Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

19 minutes ago, teblin said:

Don’t think we will be selling Perez. Offers us cover in a few positions. 

I think you're most likely right but although he offers cover, he's rarely any good in any of them hence the need to get better. We'd likely take a huge financial hit and he'd perhaps be reluctant, as I bet he's on decent wages compared to a foreign purchaser. I don't see any other Premiership side being remotely interested in him.

50 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think Praet is more likely to go than Perez, and would bring back more cash.

47 minutes ago, Nick said:

Surely no chance we would sell Perez? I'd be open to it for a decent return but he looks today like the B game Madders rest agent at the moment.

To be fair its a buyers market this summer, I'd be surprised if Perez or Praet leave. 

I think Rodgers like both enough to keep them in the squad.

However I think Hamza days are numbered. 

• Like 3

Wasn't overly impressed with Soumare when we were initially linked. His stats on the surface don't seem overly impressive but when you look a bit deeper, he could be a real gem.

This illustrates what he can do: 

I'd still rather we went for someone like Aurelien Tchouameni, as I think an actual Wilf back up is more important than any other midfielder.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

If we had a baller in KDH he’d have better stats in a lower league! The problem leocester have is after youri, ndidi, Praet there’s a big drop off in quality and I don’t think KDH is of there quality or inbetween what we already have. KDH has only been linked with loan moves to higher end championship teams. Leicester are trying to crack on for top six and I mentioned age because I don’t think KDH would want to sit on a bench at 23 years old. Ultimately Soumare and perhaps a player like Tavares from the academy should be in reserve for Leicester. 

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Tavares is better than KDH at the moment. Soumare would be an incredible signing but Tavares has barely played any 1st team football at any level whilst KDH has 2 years of 1st team experience. Playing in league 1/championship is miles better for development than playing u23/u18 football which is all Tavares has done so far other than 1 start and the odd sub appearance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

Wasn't overly impressed with Soumare when we were initially linked. His stats on the surface don't seem overly impressive but when you look a bit deeper, he could be a real gem.

This illustrates what he can do: 

I'd still rather we went for someone like Aurelien Tchouameni, as I think an actual Wilf back up is more important than any other midfielder.

Excellent that, Tielemans also appears on those which gives us a great reference to Soumare's qualities.

Put Soumare in a three with Ndidi and Tielemans and they are all different players with different skill sets and would compliment each other so much. Really brings 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-1-2 into play as formations or any two from three as one rests.

• Like 1

Soumare also comes in very handy during the AFCON (especially as Mendy now playing for Senegal)

Likewise Eduoard for Iheanacho and another CB for Amartey as Fuchs and Morgan will more than likely have gone by then 😢

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair its a buyers market this summer, I'd be surprised if Perez or Praet leave. 

I think Rodgers like both enough to keep them in the squad.

However I think Hamza days are numbered. 

I think the evidence on Praet and Rodgers says just the opposite.  But irrespective if Praet decides to push for a transfer the club will have a very hard time forcing him to stay.

No way Rodgers gets rid of Perez. He seems one of his favourite players. Praet will probably go as will one of Mendy or Hamza. With Under going back to Roma and Morgan & Fuchs retiring, we'll probably have more out goings then players coming in.

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Blackpool mate of mine reckons Jerry Yates is a clone of Jamie Vardy. Probably not a player we'd look at but seems to score almost every game at the min.

I do think that the best strikers have a natural instinct. At 24 he's probably pushing it a bit but I have no problem with us looking at lower leagues again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Tavares is better than KDH at the moment. Soumare would be an incredible signing but Tavares has barely played any 1st team football at any level whilst KDH has 2 years of 1st team experience. Playing in league 1/championship is miles better for development than playing u23/u18 football which is all Tavares has done so far other than 1 start and the odd sub appearance. 

No evidence at all! KDH is a tidy footballer. We don’t need tidy footballers. We need to increase the quality in depth. And you always have a couple of academy players in the squad. The two mentioned more than KDH ever was are Thomas and Tavares. Also we have Sowah, but again like in CM we need to add one quality winger ie Thauvin or Trincao as well as having Sowah as a squad option. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think Praet is more likely to go than Perez, and would bring back more cash.

I'd let both go, as neither are strong enough for a top 4 team. Praet for all his talent he has never managed to earn a place in the first 11.

We need someone with a more pace and a physical presence, to play on the left side of Youri with Wilf on the right.

Then I'd get someone with more pace and skill than Perez to support the Front line..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, happy85 said:

KDH is a baller and more advanced than Tavares . 

we have a superstar in KDH

Just 4 years older  and still not playing  for Leicester city  first team  😂😂😂😂,  its tielemans same age of ĶDH ?

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

Just 4 years older  and still not playing  for Leicester city  first team  😂😂😂😂,  its tielemans same age of ĶDH ?

You portuguese by any chance? 

Atleast KDH is playing for A first team, Tavares isn't even playing for our reserves (U23). 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think the evidence on Praet and Rodgers says just the opposite.  But irrespective if Praet decides to push for a transfer the club will have a very hard time forcing him to stay.

What's your evidence that Praet isn't happy?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2