Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hahahahaha how have I only just seen this. 

Before the season started this numpty had it all wrong. 

@UpTheLeagueFox I hope you're playing this back to him since Saturday, regularly :D

5 hours ago, Koke said:

I don't know how often @UpTheLeagueFox is on air with Adrian Durham but you should remind him of this throughout the whole summer :D

I may tag him in this tweet at the end of the season, let's see how the next two games pan out first.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I complain about Rodgers being pragmatic, but watching Ancelloti's football would make me want to blow my brains out. Horrible manager.

Bit harsh to call him horrible considering his CV. 

Just now, Koke said:

Bit harsh to call him horrible considering his CV. 

True, let me change that to horribly boring manager :D

No idea what he used to be like to be honest, but his Everton team is pathetically defensive considering the available talent.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Koke said:

“That roar heard in London Saturday was the sound of English football getting off its knees … that goal seemed to carry a greater resonance than a goal to win a big football match usually does.  This was the afternoon when our game could finally look to the future again, and it felt more liberating than anyone could have expected.”

Is this the new narrative?  From belittling or ignoring us, straight to turning us into the Saviors of your national sport.  Promising deliverance to the huddled masses isn’t the same at all as writing a charming fairy tale.

Once they’ve built you up that high, it never ends well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

Garth's team of the week.

1227787100_Screenshot_20210517-130325_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.79758a2af26213216d7f8e6620be4081.jpg

Cags was great, but Fofana was out of this world.

How do you watch that game and pick Cags before Fofana? :blink:

You can only do it if you’re Garth. It sort of signposts his utter lack of any knowledge. The bloke is a grade A tool. 

Just now, srex9 said:

Stop the celebrations! They appear to be quite upset 😂

I think the first one is my favourite. He complains that we've spent just as much as Chelsea have in the last two years... deliberately ignoring that last year Chelsea had a transfer ban (for you know, cheating) so all their spending was literally in the last summer window. And then he suggests we wouldn't have signed up for the ESL when we were the only club to vote against PPV. Such a ****ing weirdo.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Does anybody care about being a theoretical 'big 6' club anyway?  That made up Sky bollocks to sell more packages is exactly the reason why the ESL was attempted.

I hope Leicester can grow as a club but hope we never hold any other club to disdain like these entitled sets of 'Billy Big Bollocks 6' willy pullers do. 

The Big 6 was pushed as something as a special elite club to be part of, now that same tag is used as an insult and to sneer at lol We are the anti-big 6 and people love us for it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Everton's hate boner for us continues  

Remember when they were “doing a Leicester” this season , predicated on winning a couple of games at the start of the season . I think the wheels came off early in September as usual 

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The Big 6 was pushed as something as a special elite club to be part of, now that same tag is used as an insult and to sneer at lol We are the anti-big 6 and people love us for it! 

Sky are as bad as anyone for pushing it. Jones, Carragher and Neville the biggest hypocrites going.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Does anybody care about being a theoretical 'big 6' club anyway?  That made up Sky bollocks to sell more packages is exactly the reason why the ESL was attempted.

I hope Leicester can grow as a club but hope we never hold any other club to disdain like these entitled sets of 'Billy Big Bollocks 6' willy pullers do. 

:appl:

Couldn't agree more. There are 92 clubs within the Professional League Pyramid and countless others below that. Every club means something to someone, somewhere. The clubs that wanted to break away were essentially prepared to start a cartel to steal football from the very people that invented it! I want Leicester to be successful, but never at the cost of becoming a team like one of those. 

That final was everything right about football, in it's purest form. One of the paper's back page headline was "Fairy Tale 2" which summed it up perfectly for me. What a magical day it was, and if you look at the reaction from 95% of fans around the country, they all enjoyed it too. 

Cup wins like ours, Wigan and Portsmouth were much more special and memorable than Man City spanking yet another team in the final. 

20210516_092729.jpg

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I'm enjoying the kind of fluid rivalries we seem to establish with the teams around us on an annual basis.

Everton feels like the one at the moment, largely because their fans are salty at us acheiving what they were expected to do with their manager and two or three years of spaffing cash. It's the first one since the title season that's genuinely felt like it has a bit of edge to it. Scousers gonna Scouse. :thumbup:

Before that, there was maybe a bit of it with Wolves too when we were both in and around the Europa spots. It was more good-natured though - a bit of a mutual respect thing, a bit like with West Ham this season. Respecting the fact that we were both in there upsetting the established order.

And going back, the Tottenham stuff was classic. And still is, even if we've managed to rise above seeing them as direct rivals for the time being. Feels a bit like kicking someone when they're down at this point. :fishing:

Before that, Watford. That's another one that's turned friendly over the years, though I guarantee you'll still find a chunk of their fanbase that would bring up Deeney Day at the drop of a hat. Don't blame 'em to be honest - it was a classic moment, and probably the last time it truly felt like the football gods were consipring against us. :whistle: Looking forward to Vicarage Road next year, it's a good away day!

And I guess you have to go back even further to find a time when the East Midlands rivalries actually mattered. It seems like an age ago now, and that's because it was - we haven't played Forest, Derby or Cov regularly for nearly ten years now.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2