happening, but I’d take the rejuvenated Lingard in a heartbeat.

Manchester will be looking to get some of that Maguire cash back surely.

51 minutes ago, Guest said:

I wonder if it's a coincidence that this mysterious new poster with strange views on our academy has the same username as the one who used to wax lyrical about George Hirst and was convinced we should be starting him because he was young and tall

42 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I thought that sounded familiar. Don't think he's posted here in awhile. I wonder why :whistle:

And I am at once transported back to my teens, when a regular in the Black Dog in Oadby was absolutely convinced that Tony Spearing was the best LB in the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Guest said:

Another one for the ignore user list, it will sit nicely alone side his original account.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And I am at once transported back to my teens, when a regular in the Black Dog in Oadby was absolutely convinced that Tony Spearing was the best LB in the country.

Was thinking how strange for a midfielder to be classed as a decent LB but then realised I was thinking of Jay Spearing!

Tony was a bit before my time. 

Edited by Collymore

37 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Was thinking how strange for a midfielder to be classed as a decent LB but then realised I was thinking of Jay Spearing!

Tony was a bit before my time. 

Spearingy was a bit before his own time, like Martin Peters...

7 hours ago, BlackFox said:

He is 29 and played most of his time in League 1. I'm not sure BR would be into that 

I don’t get the hype, beyond dreadful with a terrible attitude at Newcastle. 

There is an article on the right wing BBC site where Guardiola says that Man City will not be able to afford a new striker in the summer.   I think he is wrong as they could probably afford George Hirst.

If Guardiola is saying that, it makes it more unlikely that we will not be losing any big players as who would be able to afford them?

I reckon we have 9 players who we would not be willing to sell for under 50 million (Justin, Ricardo, Castagne, Fofana, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes: Praet and Iheanacho would be expensive too).  Some we would want considerably more for. 

Then there are the players in their 30s, Scmeichel, Evans, Vardy, Albrighton who aren't going anywhere.

The flip side is we won't be able to splash much cash either.  Bearing in mind the players named above, we have one he'll of a squad.

46 minutes ago, majaco said:

There is an article on the right wing BBC site where Guardiola says that Man City will not be able to afford a new striker in the summer.   I think he is wrong as they could probably afford George Hirst.

If Guardiola is saying that, it makes it more unlikely that we will not be losing any big players as who would be able to afford them?

I reckon we have 9 players who we would not be willing to sell for under 50 million (Justin, Ricardo, Castagne, Fofana, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes: Praet and Iheanacho would be expensive too).  Some we would want considerably more for. 

Then there are the players in their 30s, Scmeichel, Evans, Vardy, Albrighton who aren't going anywhere.

The flip side is we won't be able to splash much cash either.  Bearing in mind the players named above, we have one he'll of a squad.

So you really believe:

1) one of the richest countries in the world can't afford any striker they really wanted?

2) anything that Guardiola says? 

You need to get out more - socially distanced of course. :whistle:

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

So you really believe:

1) one of the richest countries in the world can't afford any striker they really wanted?

2) anything that Guardiola says? 

You need to get out more - socially distanced of course. :whistle:

It was on the BBC website.  So it must be true.  Our state tv station is always accurate and unbiased.

Apart from that, thanks for the advice.  Could be a life-changing moment.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

I’d rather we maintained our strategy of young, hungry players with good resale value. 

I would rather our club stick with the statistical analysis process driven recruitment policy that has held it in good stead. While the club invests with the future in mind (the squad reflects this) it be silly to discount the likes of your Johnny Evans who are older but can add to the squad and it’s success. 

Don’t know enough about the player in question but it would seem we’ve been watching him for a long time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, majaco said:

Why the "right wing" cheap dig?  It has no relevance to the article whatsoever.  Not even sure that it's accurate.

Edited by PaulW
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

I would rather our club stick with the statistical analysis process driven recruitment policy that has held it in good stead. While the club invests with the future in mind (the squad reflects this) it be silly to discount the likes of your Johnny Evans who are older but can add to the squad and it’s success. 

Don’t know enough about the player in question but it would seem we’ve been watching him for a long time. 

Statistically we do better with younger players, talented and hungry. Evans is an anomaly. Analysis done. 

11 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Why the "right wing" cheap dig?  It has no relevance to the article whatsoever.  Not even sure that it's accurate.

I suspect it is to an extent a parody of those that claim that the BBC is a left wing organisation.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1