Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
majaco

Transfer targets ongoing

Message added by Mark,

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Especially as he was a Monchi pick and he is considered the best talent spotter in world football by many.

Under was considered one of the best young talents in Europe about three years  ago and has lost his way. On the evidence we have seen Under probably had a couple of really good years but the reality is that he isn’t that good. 

Like Kramaric you mean?😳

18 hours ago, Gerard said:

Especially as he was a Monchi pick and he is considered the best talent spotter in world football by many.

Under was considered one of the best young talents in Europe about three years  ago and has lost his way. On the evidence we have seen Under probably had a couple of really good years but the reality is that he isn’t that good. 

It doesn't really surprise me he was considered full of potential at some point. Occasionally you could see a bit of direct ability but it feels like his development sort of abruptly stopped there. He can carry the ball, run at players, ie stuff that gets fans excited. Unfortunately there was nothing after that. Not helped that our main RB has been injured and we've needed somebody reliable on that right side. Between Albrighton or Under it's not much of a debate imo. Plus I can't say his Tweet while at Roma ever endeared him to me tbh. 

Soy going nowhere. Prices we would ask will put everyone off this transfer window. The pandemic has put a squeeze on even the big boys and money is tight. 

I’ll cover my boxers in melted chocolate and eat them if we sell any of our main players this summer. Could see Hamza going and a few others, but none of our main stars. 

This isn't in the media but a mate who has links to Celtic FC reckons that we are towards the front of the queue for Karamoko Dembele. He is out of contract in the summer and leaving on a free from the Celts. Apparently all sorts of clubs are linked to this kid (Barca, Real etc) who apparently refused loans this season and is winding down his contract.

If you Youtube him, he looks like Messi LOL. I'm not saying he is any good as I know little about him but apparently he played for the England u-18s the other day and scored. If there is any meat to this bone, It will be a decent signing for the u23s.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Analysethis said:

This isn't in the media but a mate who has links to Celtic FC reckons that we are towards the front of the queue for Karamoko Dembele. He is out of contract in the summer and leaving on a free from the Celts. Apparently all sorts of clubs are linked to this kid (Barca, Real etc) who apparently refused loans this season and is winding down his contract.

If you Youtube him, he looks like Messi LOL. I'm not saying he is any good as I know little about him but apparently he played for the England u-18s the other day and scored. If there is any meat to this bone, It will be a decent signing for the u23s.

I'd be amazed if this didn't happen. We're the perfect club for him, has worked with Rodgers before and is related to Kolo Toure.

4 hours ago, Analysethis said:

...I am shocked you know nothing about him!!!

As has been mentioned before his size appears to be an issue and according to @Muzzy_Larsson he has been overtaken by younger players and has not had the game time from Lennon. 

Rumoured recently to be going to PSG if I recall and as he is about to become a free agent it would be a no brainer for us to have picked him up. He looks special and there would be a sell on opportunity even if we have him for a short while and things not working out. 

Should he grow and kicks on, we will have one hell of a player on our hands.

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be amazed if this didn't happen. We're the perfect club for him, has worked with Rodgers before and is related to Kolo Toure.

Still got my suspicions this will happen also, particularly as his brother also plays for Peterborugh an hour up the road.

The only thing I think may make him recitant is he's been quite clear he doesn't want to go and play reserve/U23 football anywhere. That's a large part of the reason he's leaving Celtic, lack of opportunities. He doesn't look ready for SPFL football yet so he'd be lightyears away from even making the bench at Leicester I reckon. I'd imagine he'd maybe be reluctant if he was signed on the premise of being an under 23 player.

It's a catch 22 for him really as he needs to realise his level at the moment and that is he's not ready for first team football yet and he probably actually needs 12-18 months of regular reserve ort lower level football preferably to have any chance of developing. Had he went out on loan when he's had the chance he may have made the jump already.

The specualation up here the last few months has been Ajax and Lille are the frontrunners. I'd imagine the pathway to first team football at both would be a less tough nut to crack than at Leicester.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Still got my suspicions this will happen also, particularly as his brother also plays for Peterborugh an hour up the road.

The only thing I think may make him recitant is he's been quite clear he doesn't want to go and play reserve/U23 football anywhere. That's a large part of the reason he's leaving Celtic, lack of opportunities. He doesn't look ready for SPFL football yet so he'd be lightyears away from even making the bench at Leicester I reckon. I'd imagine he'd maybe be reluctant if he was signed on the premise of being an under 23 player.

It's a catch 22 for him really as he needs to realise his level at the moment and that is he's not ready for first team football yet and he probably actually needs 12-18 months of regular reserve ort lower level football preferably to have any chance of developing. Had he went out on loan when he's had the chance he may have made the jump already.

The specualation up here the last few months has been Ajax and Lille are the frontrunners. I'd imagine the pathway to first team football at both would be a less tough nut to crack than at Leicester.

If we signed him we'd almost definitely send him out on loan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Rodgers and his team seem to be very good at getting young players feeling integrated in to the set up. I'd imagine they'd be telling him that they'd want a few months pre-season with him and to try and get him a loan in to the Championship or even to replace Sowah at Leuven.

Him going to Lille or Ajax won't offer him any better opportunity of 1st team football. Look at the amount of wingers and attackers Ajax have. They have to loan or sell several a season, its nuts.