Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

12 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

In all fairness to lewis, he was outstanding in his debut, absolute shit every game after.

12 hours ago, foxile5 said:

It was 5 Loan games, inclusive of an impressive debut, where he looked like he could do a capable job. 

It turned to rat shit the moment he signed permanently. 

4 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I was at his debut game and thought we’d signed an absolute gem. 

Think he came off the bench first at Southampton and then made his full debut against Chelsea at home.

We beat them 2-0 and Lewis was sensational, threading intricate passes in between Chelsea's expensive superstars, making them look tinpot.

Flew to America the next day to see some Leicester mates, was breathlessly telling them all about this gangly kid we'd signed who was the real deal, top class.

Came home, watched him again, had to readjust my opinion ever so slightly lol

• Haha 1

On 17/07/2021 at 13:37, urban.spaceman said:

"Instead of saying cheese I'll just think of that time I had McArthur in a headlock"

E6at1V3WQAgBhgt?format=jpg&name=medium

Good grief. Only just seen this. 

Is he on a rocking chair? 

He's just missing a posh walking stick and a wolf's head on the wall behind him! 

21 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just for some added perspective on breaking into the Top 6 / Top 4 I did a quick analysis of the last 33 seasons and the 'Big 6' (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Spurs).

That timeframe gives us a total of: 198 Top 6 places and 132 Top 4 places. In the last 33 seasons:

• 140 out of 198 Top 6 places went to a 'Big 6 club'. 71%
  • 108 out of 132 Top 4 places went to a 'Big 6 club' 82%
  • Even looking at the last 20 years instead, it's 97/120 Top 6 places, or 81%
  • And 76 out of 80 Top 4 places, or 95%
  • Only 1 time in the last 16 years running has a non 'Big 6 club' finished in the top 4 - us when we won it!

Top 6 places.png

I've said before and I'll say it again - what we're trying to achieve (break into the Top 4) is pretty much unprecedented - and even more so because we're not just chucking Billions at it!

Really interesting seeing it laid out like that.

But it does show that there is fluctuation in the top 6 and things do change:

Chelsea only had 1 top 6 finish before 96/97 & became pretty much consistent from then.

Man City only had 2 top 6 finishes before 09/10 & haven't dropped out since.

Spurs were pretty much nowhere with only 4 top 6 finishes in those 21 years before 09/10. Since then, they have broken into to top 4 6 times but have dropped out altogether now.

It has only really been since that 09/10 season we've had this current emergence of the big 6. Everton, Villa, Leeds & Newcastle all had multiple appearances before then.

But it was that period after Chelsea had spent their way in & before Man City & Spurs joined when we had 4 Champions League places, and the same top 4 year after year: I thought we were stuck with the Big 4 of Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool & Chelsea. Apart from Everton pipping Liverpool in 04/05, that was the top 4 from 03/04 to 08/09, and I couldn't see that changing.

I think it was breaking that dominance was really the big shake up, and it was caused by Man City's billions, Liverpool dropping away for a while and Spurs having some good years.

But by definition, the big 6 is easier to infiltrate as they can't all have Champions League money every year, and there is more chance of one of them having a down year or period, and I think we are already seeing Arsenal and Spurs dropping away - and we could potentially be back to a regular top 4 with Man City having replaced Arsenal from the previous period.

I think Les-TA-Jon has it spot on when starting by analysing the big 6 but concluding that it is really those top 4 places that are the real mountain to climb. Its not unprecedented as Man City have done it by spending billions and Spurs have managed to do it somehow. After the last couple of years' near misses and our record of improving year on year, I'm hopeful we can do it this year & break up those same names in the Champions League places for the 2nd time in 17 years! :scarf:

• Thanks 1

Taken from the Forest forum Ltlf

Yes,Forest and Derby are now firmly the poor relations of East Midlands football due to decades of neglect
and appalling management-not withstanding how Leicester manoeuvred themselves into their current position by
some dodgy practices.

Have they announced plans to actually pay for it this time?

Sad isn't it?

They not only have the wealth of the TV deal, but pad out their wallets with income from hotel and conference facilities.

Who's bumped this fred??

Puts me off me larrup they do, the cheating robbing jammy bastuds.

I think our friends are a little upset with our expansion lol

10 minutes ago, dayday said:

Yes,Forest and Derby are now firmly the poor relations of East Midlands football due to decades of neglect
and appalling management-not withstanding how Leicester manoeuvred themselves into their current position by
some dodgy practices.

Sad isn't it?

They not only have the wealth of the TV deal, but pad out their wallets with income from hotel and conference facilities.

Who's bumped this fred??

Have read the whole thread I love the comments I couldn’t care less about Leicester, why comment then, 

one poster said are success is because we cheated local businesses out of millions (mate we had years of boring football and a league 1 campaign before our recent success) 

The dopes used to have fawaz day, fawaz who didn’t pay staff!

28 minutes ago, dayday said:

some dodgy practices.

Sad isn't it?

Who's bumped this fred??

I mean let’s ignore the fact we were crap and got relegated before any good fortune started to go our way lol Absolute turnips

Edited by Fox in the North

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

It blows my mind that any of you are even bothering to look at what Forest fans think tbh.

Who cares.

When I was a kid, they was winning European cups etc and rammed it down our throats how insignificant we was.

I like the fact it’s gone full circle, we’re ones gloating now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dayday said:

some dodgy practices.

Sad isn't it?

Who's bumped this fred??

I thought they didn’t care? 

I certainly don’t. 

34 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Lucky escape?

Anyone else remember years ago when Dominik Diamond filmed a documentary of him getting crucified in an Easter ceremony in the Philippines? But he bottled it at the last minute and the whole caboodle was never broadcast. 

Or was I totally out of my head at the time and imagined it?