Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

6 hours ago, casablancas said:

“This side (Leicester) is set up-to counter attack” **** off Redknapp you incompetent fool. 

These clowns are paid big money to sit in Sky and BT studios to spout that utter nonsense. Counter attacking team? Are we in 2017? ****ing state of our football media in this country. 

On 01/05/2021 at 02:44, Koke said:

These clowns are paid big money to sit in Sky and BT studios to spout that utter nonsense. Counter attacking team? Are we in 2017? ****ing state of our football media in this country. 

It's Harry Redknapp. Everything he does is a fiddle, con, or cheat for money. 

He's crooked as they come. Expecting journalistic standards from him is like expecting the scorpion not to sting. He's there to feather his nest. That's all. 

Jurgen18 (@Jurgen181) Tweeted: @_PaulHayward Get to **** 😂

They were given a hand in so many games.  Favours galore from officials.  Sounds like sour grapes as a Spurs fan but I think most were saying it at the time.  A lot of luck, a lot of decisions for them.  But yes also a lot of great football and great footballers. https://twitter.com/Jurgen181/status/1389666124309073924?s=20

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Found him!

Can someone post the clip a couple of weeks back when the spurs fan rang in 606 and claimed they were the third biggest club in the world. Sutton just laughed all over him before ripping in lollollol 

edit. I think he was invited on to play one of their games, makes it even funnier.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/05/newcastle-united-players-who-would-get-in-this-leicester-city-team/

OPINION
Newcastle United players who would get in this Leicester City team

I was thinking, which Newcastle United players would get in this Leicester City team?

Clearly Leicester have got a far better team, the Premier League table doesn’t lie.

Friday night’s match sees third top against fourth bottom, enough said.

As for comparing the two managers…don’t even go there.

I was interested to just go through and see which Newcastle United players would make it into a best eleven of the two squads…

Goalkeeper

Kasper Schmeichel

Obviously I rate Martin Dubravka and he wouldn’t let anybody down whoever he plays for.

However, hand on heart, you still couldn’t put him in ahead of Schmeichel who has done it year after year, including winning the title.

Full-backs

Ricardo Pereira, James Justin, Luke Thomas, Timothy Castagne

This is not even worth talking about.

The likes of Pereira, Castagne and Justin are real quality players. Do Newcastle United have even one good full-back / wing-back?

We have some honest tryers at Newcastle but Steve Bruce has paid £15m for Jamal Lewis and he can’t even get a game ahead of some very average players. If / when Ritchie leaves, he is going to a Championship club.

Centre-backs

Jonny Evans, Caglar Soyuncu, Wesley Fofana

An area where Newcastle have the most strength in depth but if we are honest, they are much of a muchness. Plus, difficult to ignore the fact that only three Premier League clubs have conceded more than NUFC up to now this season.
All three of the Leicester players listed above are better quality than anything Newcastle have, harsh but true.

Central midfielders
Youri Tielemans, Wilfred Ndidi, Nampalys Mendy, Hamza Choudhury

An embarrassing no contest.

To compare Tielemans and Ndidi to Jonjo Shelvey is just painful. Even Isaac Hayden, very popular with Newcastle fans but also very limited. Does a job and tries hard but also levels below the Leicester options.

Attacking midfielders
James Maddison, Harvey Barnes, Marc Albrighton

Allan Saint-Maximin is the name that obviously springs to mind. However, when you look at Harvey Barnes with nine goals in just 22 PL starts this season, directly involved (goals and assists) in 27 goals in 46 PL starts these past two season, Maddison directly involved in 36 goals in 85 PL starts these past three seasons, ASM’s six goals and eight assists in the PL these past two seasons don’t come close.
Maybe under a different manager who knows, you can the same to an extent about Almiron. The negative tactics employed by Steve Bruce make it so difficult for flair / attacking players at Newcastle.

Strikers

Jamie Vardy, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ayoze Perez

Callum Wilson is a good striker but Jamie Vardy one of the very best. You would have to say as well that Iheanacho is now showing he is very good and would also get into a team ahead of the Newcastle striker. As for the claims of Joelinton, Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle…

Summing up

Looking at the complete picture, I can’t see a single Newcastle player getting into a combined team of the two squads.

Leicester City have bought consistently well, yes they will have the odd signing that doesn’t work out but that happens to all clubs.

A sobering thought as well that Steve Bruce has been allowed a net spend of over £100m on transfers in his four transfer windows, in the same four windows Brendan Rodgers has had a net spend of £18m on transfers.

The combined talents of Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce have spent more on Joelinton than Leicester have done on any of their players.

In the recent game against Burnley, Joelinton was the only Steve Bruce signing in the starting eleven, on the bench seven of the eight outfield players were Bruce signings. These last three matches after Burnley, only two Steve Bruce signings have started each one. That is after the NUFC Head Coach has been allowed to make 14 permanent and temporary signings since he arrived two years ago.

The whole set-up at Newcastle United is so amateurish and nowhere more so than player recruitment, nobody even knowing who is the main man making many of the signings – Ashley, Charnley, Nickson, Bruce…?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/05/newcastle-united-players-who-would-get-in-this-leicester-city-team/

OPINION

I was thinking, which Newcastle United players would get in this Leicester City team?

Clearly Leicester have got a far better team, the Premier League table doesn’t lie.

I was interested to just go through and see which Newcastle United players would make it into a best eleven of the two squads…

Goalkeeper

Kasper Schmeichel

Obviously I rate Martin Dubravka and he wouldn’t let anybody down whoever he plays for.

However, hand on heart, you still couldn’t put him in ahead of Schmeichel who has done it year after year, including winning the title.

Full-backs

The likes of Pereira, Castagne and Justin are real quality players. Do Newcastle United have even one good full-back / wing-back?

We have some honest tryers at Newcastle but Steve Bruce has paid £15m for Jamal Lewis and he can’t even get a game ahead of some very average players. If / when Ritchie leaves, he is going to a Championship club.

Centre-backs

An area where Newcastle have the most strength in depth but if we are honest, they are much of a muchness. Plus, difficult to ignore the fact that only three Premier League clubs have conceded more than NUFC up to now this season.
All three of the Leicester players listed above are better quality than anything Newcastle have, harsh but true.

Central midfielders

To compare Tielemans and Ndidi to Jonjo Shelvey is just painful. Even Isaac Hayden, very popular with Newcastle fans but also very limited. Does a job and tries hard but also levels below the Leicester options.

Attacking midfielders

Allan Saint-Maximin is the name that obviously springs to mind. However, when you look at Harvey Barnes with nine goals in just 22 PL starts this season, directly involved (goals and assists) in 27 goals in 46 PL starts these past two season, Maddison directly involved in 36 goals in 85 PL starts these past three seasons, ASM’s six goals and eight assists in the PL these past two seasons don’t come close.
Maybe under a different manager who knows, you can the same to an extent about Almiron. The negative tactics employed by Steve Bruce make it so difficult for flair / attacking players at Newcastle.

Strikers

Callum Wilson is a good striker but Jamie Vardy one of the very best. You would have to say as well that Iheanacho is now showing he is very good and would also get into a team ahead of the Newcastle striker. As for the claims of Joelinton, Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle…

Summing up

Looking at the complete picture, I can’t see a single Newcastle player getting into a combined team of the two squads.

Leicester City have bought consistently well, yes they will have the odd signing that doesn’t work out but that happens to all clubs.

A sobering thought as well that Steve Bruce has been allowed a net spend of over £100m on transfers in his four transfer windows, in the same four windows Brendan Rodgers has had a net spend of £18m on transfers.

The combined talents of Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce have spent more on Joelinton than Leicester have done on any of their players.

In the recent game against Burnley, Joelinton was the only Steve Bruce signing in the starting eleven, on the bench seven of the eight outfield players were Bruce signings. These last three matches after Burnley, only two Steve Bruce signings have started each one. That is after the NUFC Head Coach has been allowed to make 14 permanent and temporary signings since he arrived two years ago.

The whole set-up at Newcastle United is so amateurish and nowhere more so than player recruitment, nobody even knowing who is the main man making many of the signings – Ashley, Charnley, Nickson, Bruce…?

Brutally honest assessment from them - countless reasons why they need to get rid of Ashley and Bruce

13 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Brutally honest assessment from them - countless reasons why they need to get rid of Ashley and Bruce

Player recruitment is essential for on field success. They have made 1 signing in ASM who would interest better teams than NUFC. That is a sad return on £100 million spend.

It however isn't the fault of Ashly for once, he is the owner of the business, he employs people to create budgets and hire & fire, I'd suggest they need to look towards their Director of Football, Their Head of Recruitment and their scouts, before looking at Bruce in this regard.

• Like 1

If we were going to go back to playing 4231 or 433 then I think ASM would at very least deserve a run. Superficially, he'd get in the team but then most of us would have said the same about Under. ASM has even more dubious decision making than Under and it'd probably wind Rodgers up. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If we were going to go back to playing 4231 or 433 then I think ASM would at very least deserve a run. Superficially, he'd get in the team but then most of us would have said the same about Under. ASM has even more dubious decision making than Under and it'd probably wind Rodgers up. 

Christ. If we had ASM playing, the match threads would need a bloody 18 certificate    lol

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Christ. If we had ASM playing, the match threads would need a bloody 18 certificate    lol

Yeah, he's dynamite entertainment but he'd stress out so many of our fans it's unbelievable. 

• Like 1

On 04/05/2021 at 18:08, urban.spaceman said:

Found him!

Haha never get tired of that 😂

The guy trying to justify his nonesense by bringing up when they played Leicester, and Robbie just shouts over him, "they beat you 1-0 Robert Huth header". 

3 hours ago, davieG said:

OPINION

Goalkeeper

Kasper Schmeichel

Full-backs

Centre-backs

Central midfielders

Attacking midfielders

Strikers

Summing up

If we owned Saint-Maximin I think we'd play the 4-2-3-1 with him on the right, Barnes on the left, Maddison in the middle and Vardy up top.

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If we owned Saint-Maximin I think we'd play the 4-2-3-1 with him on the right, Barnes on the left, Maddison in the middle and Vardy up top.

I think a lot of this would depend on how coachable Rodgers found him to be. I think his talent is there but sometimes he makes some bonkers decisions and his end product suffers. Bit like Under. 

Rodgers has shown he'd rather play less flashy guys like Sharky and Perez who listen and graft. 

Definitely think a well coached ASM willing to work hard and listen would be superb. 

I'm a bit late to the party, but I took a look at Garth Crooks' 'Who Scored' XI, out of morbid curiosity more than anything. I was expecting to see Evans in there and was not disappointed.

It was a paragraph of how great Southampton were, followed by 'oh but Evans scored' then a line about how, if Brendan goes to Tottenham, he should 'take him with him'. :whistle:  I 'aint linking to that garbage but it's easy enough to find on the Beeb sports page for anyone that wants to laugh with indignation.

He's the next one we're gonna have to keep our eye on. Media's already tried to sell him back to Man Utd. and now Spuds. lol

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

:dunno:

First Tweet she says "I'm not sure there's any better way to spend your morning in football" as in to interview Jamie Vardy.

Second Tweet she pokes fun at the Red Bull stories saying from now on she is going to write all her stories this way! :beer:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

I'm a bit late to the party, but I took a look at Garth Crooks' 'Who Scored' XI, out of morbid curiosity more than anything. I was expecting to see Evans in there and was not disappointed.

It was a paragraph of how great Southampton were, followed by 'oh but Evans scored' then a line about how, if Brendan goes to Tottenham, he should 'take him with him'. :whistle:  I 'aint linking to that garbage but it's easy enough to find on the Beeb sports page for anyone that wants to laugh with indignation.

He's the next one we're gonna have to keep our eye on. Media's already tried to sell him back to Man Utd. and now Spuds. lol

Thats worth 10 rep points for that section alone, an excellent tragic but true synopsis of his joke of teams of the week.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, davieG said:

Someone's been reading Foxestalk

Leicester fans with astonishing comments after losing 4-2 to Newcastle United

17 SECONDS AGO

Leicester fans have been keen to talk about what they watched on Friday night.

However, I doubt very much whether Brendan Rodgers and his players will be wanting to listen / read what they have to say.

Some Quite astonishing comments (see below) from the Leicester fans, leading me to have to actually check the Premier League table and who is playing in the FA Cup final next weekend.

The odd voice or reason but the over the top, often vicious, comments are intriguing, especially when you are looking from the outside.

Leicester are playing in the FA Cup final and are currently fourth in the Premier League with three games to go, five points clear of West Ham who have a match in hand.

Newcastle had won four of twenty five games (all competitions) before Friday night, Leicester fans had seen their team lose only four of their last twenty four PL matches.

Indeed, in their last nine games (all competitions), Leicester had won six and drawn one, only losing two.

Leicester fans commenting via their Foxes Talk message board:

‘Rodgers has been schooled by Bruce. Rodgers out, Bruce in!’

‘First time I’ve ever been embarrassed to call myself a Leicester fan.’

‘About 5 players starting tonight that I wouldn’t be sorry to sell in the summer.

Most talented team we have ever had but they have absolutely nothing about them. Fancy pants Instagram posers the lot of them.’

‘I hate losing. However, it happens sometimes. I absolutely hate losing when we do so because we lack effort and application. It’s a cliche but we didn’t show up today. It was a cowardly performance.’

‘Sometimes you just come up against a team too good, with a manager who’s too smart, and a desire for 16th place that’s just too much to match.’

‘That was a f.cking disgusting performance.

‘I’ve been saying for a while now that fans should not expect players to share the same heart as we do for our club. We saw that tonight. All of us would have played selflessly and put our bodies on the line and risked not playing at Wembley to put a crucial three points on the board tonight. What we saw instead was a bunch of employees in our colours looking not to put too much in just in case they might miss out next week. There were no guts tonight.’

‘I did not enjoy that.’

‘Another 5 minutes and we’d have had them.’

‘Absolutely gross. That just shows exactly what we are, pretenders. When it comes to the crunch, we never, ever turn up.’

‘Embarrassing. Disgraceful. Disgusting.

That’s Champions League football gone. Again.

Shameful.’

‘If Evans is out until after after FA Cup final we might as well wrap the season now and not bother getting on the coach. That is all.’

‘We’re Leicester, not Arsenal, and this is the Premier League where anybody can beat anybody. We have no right to expect. Having said that, we were sh.t.’

‘Should give the under 23s the chance to play at Wembley and drop this shower.’

‘Absolute horror show from the team tonight especially Ndidi and Soyuncu.

Bottling it again and Rogers should have gone 433 after 10 minutes. Total bottle job from him too.’

‘Maddison is a disgrace, get in your Lamborghini and p.ss off to Coventry.’

‘So disappointing!Showed disrespect to Newcastle and they punished us!’

‘I might be in a minority but I would like to see the back of many if that were to happen again. Couldn’t give a toss if it drops us down the table. 5th means nothing. Europa League is a waste of time and resources.’

‘Angriest I’ve been during a game in ages. Made Newcastle(!) look like world beaters.’

‘Vardy, when you will start scoring ? Probably we need new “vardy” because existing is old guy.’

‘Poor showing for 80 minutes.

Perez made the difference.

Some major overreactions in the match tread.

We’ll go again, just a cr.p night at the office with a bit of on-field game management missing.

Maddison, Ricardo and Vardy don’t look right though.’

‘The thing is as much as I’d love to finish top 4, this side has shown time and time again that when the sh.t hits the fan we crumble.

It’d be great to be called a European club and all that, but is there any point if you’re just going to throw it all away when the going gets tough?’

https://www.themag.co.uk/2021/05/leicester-fans-with-astonishing-comments-after-losing-4-2-to-newcastle-united/

It says at the bottom - Author Jackie Smithfield...should she not have given us all credit as she just plagiarised us!

• Haha 2

I don't see a lot in there that is wrong- I'm sure Newcastle fans were delighted when they were near the top of the league and thrashed by a struggler with very little complaint afterwards.

I remember a time when Newcastle reached a European semi-final, were still in Champions League contention and deserted their team on a lap of appreciation after a crap result in their final home game.

Fans being pissed off is nothing new, despite success and progress.

• Like 1

I didn't see the match and when I saw the result I didn't bother reading the post match thread. Absolutely unsurprised by the cringeworthy comments.

• Like 4