Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

12 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

See a lot of fans over on the Chelsea forums hating var for the offside stating something that close should be left alone.  But let's be fair, If you look where the lines were drawn he's probably almost a foot offside which is plenty. 

To be fair a number of them

ate saying we were the better team, expressing congratulations and acknowledging VAR got it right. 

19 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

See a lot of fans over on the Chelsea forums hating var for the offside stating something that close should be left alone.  But let's be fair, If you look where the lines were drawn he's probably almost a foot offside which is plenty. 

Actually think the linesmen will be annoyed he didn’t spot it, however long distance passes and always the hardest for them to spot

Just a general comment / warning on national coverage, I generally boycott tabloids but as with the league win wanted to gather a few for the archives today. Going through them what has surprised me is the duplication, literally the same journalist and same report in two of them and the same player ratings with descriptions in all four, sourced from a freelance or something? WTF? I was genuinely interested in what four different reviews would make of the game and got that. I may buy a couple of broadsheets on Monday but on the whole it was a lesson for me, I gather that some of them come from the same publishing houses but literally using the same photo's, same write up, same ratings, is a p*** take. In this age it will be much more productive to go around the internet cutting and pasting, I could get a dozen examples in minutes doing that.

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

Just a general comment / warning on national coverage, I generally boycott tabloids but as with the league win wanted to gather a few for the archives today. Going through them what has surprised me is the duplication, literally the same journalist and same report in two of them and the same player ratings with descriptions in all four, sourced from a freelance or something? WTF? I was genuinely interested in what four different reviews would make of the game and got that. I may buy a couple of broadsheets on Monday but on the whole it was a lesson for me, I gather that some of them come from the same publishing houses but literally using the same photo's, same write up, same ratings, is a p*** take. In this age it will be much more productive to go around the internet cutting and pasting, I could get a dozen examples in minutes doing that.

Probably because they are part of Reach

We are Reach, home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. Our brands are as varied as you and the stories we cover, that’s just how we like it. From the Mirror and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive, DublinLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), there is something to discover for everyone.

List of Reach Brands

https://www.reachplc.com/our-newsbrands

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

Probably because they are part of Reach

We are Reach, home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. Our brands are as varied as you and the stories we cover, that’s just how we like it. From the Mirror and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive, DublinLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), there is something to discover for everyone.

List of Reach Brands

https://www.reachplc.com/our-newsbrands

Yet the Mirror got beaten to a story about a friend of mine called Wembley Lester by the Sun despite the Mercury publishing it already

5 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Just out of interest which tabloids were they?

15 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

To balance out people being dicks - here’s a lovely one.

27C8262D-1837-4092-BF4E-E4DA6880473A.jpeg

Brilliant. It was moving. And it'll go down as one of the greatest cup finals. 

2016 was special and I didn't think anything would ever come close again. 

40 minutes ago, brucey said:

Just to follow up on @fazzyfox's comment, the Mail may be a total arserag of a paper in general, but their weekend sports section is excellent, there's usually at least one big interview on a Saturday and Martin Samuel's stuff is usually solid.

Don't read it myself, I'd rather staple my eye sockets to the wall, but me mam buys it each weekend for the telepage because she still lives in the past so i still dip my toe now and again while trying to ignore the rest of it. lol

Dad used to pick up the S*n and Mirror on Saturdays and I never quite understood why - they're two sides of the same garbage coin and their sports coverage is over-rated.

Beyond that, there's barely a fagpaper between them nowadays unless, like you said, you plan to dip into the broadsheets. Grandpa used to buy the Sunday Times and they had a good sports pullout, but can't really vouch for any of the others.

Edited by OntarioFox

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Hahahahaha how have I only just seen this. 

Before the season started this numpty had it all wrong. 

@UpTheLeagueFox I hope you're playing this back to him since Saturday, regularly :D

Second season in a row we've finished above Spurs and the mighty Arsenal. 

I don't know how often @UpTheLeagueFox is on air with Adrian Durham but you should remind him of this throughout the whole summer :D

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Anyone that ever asks "how will they cope without Ben Chilwell" is either on the wind up or an idiot. 

Given its talksport you can probably surmise pretty accurately. 

Idiots on the windup?

1 minute ago, eblair said:

chris sutton has grown on me so much 

his interview with about his dad and dementia was really moving

i think his comments about leicester were relatively tongue in cheek

I’ve noticed the last few games he’s co-commentated on us he’s been much more balanced and even complimentary about us.

Fair play to him.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

@UpTheLeagueFox I hope you're playing this back to him since Saturday, regularly :D

56 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We also lost Ricardo Pereira to an injury that has essentially meant he's not played for over a year and he was ten times the player Chilwell will ever be and we've just won a cup final and are 3rd in the league.

I know it's their job but don't they have an ounce of respect for themselves? 

• Like 1