Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

20 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Why the "right wing" cheap dig?  It has no relevance to the article whatsoever.  Not even sure that it's accurate.

Because I wanted to. I was never going to check it was okay with you

On 31/03/2021 at 17:44, Ric Flair said:

I'd be amazed if this didn't happen. We're the perfect club for him, has worked with Rodgers before and is related to Kolo Toure.

I didn't realise he was related to Kolo? Maybe there is something in this.

Reading in between the lines it seems he wants first team football to aid his development. He hasnt really kicked on from his promise as a 13/14 year old. He has his first team debut with Celtic two years ago and has hardly featured since. The stumbling block is 1st team football and would he come here for the reserves.

3 hours ago, majaco said:

Because I wanted to. I was never going to check it was okay with you

Wasn't suggesting that you should.  It just seemed odd, no more, no less.

Edited by PaulW

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ticks all the boxes as a left footed right winger who is equally as good playing in the 10 role. 

11.7 M on Transfermarkt. Age 24. Two goals and 2 assists against Chelsea. Have we ever had a Brazilian in the squad? Surely, if not, it's about time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, enmac said:

11.7 M on Transfermarkt. Age 24. Two goals and 2 assists against Chelsea. Have we ever had a Brazilian in the squad? Surely, if not, it's about time.

Nope, we seem destined not to or we'll end up with one that's a big lummox of a defender.

• Sad 1

On 02/04/2021 at 10:37, An Sionnach said:

With Barnes injured , the current first choice City team has no academy players in it. Signing new players( except the much needed striker) will only make it even more difficult for these younger players to get a chance. If we do not use them ,we will definitely lose them . Remember we are one of the top clubs in Europe and we need a proper development of young players.

Thracian, that you?

6 hours ago, enmac said:

How about Matteus Pereira from WBA? Looks pretty sharp against Chelsea. 

....part of the conversation in the summer of which I felt he would be a great acquisition!!!

The popular opinion was that he was not good enough, he looks like a quality player to me though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

I suspect he would cost around 20 million should west brom be relegated which would be a worthy risk if we send Under back.  

Supposedly they are financial screwed if they go down so I think he would be reasonably priced. 

He’s definitely got something about him. In an attacking side I’m sure he could do a lot of damage 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Supposedly they are financial screwed if they go down so I think he would be reasonably priced. 

He’s definitely got something about him. In an attacking side I’m sure he could do a lot of damage 

....they would have a better chance of bouncing straight back if they keep their better players!!!

I suppose if the player pushes enough then they will have a question to answer, otherwise it is in their best interest to keep him on their roster.

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....they would have a better chance of bouncing straight back if they keep their better players!!!

I suppose if the player pushes enough then they will have a question to answer, otherwise it is in their best interest to keep him on their roster.

It depends how bad it is. They had a 10m option on him and they told sporting they couldn’t pay it unless they were promoted. So I’d imagine if they go down they would consider selling