Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

41 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

The SuperMega League gimp clubs should pipe down a bit. We haven’t forgotten.

Mostly folk have though. I said at the time that people needed to be angry and not let that one united protest be the flash point. 

It's been swept away. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

So can someone explain to me why we are so bad at corners? :dunno:

Because we don't seem to have many players good at attacking the ball.

Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu got 3 goals between them,they miss a lot of decent chance especially Fofana 

35 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

So can someone explain to me why we are so bad at corners? :dunno:

Seems to me that Maddison is told to concentrate on hitting the ball low and at pace rather than looping but with accuracy. This means the cross gets to its intended target much less often but, if it does, it is statistically more likely to end up in the goal should an attacking player get contact on it.

16 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Seems to me that Maddison is told to concentrate on hitting the ball low and at pace rather than looping but with accuracy. This means the cross gets to its intended target much less often but, if it does, it is statistically more likely to end up in the goal should an attacking player get contact on it.

Since when has he ever done as he's told?

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Because we don't seem to have many players good at attacking the ball.

Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu got 3 goals between them,they miss a lot of decent chance especially Fofana 

Walsh and Taggart could teach them a thing or to. Always chaos in the opposition box from corners.

4 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

He’s trying to swing them in with a lot of pace, up and down, if he gets it right it’s one hell of a ball as any contact with an attacking player and the pace means it flies into the net without the player having to do much other than getting contact. 

However it’s a difficult skill to strike the ball like that with great accuracy, he should vary his corners, but I guess the fact he keeps trying means he backs himself regardless of the groans from the crowd which isn’t a bad trait.

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The Cheems meme a few posts up is just perfect for Arsenal. Has any club lost respect faster and harder than they have? I thought for a time it'd be good for them to get back to challenging for the league as they are historically a very important club, but at the moment I have nothing but contempt for their fan base. I know social media isn't totally representative but living in London their fans are ****ing awful, never met a more deluded, clueless-about-football bunch. 

26 minutes ago, bovril said:

The Cheems meme a few posts up is just perfect for Arsenal. Has any club lost respect faster and harder than they have? I thought for a time it'd be good for them to get back to challenging for the league as they are historically a very important club, but at the moment I have nothing but contempt for their fan base. I know social media isn't totally representative but living in London their fans are ****ing awful, never met a more deluded, clueless-about-football bunch. 

I watched that game in Cape Town surrounded by Arsenal fans. They're the same all around the world. 

30 minutes ago, murphy said:

I stopped by the West Ham forum to see what they think of Matheus Pereira SInce we are both linked anf was surprised to find this thread, On Comparisons With Leicester:

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=180811&sid=13978e885966e8b30b49d7adf74ba8e4

A lot of ommissions, misinterpretations and inaccuracies from OP.  To save you a visit I've posted it below.

Tbf most of the WH fans were quite complimentary in response.

On comparisons with Leicester

Getting tired of hearing how **** we are and how effing brilliant Leicester are in the market, so sorry mods this is a long one
2015/16 Leicester somehow won the league and got a cash windfall of est 60-70m adding in the champs league. Well done them. What did they do – sell kante for 30m.

2016/17 Reinvested 70m on 
Kapustka 7.5mil. played 2cup games. Couple of loans before free transfer to legia 2020. Spunked 7.5m + 4 yrs wages. 
Slimani 29 mill. Played 15 games. Few loans before free transfer to Lyon 2021. Spunked 29 mill + 4yrs wages.

Ndidi 14 mil. Played 150 games and 7 goals in 4½ seasons. Done ok but as the kante replacement, its Snoddy for Payet a la Leicester.
Maguire 17 mil. This one they got very very lucky on.
Then there are what we would call shivaddhanaprabbha specials, likes of Hughes, Thomas, Zeiler who managed 8 games between them before disappearing on loans and being sold for free.

As a result of all this wise investment they finished 12th

2017/18
Chelsea for some stupid reason donated 35 mil for Drinkwater. Leicester went big and spend 104 m
Iborra 12,5 mil. Played 20 games in 18 months before being flogged to villareal for 9 mil.
Silva 22 mil. Played 10 games loan for 2 seasons and then sold for 6 mil.
Pereira 21,8 mil. Average 24 games a season and chipped in with 5 goals in 4 years
Maddison 22,5 mil. 30+ games/season and 21 goals. This was a no brainer. But they will sell him.
Iheanacho 25 mil. OK player that’s started 44 games in 4 yrs! 52 apps as a sub. Lot of money and big wages for a substitute. 
The shivaddhanaprabbha specials this season include Jakupovic Diabate and Benkovic who like their predecessors managed 8 games between them before going out on loan and disappearing on freebies.

The 104 mil investment saw them rise to the giddy heights of 9th.

2018/19
Sold their best player Mayrez for 60 m
Sold Musa 14,5 mil. Who theyd bought for 16,6 mil. In 2015. He played 7 games for his 3 yrs wages.
Sold Iborra 9 mil. Who theyd brought as above for 12,5 mil.
89mill in they go big again 114m out
Ward 12,5 mil. Has never played a league game.
Ghezzai 12,5 mil. Played 8 games been loaned out ever since. 
Soyunca 19 mil. Started 57 games over 3 years

Perez 30 mil. Started 41 games + 17 sub over 3 years
Tielemans 40 mil. 69 games 9 goals
They still finished 9th

2019/20
Man utd donate 80 mil. For Maguire. Leicester make one purchase 
Proet 18 mil. Has played 22 games in 2 yrs.

As a result of getting rid of flathead and not wasting so much of the money Leicester rise to 5th

2020/2021
Sell one of their own. Chelseas turn to donate 50 mil. For Chilwell
Buy Castagne and fofana for 55 mil. Rodgers signings which hes used for 27 games each

End of season still 5th 1 point more than useless West Ham 

2021/22
So far spent 50 mil on Daka & Soumare. well see how it goes 
(btw Gray just been sold to everton by Leverkausen. Leicester paid 5.1 m sold for 2. M)

Summary
Despite flogging their best players for 340 mil in 5 years and the bomus 60+mil from winning the league the ciub debt actually increased to 162 mil + additional reported 74 mil for the last year. Come covid while our hated owners put their hands in their pockets and provided 30 m in a new share issue the adored shivaddhanaprabbha provided an extra 30 mil in interest baring loan. All Leicesters debt is interest baring. majority to king power. They also pay directors fees to their esteemed owners. Leicester city have the highest wage bill after the big six. As a percentage of turnover their wages are by far the highest in the prem. The 157 mil they spent on wages alone 2019/20 was more than their income. The only time in modern history a prem club has spent more than 105% of turnover on wages was QPR under Fernandes, that didn’t work well. And yes that’s the same Fernandes some people wanted at West Ham. They won the cup, so did Wigan. As a business model all they’ve done like Wigan is spend more than they’ve earnt and in many cases on such crap they make Pellegrini signings look good. There is nothing clever or special about Leicester City or their owners. They are and will remain little Leicester. We are West Ham, we have our faults but less slagging off please. Don’t compare the two clubs and ignore our good signings and their bad ones If anyone of you really think Leicester are so great go post on one of their websites they’ll be happy to double their membership.

And no I don’t want to debate this further nor do i wish to see Leicester City praised on this thread ever again

It’s literally impossible to get every transfer exactly right. Otherwise you’d have a squad of 11 very happy players who play every minute and win everything. Think our fans too forget that when criticising fringe players as failures sometimes.

Difference is our recruitment has been brilliant for nearly a decade to take us from mid-table in the Champ to Europe while West Ham have had one good season with recruitment to get from mid-table to just above mid-table.

• Like 3