Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

39 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I've said before that our matchday threads must be entertaining as hell for neutrals. It's essentially Paddy Power's fan denial section on acid.

And profitable. Selling outrage, anger and division is a billion dollar business for Facebook and Twitter. Mark’s sitting on a goldmine.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

And profitable. Selling outrage, anger and division is a billion dollar business for Facebook and Twitter. Mark’s sitting on a goldmine.

Be careful what you wish for there's loads of stuff on here copied from other sources I'm sure we'd end up the losers if this ended up be done.

Of course you could be being sarcastic.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Be careful what you wish for there's loads of stuff on here copied from other sources I'm sure we'd end up the losers if this ended up be done.

Of course you could be being sarcastic.

It’s a serious joke, davie.

”Pre-match over-reactions brought to you by St Martin’s Coffee Shop”.

“You‘ll never believe these seven things pissed-up LCFC fans said about Luke Thomas”

Content is king.

Adverisers would love it. You could track lcfc fans around the web, show them images of Mahrez and Dennis Wise, then sell them stress dolls, punch bags, anti-depressants. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

I find the majority of pundits in mainstream media just say the same media accepted soundbites regarding Leicester, they don't actually have much insight at all, it is very frustrating to watch.

I feel that because the majority of the pundits, or co commentators are almost always from a greedy 6 club, they don't have much interest or knowledge about a less greedy clubs unless, they either have some affinity for them, or played for them.

Pundits like Jamie Redknapp, haven't got a clue about Leicester, where as Leon Osman I always find informative if I had to give examples.

Redknapp's literally one of the worst. Absolutely nicking a living because he's a bit of a lad. Garbage pundit.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

He still thinks we're good at corners and play counter-attacking footbal.

A sky 4 player can have a good 15 mins and all of sudden they’re world class but it takes 3 seasons at Leicester for them to even to be considered decent, does my head in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

A sky 4 player can have a good 15 mins and all of sudden they’re world class but it takes 3 seasons at Leicester for them to even to be considered decent, does my head in.

I don’t particularly rate most pundits views on us but Fofana was rated as borderline world class by the media after about 3 games for us. I don’t think we’re as hard done to by the media as some seem to think. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Yes said:

I don’t particularly rate most pundits views on us but Fofana was rated as borderline world class by the media after about 3 games for us. I don’t think we’re as hard done to by the media as some seem to think. 

This is true, however it will then be followed by.... "A big club will be in for him soon" or "He wont be at Leicester for long" its lazy & sadly predictable, it comes across that they continue to see Leicester as upstarts who are seemingly fluking their way into the top tier of clubs, and ruining it for traditionally successful clubs like Arsenal, when in reality, clubs like Arsenal in the past 10 years have been unable to recruit to the same level consonantly as Leicester.

Pundits like Alan Smith (who has no affection for us at all) will try and verbally flog him off to any of the greedy 6.:frusty: Here we go again lol

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

I've said before that our matchday threads must be entertaining as hell for neutrals. It's essentially Paddy Power's fan denial section on acid.

They were brilliant. Are they still going? 

8 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

This is true, however it will then be followed by.... "A big club will be in for him soon" or "He wont be at Leicester for long" its lazy & sadly predictable, it comes across that they continue to see Leicester as upstarts who are seemingly fluking their way into the top tier of clubs, and ruining it for traditionally successful clubs like Arsenal, when in reality, clubs like Arsenal in the past 10 years have been unable to recruit to the same level consonantly as Leicester.

Pundits like Alan Smith (who has no affection for us at all) will try and verbally flog him off to any of the greedy 6.:frusty: Here we go again lol

Also, Leicester signing soumare will be because Ndidi is off but if it were arsenal or tottenahm it would be ‘adding squad depth’

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

We're seen by the ESL6 as their Elite Academy where we test out whether players are up to PL standard.

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Also, Leicester signing soumare will be because Ndidi is off but if it were arsenal or tottenahm it would be ‘adding squad depth’

If LCFC continue to win against the financial odds, media stakeholders will have to start promoting the club like they would Arsenal for example, because you can not ignore the success of Leicester & the failure of Arsenal, Spurs and to a lesser extent this season Liverpool. 

There's a reason Leicester are finishing in the top 4, because on the pitch, we are producing results... that cant be argued against.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, davieG said:

We're seen by the ESL6 as their Elite Academy where we test out whether players are up to PL standard.

I believe they see us a something far more terrifying, competition & showing them up... heads inevitably will role from important jobs because £ for £ we are achieving more than they are.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-guardiola-leicester-man-city-5416595

Pep Guardiola has named Leicester City as potential challengers to Manchester City's Premier League crown.

Leicester helped Man City clinch the 2020-21 title earlier this week by beating second-placed Manchester United 2-1 at Old Trafford.

Guardiola has now won three Premier League titles since arriving at the Etihad Stadium - and eight major trophies in total.

The Spaniard will be hoping to add to that later this month as they gear up for a Champions League final against Chelsea on May 29.

But he is already looking ahead to next season and who are likely to be the teams to watch.

Guardiola has been impressed by Leicester, who are currently third in the table and battling to secure a top-four finish, having narrowly missed out on the final day of last season.

Guardiola 'the best manager in the world' - Klopp
"Arsenal will be better next season, and we'll see which manager Tottenham are going to take, but the quality is there with the players they have," the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss told Sky Sports.

"And of course - look at Leicester again. People said last season when at the end they could not achieve the Champions League, this season they will drop, they will drop. Look at them. They are third, fourth and fighting for the Champions League again.

"And of course, (you also have) Chelsea, United, Liverpool."

Guardiola added: "Every season, I have the feeling since I arrived in England, every season is getting more difficult, is getting more complicated, and tougher.

"That's why we cannot stop. We have to reinforce the team and (get) a better team for next season."

Guardiola also reflected on the moment this season's title was clinched - as goals from Luke Thomas and Caglar Soyuncu gave Leicester victory over United on Tuesday evening, giving Man City an unassailable lead at the top.

"The night was nice when we were champions and Leicester won at Old Trafford," he said. "We had a celebration here in our bubble at the training centre, we drank, we danced, we laughed.

"We have good guys in the backroom staff who created a good environment in the party, so we celebrated that night. It was perfect and the day after, back to business.

"I told my players to celebrate but to stay focused on the three Premier League games and in every training session.

"We do what we have to do because it is the best way to prepare for the final of the Champions League, and after we have the final we will take a break and find the best way to think about next season."

My niece goes to a school less than a mile from the City Ground. All her classmates support Leicester City.

I’m pleased for Wes and glad it will piss off Rooney because of the wagatha christie crap but locally it’s not good for us in my opinion.

Who would of thought it Leicester fans all over Nottingham

• Like 3

See a lot of fans over on the Chelsea forums hating var for the offside stating something that close should be left alone.  But let's be fair, If you look where the lines were drawn he's probably almost a foot offside which is plenty. 

• Like 2