Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Arsenal are stupid for giving out massive wages to 30+ players (Willian, Luiz, Ozil, Aubameyang), easy club to go to if a player with not much time left wants a hefty final payday

Strange as under Arsene Wenger Arsenal were renown for not giving out big contracts to anyone over 30. 

• Haha 1

INCOMINGS:

• Boubakary Soumaré £15m 
  • Attila Szalai £21m 
  • Callum Mcgregor Or Ozan Tufan £15m (The more I thought about it I came up with: Calmac Could also be used as a back up or Starter LB Whilst JJ is out injured and he’s gonna take donkeys to get back to full flow even when he’s fit, Seeing as he filled in there at Celtic FOR BRENDAN I believe and he’s left footed and we might be looking at sending luke out on loan, He’d be like Our James Milner Which Every Team fighting for what we want needs) 
  • Odsonne edouard £20m
  • Thauvin FREE Or Faivre £16m
  • (KDH/Sowah FREE)

= Minimum £71m

OUTGOINGS:

Ghezzal £8m-

Hamza £15m-

Benko £3-5m-

(Possibly mendy) £10m-

= Minimum £26m

26-71 = £45m 

So £45m At The minimum spent Plus add on agent fees and the bonus shizzle which is doable Especially with champs league money and Clear up of wages since quite a few players are leaving on free’s aswell as gray’s, slim’s, silva’s and diabappe gone already And hopefully we’ll get the ticket sales back to normal and all that jazz and what not next season Which Should help with the other Improved contracts maybe.

AND Because of Afcon surely it’d mean we’re 100% Getting in:

• ST for nacho going
  • DM for ndidi going
  • Box to box CM For Mendy now he’s playing for Senegal (unless that Spot’s for KDH that’s why It makes sense to sell mendy and get a more versatile back up/For competition player who can play everywhere in e.g. Calmac) 
  • CB for Big Dan going ?

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Linked with Naby Keita at Liverpool, around £30m

Way too injury prone for me, probably on at least £100k, hope we don’t go anywhere near him

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-liverpool-midfielder-keita-on-leicester-city-radar-as-price-tag-plummets/

Never do business with Liverpool.

We would end up paying around 65m for him in the end for a player that is broken.

We ended up with ward from them who yes is a steady goalkeeper but Max Value being there 4th choice keeper at the time should of been around 3 or 4 million not 14

I think folks are going to be seriously underwhelmed. There isn’t going to be any major spending from ourselves (and most likely every other club from outside the oligarch/super club mould). 

We’ve gotta burn some money on contracts - we’ve got three big assets with two years left and if their contracts continue to run, we are going to have a big problem 

• Like 1

If money is as tight as some on here seem to believe, I wonder if we might look at Moussa Marega again. 

Linked with him a few times in the past and he's put of contract this summer.....

45 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

If money is as tight as some on here seem to believe, I wonder if we might look at Moussa Marega again. 

Linked with him a few times in the past and he's put of contract this summer.....

Hope not, he's garbage in front of goal. Needs about 10 chances to score

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think folks are going to be seriously underwhelmed. There isn’t going to be any major spending from ourselves (and most likely every other club from outside the oligarch/super club mould). 

We’ve gotta burn some money on contracts - we’ve got three big assets with two years left and if their contracts continue to run, we are going to have a big problem 

Yep.  We need to get rid of the remaining dead-wood and bring the curtain down on some players' times here as finances will not allow for sentiment.  These savings can then be used to tie down the big asset players. Then it is a case of hunting for young bargains and trying to add some quality if we have UCL football to look forward to.    

Difficult times ahead except for the likes of the Manc. Twins and Chelski.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brownboy93 said:

INCOMINGS:

• Boubakary Soumaré £15m 
  • Attila Szalai £21m 
  • Callum Mcgregor Or Ozan Tufan £15m (The more I thought about it I came up with: Calmac Could also be used as a back up or Starter LB Whilst JJ is out injured and he’s gonna take donkeys to get back to full flow even when he’s fit, Seeing as he filled in there at Celtic FOR BRENDAN I believe and he’s left footed and we might be looking at sending luke out on loan, He’d be like Our James Milner Which Every Team fighting for what we want needs) 
  • Odsonne edouard £20m
  • (KDH/Sowah FREE)

= Minimum £71m

OUTGOINGS:

Ghezzal £8m-

Hamza £15m-

Benko £3-5m-

(Possibly mendy) £10m-

= Minimum £26m

26-71 = £45m 

So £45m At The minimum spent Plus add on agent fees and the bonus shizzle which is doable Especially with champs league money and Clear up of wages since quite a few players are leaving on free’s aswell as gray’s, slim’s, silva’s and diabappe gone already And hopefully we’ll get the ticket sales back to normal and all that jazz and what not next season Which Should help with the other Improved contracts maybe.

• ST for nacho going
  • DM for ndidi going
  • Box to box CM For Mendy now he’s playing for Senegal (unless that Spot’s for KDH that’s why It makes sense to sell mendy and get a more versatile back up/For competition player who can play everywhere in e.g. Calmac) 
  • CB for Big Dan going ?

No it isnt. 

I would be surprised if we have any net spend. 

Would not surprise me if like us most clubs will offset signings with sales and end with a positive net spend. 

For us to have a net spend on transfers of around 45mill as you have suggested we would need to make around 90mill from selling players. To do this we would need to sell one of our assets either N'didi, Maddison, Barnes or Fofana or Teliemans which as i think everyone would agree would be frustrating. 

I was expecting maybe 1 free transfer, one squad player for around 15-20mill and 1 or two loans. 

Who knows what’s going to happen! Leicester might announce a huge sponsorship deal on the training ground for all we know, to offset any transfer spending spree. Also the proposed arena could be sponsored like the motorpoint arena in Shottingham. The planned accommodation could fetch a minimum of £700 an apartment also. So lots of money to be made with the most expensive plans developed 

Edited by Heymister2015

10 hours ago, brownboy93 said:

INCOMINGS:

• Boubakary Soumaré £15m 
  • Attila Szalai £21m 
  • Odsonne edouard £20m
  • (KDH/Sowah FREE)

= Minimum £71m

OUTGOINGS:

Ghezzal £8m-

Hamza £15m-

Benko £3-5m-

(Possibly mendy) £10m-

= Minimum £26m

26-71 = £45m 

• ST for nacho going
  • DM for ndidi going
  • CB for Big Dan going ?

Doubt we'd get anywhere near those valuations for Ghezzal and Choudhury. I don't see anyone wanting to risk any money on Benkovic who is either regularly injured or can only manage at best to sit on a bench for Bristol, Cardiff or Leuven. I feel very sorry for him but at this point of time when teams are short of money, they're not going to risk it on a dud.

Do you really think that we're remotely likely to spend upwards of 71m this summer?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Linked with Naby Keita at Liverpool, around £30m

Way too injury prone for me, probably on at least £100k, hope we don’t go anywhere near him

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-liverpool-midfielder-keita-on-leicester-city-radar-as-price-tag-plummets/

Was an absolute prodigy of a player which they paid fifty odd million for and had to wait a year for him to come. The injury and confidence ravaged - sounds like a right Brendan player to me - 26 yrs old - 30 million quid... If he can be anything like the player he was before Liverpool ruined him - that's a bargain but a big IF!

Just now, Nick said:

Was an absolute prodigy of a player which they paid fifty odd million for and had to wait a year for him to come. The injury and confidence ravaged - sounds like a right Brendan player to me - 26 yrs old - 30 million quid... If he can be anything like the player he was before Liverpool ruined him - that's a bargain but a big IF!

I was really excited to watch him when they first signed him, but like you say, Liverpool have absolutely ruined him

Definitely fits in the group of “broken players” that Rodgers would like to build back up, just think the finances may be a bit too high for him, might make a decent loan deal, but I imagine it depends on what else Liverpool do in the summer as their main midfield is getting a bit old now (Wijnaldum, Thiago, Henderson, Milner all into their 30s next season)

25 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

funny reading all the comments from offended Liverpool fans saying Leicester couldn't afford to prize him away when the article clearly states "IF Liverpool decide to sell"

He's too injury prone anyway and Liverpool would still want 30 mill + for him

20 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Wouldn’t be against it if it meant Thomas goes out on loan and he’s used as cover

Isn't JJ out til about November also? Meaning it'll be after Christmas before he's back in full swing....

Linked with Gerard Moreno of Villareal, 28 years old (29 tomorrow), Spain International

19 goals and 5 assists in 24 league games, 4 goals and 3 assists in 7 Europa League games

2 years left on his current deal so Villareal would probably want a decent amount for him

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3