Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

If Durham said what he actually believed, TalkSPORT wouldn’t pull half the listeners it does. He click baits basically, goes fishing and people bite. 

He’s a “troll” in the loosest term of the word and people fall for it. I don’t mind listening to him, as you know he’s pushing conversation to ignite debate and people pick up it, listen to it, debate it themselves (like we are). 

I liked Chilwell here personally, however appreciate we got an inflated price and we haven’t missed him. Life goes on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Hahahahaha how have I only just seen this. 

Before the season started this numpty had it all wrong. 

@UpTheLeagueFox I hope you're playing this back to him since Saturday, regularly :D

I have to say, in the way we missed out on champions league, the extra European games, not signing a striker and the injuries we had, I thought a top ten finish would be good. We have had an astonishing season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sly said:

If Durham said what he actually believed, TalkSPORT wouldn’t pull half the listeners it does. He click baits basically, goes fishing and people bite. 

He’s a “troll” in the loosest term of the word and people fall for it. I don’t mind listening to him, as you know he’s pushing conversation to ignite debate and people pick up it, listen to it, debate it themselves (like we are). 

I liked Chilwell here personally, however appreciate we got an inflated price and we haven’t missed him. Life goes on. 

TalkSPORT exists to generate calls from angry listeners. That's its business model. Durham is its prize asset because he generates those calls better than anybody else. I'm sure he's paid very well to do so.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

There’s some really weird anti-Leicester folks always hanging around the Guardian comments. 

Irrelevant media in modern Britain 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 16/05/2021 at 08:31, Happy Fox said:
Replying to and
Agreed! I still consider us, as in #nffc as being the best club in the East Midlands, but we are in the lower league, and can’t get past 4th round??? Come on Forest, sort it out! However well done #lcfc

Is she talking about the 80s again 🤣🤣 she considers them the best of the east Midlands well I can't stop laughing

• Like 2

I'm genuinely baffled that we won the FA Cup for the first time in our history and the first thing some of you did was go and see what the Forest fans thought about it. 

Exhibit A on why this thread is a cancer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, TK95 said:

All the pundits that predicted to lose on Saturday lol

Ian Wright said Chelsea would win at a canter.

Let's prove them all wrong again on Tuesday :scarf:

Ian Wright said he thoughts we’d win

• Like 4

From Garth Crooks 

Garth Crooks' team of the week: Schmeichel, Egan, Alli, Torres - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57138415

Crooks Of the Matter section quite complimentary about us... 

I would like to offer my congratulations to Leicester after they won the FA Cup on Saturday. Their Premier League title is the greatest achievement in the club's history but winning the FA Cup must be a close second.

An awful lot has happened to this football club over the past 10 years, not least the loss of their chairman in a tragic helicopter accident.

I was touched that Kasper Schmeichel, their man of the match, said after the game that Leicester players had a special way of paying tribute to their former owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, revealing: "We have a picture on the inside of our shirts so he's always with us." What a tribute.

I watched Brendan Rodgers go to great lengths to make sure that Vichai's son, Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, joined in the post-match celebrations.

A Manchester United fan turned to me and said, as if in pain: "Why can't we have that relationship with our owners?" It was at that point it dawned on me that football clubs are nothing more than extended families. You all share in the joy and the pain together.

There can be no detachment between the owners, fans or players. Which is why the prospect of English clubs joining the now failed European Super League was so preposterous. It drove a wedge between their fans and their owners.

Leicester City are a football family in every sense of the word. In the same way Manchester United were under Louis Edwards, Arsenal were under Peter Hill-Wood and Tottenham Hotspur were under Sidney Wale.

They were men who had a deep sense of duty to their community and loyalty to their fans. In fact you didn't need fans on the board because they were fans themselves. Leicester City didn't just win the FA Cup on Saturday, they reminded us just how a football club should be run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I can't believe you gave the Daily Mail a page view. 

I'm a different man these days.

I rarely draw cartoon penises on the backs of dirty cars or anything.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Vacamion said:

Garth's team of the week.

1227787100_Screenshot_20210517-130325_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.79758a2af26213216d7f8e6620be4081.jpg

Cags was great, but Fofana was out of this world.

How do you watch that game and pick Cags before Fofana? :blink:

It was for the week so includes game/goal vs Man United

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lcfc cowboys said:

Is she talking about the 80s again 🤣🤣 she considers them the best of the east Midlands well I can't stop laughing

Haha we have won two league cups, fa cup and PL title in the last quarter of a century... what have forest done?