Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Harvey Barnes in the England Under 21s at the European Championship 2021?

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Why is it called u21 when Barnes is 23.

So if you’re under the age threshold by the time the tournament starts then you are eligible to play in the whole tournament. 

• Thanks 2

Whilst I understand why people may not want Aidy in that role, I totally disagree .He is a FANTASTIC coach and brilliant with young players. Criminally underrated and his management career in the league was purely results driven. The way he managed clubs in the football league is totally chalk and cheese as to how he operates for england. You’re not going to get an eg Eddie Howe to go do that role. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Just further evidence that to get an international career in England you have to be at a preferred club. 

I cannot imagine any other nation bumping a player like Barnes to the U21s. 

Not sure I agree, I don’t think he’s ready for international football yet. Still so raw and makes some poor decisions although he is improving rapidly. Realistically Rashford Grealish Foden Sancho Maddison Sterling all ahead of him for those 3 attacking positions behind the striker (formation dependent) at the moment, so why not bump him down to the 21’s for a big tournament? Great experience for him, brilliant addition to the squad for the 21’s. There were a lot of very good players at the last 21’s euros so it shouldn’t be some sort of insult that Barnes might be there and it’s hardly a shocking decision. 

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Does that include qualification stages then?

I believe so friend. It used to be that anyway. Reading a bit more into it, it now seems the player must be 21 or under at the beginning of the year that the qualifying campaign starts. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

‘Aidy and Gareth are terrible managers, their tactics are crap and couldn’t manage a piss-up in a brewery’

;)

CA1EDEC7-C586-4D00-B450-2D35F0F70CDF.png

lol 

I always love this one haha. Like Rodgers calling out the ref last night, he's not a ref so he should keep his opinions to himself.

Not even surprised any more, England wont win anything if we keep employing yes men like southgate. The obvious bias towards the "b*g 6" players is incredible. Mount ahead of both grealish and maddison is absolutely criminal. And you just know had JJ been fit the likes of trippier would have the nod ahead of him.

30 minutes ago, Foxy harry said:

Not even surprised any more, England wont win anything if we keep employing yes men like southgate. The obvious bias towards the "b*g 6" players is incredible. Mount ahead of both grealish and maddison is absolutely criminal. And you just know had JJ been fit the likes of trippier would have the nod ahead of him.

To be fair Trippier was decent for Atletico this season before his suspension. Likes of AWB / Reece James / Chilwell would have been unfairly selected ahead of JJ though.

1 minute ago, Out Foxed said:

if you think they are decent managers then you definitely don't 

your response makes you look foolish not anyone else 

What are you on about, your first sentence doesn’t even make sense 🤡

Edited by TJB-fox

6 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

whilst this is annoying and stupid, why the hell is Boothroyd still anywhere near our U21's

Because he has similar photo negatives as Beaglehome has.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

To be fair Trippier was decent for Atletico this season before his suspension. Likes of AWB / Reece James / Chilwell would have been unfairly selected ahead of JJ though.

In fairness I've not watched large amounts of la liga so havent seen much of him, always rated him as more of a wing back than in a back 4 which is where he plays at Atletico I assume. The other 3 much better examples