Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

Personally think we need at least 4 signings, and maybe 5 for full cover.

Tomiyasu (£15-20m)

Bertrand (Free)

Soumare (£15m)

Fairve (£15m)

Eduoard (£15m)

Total (£60-65m)

Seems like a lot of money but I’m thinking we’ll get roughly £20m for qualifying for champions league (fingers crossed) and I’d imagine we’d have had some set aside for the possibility that Ünder was made permanent. Then the sale of choudury would make at least  £15m and I think that leaves us with a small enough net spend to manage.

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

he is in his first epl season -  they can't all be fofana.

Hence why we should be aiming higher. Hasn't shown anything to me that he will be anymore than an average player. 

31 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Tomiyasu (£15-20m)

Bertrand (Free)

Soumare (£15m)

Fairve (£15m)

Eduoard (£15m)

Total (£60-65m)

Seems like a lot of money but I’m thinking we’ll get roughly £20m for qualifying for champions league (fingers crossed) and I’d imagine we’d have had some set aside for the possibility that Ünder was made permanent. Then the sale of choudury would make at least  £15m and I think that leaves us with a small enough net spend to manage.

....that is a big assumption.......no pointer to that happening!!!

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....that is a big assumption.......no pointer to that happening!!!

But if he were playing well, we’d be looking to sign him permanently, so where would that money be coming from? That’s the way I’m looking at it.

Just now, Dusty said:

But if he were playing well, we’d be looking to sign him permanently, so where would that money be coming from? That’s the way I’m looking at it.

...he needs to be playing, full stop!!!

He is not getting game time and we are playing a Right Back instead of giving him any opportunity to prove himself. The other thing about this is he has not done enough to force Rodgers hand or convince the fanbase that he can cut it in this league.

I am a fan and believe he is a special player but I can't see anyway back for him.

Personally think centrally in midfield we won’t sign anyone KDH and sowah will come in for that. We will be after a wide attacker to replace Mahrez which we still haven’t done. 

if Rogers insists on 3 at the back we will sign another centre half. 

we also need an extra striker which is something we’ve needed a while.

I think like last summer we won’t see many incomings. I’m going 3 max.

having said that we have under loan ending, fuchs and Morgan probably leaving aswell as jakupovic and I believe we only registered 24 players so that could mean we have 5 spots available before someone like Mendy/hamza leave so if that happens il guess a loan or two in aswell. 

Edited by Lesta2014

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Tomiyasu (£15-20m)

Bertrand (Free)

Soumare (£15m)

Fairve (£15m)

Eduoard (£15m)

Total (£60-65m)

Betrand on a free would be a decent bit of business. We need to replace Fuchs and have a left footed left back. 

57 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Personally think centrally in midfield we won’t sign anyone KDH and sowah will come in for that. We will be after a wide attacker to replace Mahrez which we still haven’t done. 

if Rogers insists on 3 at the back we will sign another centre half. 

we also need an extra striker which is something we’ve needed a while.

I think like last summer we won’t see many incomings. I’m going 3 max.

having said that we have under loan ending, fuchs and Morgan probably leaving aswell as jakupovic and I believe we only registered 24 players so that could mean we have 5 spots available before someone like Mendy/hamza leave so if that happens il guess a loan or two in aswell. 

Take your pick of these:-

akinfenwa.jpg.bbe6364fc50cd2b99489dc3e686d42f5.jpgshipperley.jpg.b3fce5e0d6263d78da84508c3fbbe17a.jpgtaylorfletch.jpg.2818b6e363d954e002da9ba671335de5.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

If Soumare is available for £30m there’s no way KDH has a chance and likewise wouldn’t want be 6th/7th choice at 23 years old

I don't think he'd cost that much, Lille aren't flush and he has a year left on his deal.

22 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he can play at #10 or an #8!!!

You really do not need to have players looking to cover multiple positions it's surely not a prerequisite. 

Always felt getting McGregor in would give us something we have been crying out for and that is leadership.

When you’ve got a stretched squad as has been shown this season with what happened in Europe it certainly helps to have a couple of players that are effective in several positions.

Hmm although he’s captained us a fair few times a leader is not how I’d think of McGregor. He’s a very quiet unassuming player in that sense.

17 minutes ago, Langston said:

I don't think he'd cost that much, Lille aren't flush and he has a year left on his deal.

Even better if so! Either way a bargain! Fingers crossed we get the quality we need. I’m hopeful having wanted 5 signings in the summer and only getting 3 as well as no movement in January. Huge salaries were cleared with Slimani and Gray and Morgan/Fuchs must be on £40-£50 a week. Also Matty James! 

52 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Absolute nonesense but Aguero being on a free and linked with Arsenal gives us a bit of hope doesn't it? 

Arsenal are stupid for giving out massive wages to 30+ players (Willian, Luiz, Ozil, Aubameyang), easy club to go to if a player with not much time left wants a hefty final payday

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

The lad looks like an absolute monster! Gerrrimin

...breaks up play well and very proactive....!!!

Switch ball is very good but he tends not to release the ball quick enough after winning it back, takes on the extra player when he needs to release the ball. There is little to no end product when winning the ball and moving forward and that is where his game falls down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Switch ball is very good but he tends not to release the ball quick enough after winning it back, takes on the extra player when he needs to release the ball. There is little to no end product when winning the ball and moving forward and that is where his game falls down.

But with Brendan Rodgers as his manager, wow what a player he can be 

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

To be fair end product ie assists/goals isn’t really what you expect from defensive mids... bit like Ndidi I imagine his role would be to win the ball back then get it forward to the lads who get paid big bucks for that end product