Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Nope :)

7F641673-CF63-48AD-9F93-328CDEF162CC.jpeg

TBF, If you are in his shoes, youd want to go somewhere youre going to get a game ;)

Leicester.. "you are welcome here Harry, but ,, yknow...Vards >>> Nacho>>>>Harry"

Edited by ozleicester

10 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

1962089955_Screenshot2021-05-17at15_12_17.thumb.png.401d4559548fd0b1246ea306421d76a7.png

1177320589_Screenshot2021-05-17at15_13_38.thumb.png.b92a5212661f401c807bbdb4994eb3e8.png

955228323_Screenshot2021-05-17at15_14_31.thumb.png.420e27bf0553d9df94818e3f1613c457.png

1698661836_Screenshot2021-05-17at15_15_48.thumb.png.c64fba6a01602dc352263fd71dc2f6a3.png

1848839580_Screenshot2021-05-17at15_16_45.thumb.png.3cdd122d04156d67f79dabffd6ba93f2.png1848839580_Screenshot2021-05-17at15_16_45.thumb.png.3cdd122d04156d67f79dabffd6ba93f2.png

1029717912_Screenshot2021-05-17at15_17_08.thumb.png.e458a7e0e1687435b0c4c1ed6129e364.png

7 hours ago, adam95581 said:

I would definitely agree with that summary - "shit and lazy". 

A crude summary of the 2nd half of that...

• Our rise is down to us breaching FFP
  • The Leicester story isn't a fairytale because we are owned by a Thai family and the Thais have a "questionable human rights record" and may have monopolized the duty free market
  • Rodgers should go but he won't just yet
  • Fofana should go but he won't just yet
  • They can't keep finding good replacements forever

Zero insight. 

As much as most of these commenters are talking shite (especially about the financial management part, I'd bet our net spend/loss is much lower than other comparable clubs in the Prem) it would be nice to have a legit refutation to the bit in bold here regarding King Power and Thailand rather than just dismissing it out of hand, because an argument can be made that Thailand does have a poor human rights record backed by its military and King Power do have a part in business over there that might be considered unethical.

I'm hoping there's a good counterargument purely to shut these planks up in a legit fashion.

19 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As much as most of these commenters are talking shite (especially about the financial management part, I'd bet our net spend/loss is much lower than other comparable clubs in the Prem) it would be nice to have a legit refutation to the bit in bold here regarding King Power and Thailand rather than just dismissing it out of hand, because an argument can be made that Thailand does have a poor human rights record backed by its military and King Power do have a part in business over there that might be considered unethical.

I'm hoping there's a good counterargument purely to shut these planks up in a legit fashion.

Dear me why do you do this? Why can't you let us just enjoy basking in the sunshine of the success of winning the FA Cup for the first time.

Why do people have to tear it down and rip it apart a s soon as it's made, I just don't get it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Dear me why do you do this? Why can't you let us just enjoy basking in the sunshine of the success of winning the FA Cup for the first time.

Why do people have to tear it down and rip it apart a s soon as it's made, I just don't get it.

I'm sorry man, I feel pretty shite doing it, but I'd rather be able to bounce these pricks back with reasoned argument right away rather than letting what they say stand and other people start taking them seriously. Which is why I'm looking for a watertight counterargument.

• Like 1

Had a butchers at the forums of Forest, Cov and Derby last night.

Predictably the most venom towards our win coming from the lot down the M69. Forest a lot more open in their dislike of us than usual and Derby was just weird seeing them say how happy they were for us.

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Had a butchers at the forums of Forest, Cov and Derby last night.

Predictably the most venom towards our win coming from the lot down the M69. Forest a lot more open in their dislike of us than usual and Derby was just weird seeing them say how happy they were for us.

Not surprised by Cov. They've lost the one stick they had to beat us with :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont think the offside was even that tight :dunno: people keep going on about it but before VAR the same media outlets would be giving the linesman all kinds of stick for missing that in a cup final. 

I don't have an issue with VAR and offside, to me it probably is the one area of the game where is black and white. Other areas where it's being used i'm open to debate.

Yes you can argue about the minutia of decisions, but if we had waited 52 years for that decision to go against us on Saturday, would you be happy and just willing to accept it. All this talk about killing the game etc that would have probably killed me!

24 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I dont think the offside was even that tight :dunno: people keep going on about it but before VAR the same media outlets would be giving the linesman all kinds of stick for missing that in a cup final. 

Pre-VAR I think everyone would have rightly said 'he's level, give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker'

But he was, technically, offside. Rightly or wrongly, that's how VAR and offside works nowadays so Chelsea can't really have many complaints. 

Also, in the pre-VAR era, he could have been a yard off, they score and the flag stays down. Afterwards the media just simply shrug and say "well you get some decisions, you don't get others" - but that would have been a much larger injustice than the Chilwell offside shoulder we actually got. 

This is what is missing from the VAR-Offside debate - scoring from an offside position has been eradicated from the sport and that, overall is a huge benefit. 

I may be in the minority but I want us to be a big club. Football is about becoming bigger and better and winning stuff. I don't want us to stagnate and remain the size we are. I want our revenue to double so our rivals are Arsenal and Spurs, not West Ham and Everton. I want our stadium capacity to get bigger. I want regular CL football. Yes, with it comes lots of "plastic fans" (hate that term) and lots of entitlement bit that's a price I'm willing to pay. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Pre-VAR I think everyone would have rightly said 'he's level, give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker'

But he was, technically, offside. Rightly or wrongly, that's how VAR and offside works nowadays so Chelsea can't really have many complaints. 

Also, in the pre-VAR era, he could have been a yard off, they score and the flag stays down. Afterwards the media just simply shrug and say "well you get some decisions, you don't get others" - but that would have been a much larger injustice than the Chilwell offside shoulder we actually got. 

This is what is missing from the VAR-Offside debate - scoring from an offside position has been eradicated from the sport and that, overall is a huge benefit. 

I watched the game on Iplayer the day after and I thought he looked off tbh, add in there's a pretty clear strip of grass between the ridiculously thick lines they feel the need to put on for people at home rather than the thin ones they actually use. I dont think it was a 'hair width' or marginal but offside enough that it should be spotted by a man watching across the line. 

16 minutes ago, Livid said:

I don't have an issue with VAR and offside, to me it probably is the one area of the game where is black and white. Other areas where it's being used i'm open to debate.

Yes you can argue about the minutia of decisions, but if we had waited 52 years for that decision to go against us on Saturday, would you be happy and just willing to accept it. All this talk about killing the game etc that would have probably killed me!

No more disappointed than I would be if a linesman put his flag up :dunno:

Unless you mean if it hadn't have been given off? In which case I'd have been fuming. Absolutley fuming. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

36 minutes ago, Koke said:

I may be in the minority but I want us to be a big club. Football is about becoming bigger and better and winning stuff. I don't want us to stagnate and remain the size we are. I want our revenue to double so our rivals are Arsenal and Spurs, not West Ham and Everton. I want our stadium capacity to get bigger. I want regular CL football. Yes, with it comes lots of "plastic fans" (hate that term) and lots of entitlement bit that's a price I'm willing to pay. 

How do you quantify a big club?

9 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

How do you quantify a big club?

Good question. Maybe I should rephrase it as "I want us to be a bigger club" as in continue to grow.

• Like 2

For me I am happy with the club we have become. I take a lot of pride that we have over the past 5 years overachieved considering the expectation taking our revenue into account.

I can only see more success, by this I mean top 6 finishes, cup success, European trips, and more bargain signings (Soumare & Edouard)... I also see us sadly growing by selling a big player of ours for ridiculous money, but not this summer. I think the development of the club, needs to be done in steps, we are 60% the way through to becoming lets say a big world brand, I dont personally care about this... I dont care if we can sign £100 Million pound players, I much prefer being the bargain finders.

I would prefer more recognition on merit for our football, rather than just saying we will slip up at some point which seems the majority of the media can say... 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Good question. Maybe I should rephrase it as "I want us to be a bigger club" as in continue to grow.

I want us to be even more successful and get over the line here and there. I do not want us to EVER become like the Big Sux. I don’t think we will. 

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

I want us to be even more successful and get over the line here and there. I do not want us to EVER become like the Big Sux. I don’t think we will. 

Yes I want us to be a bigger club, challenging for and winning trophies and titles. But not like the greedy six. I want us to do it with the heart and soul we already show.