Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

46 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Not sure if this was shared but the agenda continues 

Screenshot_20210731-201827_Facebook.jpg

Who cares , we’ll get a player trying his best and running his socks off only for someone like Man U to pay us a fortune and end up with a player who’s got nothing left to prove. 

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

But we need to progress, 4th place will keep our stars and allow us to bring in young stars.

We are at risk of stagnating and then dropping, because we can't meet the aims of our superstars.

4th is a pipe dream, we don’t have the budget. Keeping up what we are doing now would be a minor miracle!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

4th is a pipe dream, we don’t have the budget. Keeping up what we are doing now would be a minor miracle!

Yeah I fear the grumbling if we don’t make top 6.

I think this season will be very competitive and it could be just a few points separating 5th-7th.

• Like 3

On 29/07/2021 at 18:16, Finnegan said:

I dunno, I like to think the original point of the original thread was articles about Leicester. 

A thread with a collection of interesting articles about the club is a pretty cool idea. 

A pissy collection of Foxestalk's most insecure, inferiority complex man-children getting angry at pundits that don't like us or obsessing over what fans of other clubs have said on social media is a long way off that. 

It’s kind of a part of football though? I don’t feel any genuine hate for any club, but I love the rivalry. 

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

100% this. 

We've had two insanely brilliant seasons.

Two fifth places and the FA Cup ... bloody dreamland for old stagers like me!

I dunno… those Pleat years were golden :D

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I think of we couldn't achieve 4th Brendan would go.  Like I've said top 6th would be amazing.

However the players we have will want what Brendan wants, we are at risk of losing our talent.

5 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think of we couldn't achieve 4th Brendan would go.  Like I've said top 6th would be amazing.

However the players we have will want what Brendan wants, we are at risk of losing our talent.

We will lose talent even if we get champions league, because we will not do it all the time on our budget and we can’t pay people £300k a week.

Not trying to be defeatist its just reality, aiming high is fine, as fans getting upset if we finish 6th or 7th, not so much. 

We are ahead of where we probably realistically thought we would be as a club. All we can keep doing is trying improve (on and off the pitch) but when Man U etc can pump £80-100m on one player, they are capable of improving quicker than us.

• Like 2

United just spent £100m on a player. Chelsea could get Haaland and Man City could get Kane. We are up against some of the biggest spenders in the world. Another 5th place finish would be excellent. We just gotta keep Spurs and Arsenal at arms length. 

We're gonna get Champions League by winning the Europa League anyway. 

• Like 1

On 31/07/2021 at 21:18, Strokes said:

Yeah I fear the grumbling if we don’t make top 6.

I think this season will be very competitive and it could be just a few points separating 5th-7th.

That’s ok, because we won’t be finishing 5th-7th. We’re winning it……..ALL. 

We can't just rock up and get top 4. We can get more points than last season and finish 6th or 7th.

What we can do us take advantage when the "big 6" slip up. Arsenal and Spurs had a bad season last season, we took advantage. That's all we can do position ourselves to take advantage of the opportunities presented to us. It's what we did in 2016 and in the FA Cup last season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

My favourite is the one who says the tackle on Fofana was "tough but fair". Can only assume it was Nino's mum

Yes, I noticed that and the comment underneath had been removed by the moderators for failing to meet the standards.... :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, orangecity23 said:

I like the comment about copying Wolves "Nuno had a dream" chant. Why is that a problem, it's not like they need it anymore anyway lol

Perhaps Wolves own it and have copyright or something. Bruno had a dream? 

• Haha 1