Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

38 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I actually like Praet as a player, but for someone that’s in the main a squad option he’s quite one dimensional. It always helps if the guys 12-16 in the squad can fill in effectively in a couple of different roles.

.. he can play at #10 or an #8!!!

You really do not need to have players looking to cover multiple positions it's surely not a prerequisite. 

Always felt getting McGregor in would give us something we have been crying out for and that is leadership.

• Like 2

I don't think McGregor is tenable for us.

27yo isn't our usual modus operandi unless they're a bargain price. He's on a long contract with Celtic so they're not letting him go cheap, he also probably doesn't start for us so it's not money well spent on a player who has probably peaked and decreasing in value as soon as you buy him.

Soumare makes much more sense if we can bag him with him being 22 and one year left on his deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

27yo isn't our usual modus operandi unless they're a bargain price. He's on a long contract with Celtic so they're not letting him go cheap, he also probably doesn't start for us so it's not money well spent on a player who has probably peaked and decreasing in value as soon as you buy him.

Soumare makes much more sense if we can bag him with him being 22 and one year left on his deal.

Would be disgusting if we spent our transfer dosh on him 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Out of curiosity, what makes you think that KDH isn't good enough and Tavares is? Genuine question? 

Well hall is 22 turning 23 in September. There’s never been major talk about him and he’s played well at Luton, but hasn’t got major stats that would suggest he’s good enough for Leicester. Tavares is 18/19, highly regarded, linked with major clubs and probably warrants a chance whereas hall is heading towards mid 20’s and hasn’t really ever been near the first team bar pre seasons. 

13 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Well hall is 22 turning 23 in September. There’s never been major talk about him and he’s played well at Luton, but hasn’t got major stats that would suggest he’s good enough for Leicester. Tavares is 18/19, highly regarded, linked with major clubs and probably warrants a chance whereas hall is heading towards mid 20’s and hasn’t really ever been near the first team bar pre seasons. 

Can't say I agree in the slightest. 

First off, I don't feel age is really relevant at all. Secondly, I would say KDH has done far more to deserve a chance of Tavares. 

He has infinitely more experience having smashed loans in the championship and league 1 where as Tavares doesn't even play for the U23s anymore if I'm not mistaken. 

I can't say I've saw much of Tavares at all but of the little cameos I have saw, you can tell he has barely played football anywhere near a decent level. He takes far too much time on the ball and to get him up to speed, I feel he would need a loan..... Assuming he actually showed a bit of loyalty and signed a new contract (which is another reason KDH deserves a place ahead of him). 

Yes, KDH is older but he is also further along in his progression.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

He's 27 ffs not 33😂. McGregor needs to move. He is a very good player but is in danger of stagnating.

21 minutes ago, Deebhoy said:

He's 27 ffs not 33😂. McGregor needs to move. He is a very good player but is in danger of stagnating.

He's obviously got a good five years of peak football in him but at 27 is a depreciating asset that probably has little room for improvement, financially he is a bad investment. Players only go for really big money before the age of 26.

Tielemans joined at 21 for £32m and if we have to sell will go for a healthy profit because he is still young. There is little chance of McGregor ever going for a bigger fee than the one Celtic sell for this summer if he goes. A player like Soumare makes much more sense at 22 and with one year left on his contract. He has a higher ceiling than McGregor and much more likely to be flipped for a profit two years down the line. The cost of both probably is only about £5m more for Soumare with much more upside.

53 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

First off, I don't feel age is really relevant at all. Secondly, I would say KDH has done far more to deserve a chance of Tavares. 

He has infinitely more experience having smashed loans in the championship and league 1 where as Tavares doesn't even play for the U23s anymore if I'm not mistaken. 

I can't say I've saw much of Tavares at all but of the little cameos I have saw, you can tell he has barely played football anywhere near a decent level. He takes far too much time on the ball and to get him up to speed, I feel he would need a loan..... Assuming he actually showed a bit of loyalty and signed a new contract (which is another reason KDH deserves a place ahead of him). 

Killian Mbapè was wrold champion at 17 years old and never played  u23 football, you can't really  compare KDH , Lashabela  or Tavares putting all in same levels  when  Leicester city  clubs policy it's to take no risks,  for what we can read and it's a fact KDH for example every time he goes on loan he gets a new contract, Lashabela gets new contract and stays in u23 and Tavares never gets a contract and never plays and it's being  monotorized  by many clubs because it's bad? May be clubs policy its wrong  on this case . Just let Tavares go and let's see what kind of player  he will become, I think for the 1st time the club will regret  not giving  more credit  for Tavares . And Tavares  could be  sold  for 10million plus , what a waist  of money 👎👎👎

• Haha 2

I think our   Agents hotline phone will be ringing off the hook if we get champions league football..

I don’t think we’ll be making any decisions just yet as to who we might buy- oddsonne might be a shoe in but that’s it 

7 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

KDH is a baller and more advanced than Tavares . 

we have a superstar in KDH

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Isn't that a worrying generalisation though nowadays? Players are people that develop at different rates. How many players could we name that didn't come into their own until theirs early or mid 20s, our very own Vardy being a prime example but there's quite a number. How many young players suffer because they don't get loaned out quickly enough? Even more so though, how many supposed highly rated 18/19 year old don't make the grade? We've had plenty at our club.

KDH not having major stats is very subjective. Would his stats for example be better if he was at Norwich? Would Vardy have had even better stats if he'd had played for Man City?

KDH has been outstanding apparently at Luton and I'm sure Rodgers will be a good judge when he comes back. Taveres looked nothing special on his first appearance, but you wouldn't reasonably expect him to stand out on such a big occasion for him, though he did show great technique in that unlucky shot! Leshabela for me looked a little more ready but I know nothing much about either of them in fairness. All three are potentially more exciting young prospects and I trust Rodgers and his immediate staff to manage them regardless of age. It is, after all, a particular area where Rodgers supposedly shines which can only be a good thing for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Isn't that a worrying generalisation though nowadays? Players are people that develop at different rates. How many players could we name that didn't come into their own until theirs early or mid 20s, our very own Vardy being a prime example but there's quite a number. How many young players suffer because they don't get loaned out quickly enough? Even more so though, how many supposed highly rated 18/19 year old don't make the grade? We've had plenty at our club.

KDH not having major stats is very subjective. Would his stats for example be better if he was at Norwich? Would Vardy have had even better stats if he'd had played for Man City?

KDH has been outstanding apparently at Luton and I'm sure Rodgers will be a good judge when he comes back. Taveres looked nothing special on his first appearance, but you wouldn't reasonably expect him to stand out on such a big occasion for him, though he did show great technique in that unlucky shot! Leshabela for me looked a little more ready but I know nothing much about either of them in fairness. All three are potentially more exciting young prospects and I trust Rodgers and his immediate staff to manage them regardless of age. It is, after all, a particular area where Rodgers supposedly shines which can only be a good thing for us.

KDH a was also a stand out at Blackpool in his other loan.  You can argue about the strength of opposition but both Barnes and chilwell had rave reviews from their ‘lower league loans’. 

• Like 1

If we want to continue playing three at the back, it's okay having Big Dan to step in but we need a fourth CB who can play at the level of Evans Fofana and Soy. I genuinely think with all the comps this is a priority. I look at a player like Tarkowski and think it would be an amazing acquisition to sure us up and give us the depth in quality we need. We have full backs and wing backs that with the exception of perhaps Thomas can play left or right side if need be in Justin Ricardo and Castagne which means two players for each of those positions as well as KDH which sures up the back line with both depth and quality.

In front of them, if we think Perez's role will be the Madders stand in at 10 moving forward - we still require a left sided and right sided forward/wing - the right sided player needs to be a nailed on starting quality player as it seems unlikely it will be Under even if we do send him back and try to buy him at a snip which I have my doubts about.

Kelichi can play in a two but not IMO as a lone striker in a 4-1-4-1 so we still need a 'Vardy replacement/alternative' to fulfil this role though I recognise he can't be 'replaced' as such...

That leaves us needing Ndidi back up that's probably not Mendy and Youri back up as well - Not sure yet how if and where Tavares will/can figure in this conundrum being honest.

Which leaves us arguably being in the market for:

1 x CB

2 x Wide forwards

1 x No. 8

1 x holding DCM

1 x Striker

Now I don't think we'll be for a minute buying six players in terms of cash and the market climate in this window but that's my random (and probably said before) target if we want to be in the long term aiming to emulate and be competitive with anything like the side we lost to on Saturday whilst playing in so many competitions. Let's be honest - even if we sell a few and get a few off the books like Hamza, Mendy, Morgan, Fuchs, Under et al, the list above (to get real quality in) I envisage - inclusive of some amazing scouting and value to be costing at a minimum of upward of £125 million... And we are not spending that. I guess it won't be about prioritising positions - it rarely is these days. It'll be more about working on getting targets on our list with what funds we have and is available - rather than being able to pick and choose a particular position. Maybe we can do some exciting loans, 'Under style' with some of those massive clubs who are struggling financially like Barca etc...

If we had a baller in KDH he’d have better stats in a lower league! The problem leocester have is after youri, ndidi, Praet there’s a big drop off in quality and I don’t think KDH is of there quality or inbetween what we already have. KDH has only been linked with loan moves to higher end championship teams. Leicester are trying to crack on for top six and I mentioned age because I don’t think KDH would want to sit on a bench at 23 years old. Ultimately Soumare and perhaps a player like Tavares from the academy should be in reserve for Leicester. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Nick said:

If we want to continue playing three at the back, it's okay having Big Dan to step in but we need a fourth CB who can play at the level of Evans Fofana and Soy. I genuinely think with all the comps this is a priority. I look at a player like Tarkowski and think it would be an amazing acquisition to sure us up and give us the depth in quality we need. We have full backs and wing backs that with the exception of perhaps Thomas can play left or right side if need be in Justin Ricardo and Castagne which means two players for each of those positions as well as KDH which sures up the back line with both depth and quality.

In front of them, if we think Perez's role will be the Madders stand in at 10 moving forward - we still require a left sided and right sided forward/wing - the right sided player needs to be a nailed on starting quality player as it seems unlikely it will be Under even if we do send him back and try to buy him at a snip which I have my doubts about.

Kelichi can play in a two but not IMO as a lone striker in a 4-1-4-1 so we still need a 'Vardy replacement/alternative' to fulfil this role though I recognise he can't be 'replaced' as such...

That leaves us needing Ndidi back up that's probably not Mendy and Youri back up as well - Not sure yet how if and where Tavares will/can figure in this conundrum being honest.

1 x CB

2 x Wide forwards

1 x No. 8

1 x holding DCM

1 x Striker

Now I don't think we'll be for a minute buying six players in terms of cash and the market climate in this window but that's my random (and probably said before) target if we want to be in the long term aiming to emulate and be competitive with anything like the side we lost to on Saturday whilst playing in so many competitions. Let's be honest - even if we sell a few and get a few off the books like Hamza, Mendy, Morgan, Fuchs, Under et al, the list above (to get real quality in) I envisage - inclusive of some amazing scouting and value to be costing at a minimum of upward of £125 million... And we are not spending that. I guess it won't be about prioritising positions - it rarely is these days. It'll be more about working on getting targets on our list with what funds we have and is available - rather than being able to pick and choose a particular position. Maybe we can do some exciting loans, 'Under style' with some of those massive clubs who are struggling financially like Barca etc...

We need a left footed CB if we are going to persist with 3 at the back, handy if they can fill in at left back too. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need a left footed CB if we are going to persist with 3 at the back, handy if they can fill in at left back too. 

Ideally, yeah but both Evans and Soy albeit being right footed can play as left sided CB's as was and is Maguire.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

1 x CB

2 x Wide forwards

1 x No. 8

1 x holding DCM

1 x Striker

1 x CB (Tarks) (last year of contract so should able to secure for a reduced price) 15m-25m

2 x Wide forwards (Thauvin free, Sowah back from OHL)

1 x No. 8 (KDH back from Luton) or Callum Mcgregor

1 x holding DCM ( Boubakary Soumaré) (last year of contract so should able to secure for a reduced price) or Callum Mcgregor 15m -20m

1 x Striker (Edouard) 15m-20m 

If think the interest in Mcgregor is his flexablity, being able to play 6, 8 and 10.  

Would be my take going on noises in the media, maybe looking at 50-60m, whihc would be are normal 20m net spend plus 40m CL money which mean we can bank some CL money.

Would be surpised if we spend more then 20m-50m without a major out going.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

1 x CB (Tarks) (last year of contract so should able to secure for a reduced price) 15m-25m

2 x Wide forwards (Thauvin free, Sowah back from OHL)

1 x No. 8 (KDH back from Luton) or Callum Mcgregor

1 x holding DCM ( Boubakary Soumaré) (last year of contract so should able to secure for a reduced price) or Callum Mcgregor 15m -20m

1 x Striker (Edouard) 15m-20m 

If think the interest in Mcgregor is his flexablity, being able to play 6, 8 and 10.  

Would be my take going on noises in the media, maybe looking at 50-60m, whihc would be are normal 20m net spend plus 40m CL money which mean we can bank some CL money.

Would be surpised if we spend more then 20m-50m without a major out going.

The sale of Perez and Choudhury could potentially fund up to 25 of that.

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think Praet is more likely to go than Perez, and would bring back more cash.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Surely no chance we would sell Perez? I'd be open to it for a decent return but he looks today like the B game Madders rest agent at the moment.