Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/03/28/report-tottenham-now-moving-quickly-to-sign-wahid-faghir/%3famp?espv=1

according to a few dodgy outlets we are in for this kid, and according to some have had a £1m bid rejected. 

We had that bid turned down about 18 months ago. We were supposedly in for him again last summer but opted not to get the deal across the line and then not be able to sign him until he turns 18. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We need a striker with Kane's physical presence urgently. The ability to be in the right place at the right time is more important than clever skills. We need a Van Nistelroy clone.

Think human cloning is illegal. I might be wrong. If I am we need to get on Pele, Messi and Ronaldo immediately. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We need a striker with Kane's physical presence urgently. The ability to be in the right place at the right time is more important than clever skills. We need a Van Nistelroy clone.

Jermaine Defoe had that ability but wasn’t particularly physical 

On 28/03/2021 at 10:42, majaco said:

We can probably discount signing any players who represent countries qualifying for AFCON.

Already, we could lose 5 players.  Nigeria, Senegal and Ghana have qualified and South Africa could join them.

It could also affect who we let go.   As we will lose Ndidi, perhaps it could mean selling Mendy as we will need to strengthen our defensive midfield allocation.  Iheanacho not being available for a month means we will definitely need a striker.  Amartey as former Ghana captain must be a potential recall for them;  this makes him less valuable to Leicester.  I wonder  if it could lead to him moving on; although he is a great back up,  if he goes it could leave us short of numbers at the back.  Leshabela as a fringe player is less problematic.

The AFCON is likely to have quite an effect next season on a few clubs.

Dennis and Hamza are 2 players I would have confidence in at DMC, Dewsbury-Hall I guess, but that's not enough with injuries and a busy fixture list. I think Soyuncu could theoretically do it, but that seems unlikely.

I have probably forgotten somebody, but it could completely shaft us at a crucial moment in the season.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
for clarity

32 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Get Aguero on a free!

I was just pondering whether this would be out of the question.

In truth it probably is and is probably not the answer to the question “what do we do about an ageing Vardy.” 

But I wouldn’t be against it if we did have a go.

9 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

In truth it probably is and is probably not the answer to the question “what do we do about an ageing Vardy.” 

There’s no probably about it.

9 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

No way it happens, we couldn't afford his wage bill even on a free. But if Kel' and a possible Barns are our future strike force then having Vardy and Aguero coming in and out of the squad (similar to the way Chelsea utilize Giroud) would be insane. I'd play Vardy for the first half of the season. Let him bag his dozen goals. Then play Aguero for the second lol. Easy 20+ goals between them. Kel' bangs in 16+. We're living the dream!!! lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

No way it happens, we couldn't afford his wage bill even on a free. But if Kel' and a possible Barns are our future strike force then having Vardy and Aguero coming in and out of the squad (similar to the way Chelsea utilize Giroud) would be insane. I'd play Vardy for the first half of the season. Let him bag his dozen goals. Then play Aguero for the second lol. Easy 20+ goals between them. Kel' bangs in 16+. We're living the dream!!! lol 

Well. A new kind of rotation. 

Personally I can't see it catching on.

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No surprise there, been an underwhelming signing.

In hindsight terrific piece of business getting him on loan initially and not being stuck with him.

Completely agree. I think the surprising amount of time it took him to reach just the physical levels required to play in our system was quite telling. He's served his purpose in some of the games he's been involved in and chipped in with a few goals and assists - certainly an advancement on Gray's contributions of late. But, we need someone capable of operating at a much higher standard to have an impact in our team. 

24 minutes ago, HeskeyForever said:

Completely agree. I think the surprising amount of time it took him to reach just the physical levels required to play in our system was quite telling. He's served his purpose in some of the games he's been involved in and chipped in with a few goals and assists - certainly an advancement on Gray's contributions of late. But, we need someone capable of operating at a much higher standard to have an impact in our team. 

I honestly don’t think he was an improvement on gray at all. Thank god we haven’t been lumbered with him. We can do a lot better

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No surprise there, been an underwhelming signing.

In hindsight terrific piece of business getting him on loan initially and not being stuck with him.

Especially as he was a Monchi pick and he is considered the best talent spotter in world football by many.

Under was considered one of the best young talents in Europe about three years  ago and has lost his way. On the evidence we have seen Under probably had a couple of really good years but the reality is that he isn’t that good. 

• Like 1

Linked with a 17 year old centre back with 15 first team appearances for Valenciennes in French 2nd Division

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-arsenal-eye-player-already-compared-dayot-upamecano/

Leicester and Arsenal ‘have their eye’ on player ‘already being compared to Dayot Upamecano’

Missing out on the actual Dayot Upamecano, it appears Arsenal and Leicester City have now turned their attention to the next Dayot Upamecano.

The RB Leipzig defender, who will transfer to Bayern Munich in the summer, started his career at Valenciennes in France before moving to RB Salzburg in 2015.

Well, the French club appears to be a factory for promising centre-backs, because both the Foxes and the Gunners are keeping an eye on Ismaël Doukouré, a 17-year-old centre-back who already has 15 appearances with the first-team.

Strasbourg in Ligue 1 are also on the case, according to Foot Mercato, while Leicester and Arsenal are said to ‘have their eye’ on the defender ‘who is already being compared to Dayot Upamecano due to his precocity and position’.

Currently under contract until 2023, there’s still time for him to grow at Valenciennes, but if both Premier League clubs have something to say about it, especially the Foxes following their success with Wesley Fofana, he may end up in England sooner rather than later.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Linked with a 17 year old centre back with 15 first team appearances for Valenciennes in French 2nd Division

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-arsenal-eye-player-already-compared-dayot-upamecano/

Leicester and Arsenal ‘have their eye’ on player ‘already being compared to Dayot Upamecano’

Missing out on the actual Dayot Upamecano, it appears Arsenal and Leicester City have now turned their attention to the next Dayot Upamecano.

The RB Leipzig defender, who will transfer to Bayern Munich in the summer, started his career at Valenciennes in France before moving to RB Salzburg in 2015.

Well, the French club appears to be a factory for promising centre-backs, because both the Foxes and the Gunners are keeping an eye on Ismaël Doukouré, a 17-year-old centre-back who already has 15 appearances with the first-team.

Strasbourg in Ligue 1 are also on the case, according to Foot Mercato, while Leicester and Arsenal are said to ‘have their eye’ on the defender ‘who is already being compared to Dayot Upamecano due to his precocity and position’.

Currently under contract until 2023, there’s still time for him to grow at Valenciennes, but if both Premier League clubs have something to say about it, especially the Foxes following their success with Wesley Fofana, he may end up in England sooner rather than later.

Don’t know anything about him but he’s got a cool name and he’s french. Get him in.

• Like 1