Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 3

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
1 hour ago, Blue ROI said:

We had 2 almost identical times of horrific signings with Taylor and Claudio.

I don’t remember Taylor signing anyone as good as Ndidi, or Claudio signing anyone quite as bad as Junior Lewis!

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Luis Hernandez is probably up there, as was Benoulane 

Hernandez was (is?) a regular La Liga/Liga 2 player.

The only person in football who didn’t think Junior Lewis was a non-league footballer was Peter Taylor. He’s the only person who ever signed him outside of a non-league club.

Benny was actually good for about 85 mins of a game. Guaranteed to cost you with a mad five mins though.

Edited by when_you're_smiling

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

There was a questionnaire for fans of every league club that included the question "Who is the worst player to ever play for your club?" Not only was Lewis nominated our worst ever, but he also appeared as another club's - Stevenage's. Junior Lewis was on a whole other planet of bad.

There are players that come to a club and are out their depth, cant make the step up, and there are some that simply are not good enough. Then there are those that are simply woeful or just goddam useless.

Junior Lewis was all of those rolled into one. The worst player I have ever seen in a professional team (and some amateur ones for that matter.) 

I have played against better players on the park in the veteran's league.

Compared to him , Perez is like messi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

Neither were anywhere near as bad as Junior Lewis was. Did you see him play? 

See him play ?  I still have nights where I wake up screaming, my heart racing and feeling like I want to scratch my own eyes out rather than physically ever having to watch this aberration of a footballer again , a player who was paid actual money to appear on a pitch in a Leicester shirt. For this single act alone I can never forgive Peter Twatlor for his putrid management of our club.

And breathe ………..

31 minutes ago, urban fox said:

There are players that come to a club and are out their depth, cant make the step up, and there are some that simply are not good enough. Then there are those that are simply woeful or just goddam useless.

Junior Lewis was all of those rolled into one. The worst player I have ever seen in a professional team (and some amateur ones for that matter.) 

I have played against better players on the park in the veteran's league.

Compared to him , Perez is like messi.

He was so pleased to sign him too. Ready made replacement for Neil Lennon.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2206098/taylor-completes-lewis-signing

Screenshot_20210726-223107_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Rain King
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Rain King said:

At the time i heard that his agent plucked a ridiculously high wage demand out of the air . Thinking we'd negotiate him down and Taylor panicked and got the board to agree to pay it .

We ended up paying 22k a week and i  heard he would've signed for less than half that . :rolleyes:

Junior Lewis, was a Damn Legend & decent player....

HE must of been, every season, none -stop, so far deep into 2021,

10 years past leading into our best ever years right Slam Dunk in the Middle of our golden era...He still gets a Good mentions every week..

Like King Dick, being found under  a NCP...Junior remains will be found scattered  around in a space-lab, or an ex players foxes-tour, 

in a presumed lost on  one of Richard-Bransons Space-Expedition jaunts, recorded as a previous failed missions to mars...

And all your Grankids,will shouting his praises..because their Granddads, created a martyre & legend...

I mean he must be,the old gits Never did stop fking  yapping  on about him...Must of been in the Vardy,Tielemans,Mahrez,Barnes mould...:scarf:

Then there was hattrick..0-9 goal Perez, boy what an hero..He became our very own El-Cid..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

And taylor ensured gillingham got their 150k the useless ****.

In all fairness to lewis, he was outstanding in his debut, absolute shit every game after. It was like he thought, we’ll I can’t beat that performance I’ll quit now, just forgot to stop putting his boots on. 

Just now, Vlad the Fox said:

In all fairness to lewis, he was outstanding in his debut, absolute shit every game after. It was like he thought, we’ll I can’t beat that performance I’ll quit now, just forgot to stop putting his boots on. 

It was 5 Loan games, inclusive of an impressive debut, where he looked like he could do a capable job. 

It turned to rat shit the moment he signed permanently. 

8 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

And taylor ensured gillingham got their 150k the useless ****.

I was at his debut game and thought we’d signed an absolute gem. 

9 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Me too, I’m glad I’m not the only one who remembers it. 

I took a few friends from uni (all

none Leicester fans) and everyone was going on about how great he was after the game haha. 

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I took a few friends from uni (all

none Leicester fans) and everyone was going on about how great he was after the game haha. 

Ha ha, if only we knew. He’s probably been dining out on that performance for years, doing after dinner talks on it now lol convinced taylor to keep signing him