Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

13 minutes ago, Corky said:

Same team as last week with the ability to rest a lot in their league game in between.

I read they rested seven first teamers for the weekend game as their league is wrapped up.

To be fair to their manager and the team they desperately wanted this win, as shown by the celebrations at full time; and they fully deserved it. 

• Like 3

Just now, harpendenfox said:

Well, we now have a week off before United in the Cup, whereas they will play on the Thursday. We have two weeks off after United for the international break

Hopefully you've answered it there, but I wouldn't rule out BR making some changes.

2 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Re. your last line; full strength or weakened side, with an eye on the league games either side.........?

For me Man U. will spank a weakened side.

The end of March we will have Fofana back, Perez back, Iheanacho won't be suspended I'd not have thought and hopefully one of Praet or Maddison will be available too. Man Utd are equally as dubious as us in latter stages of cup competitions anyway and we are long overdue a win vs them. I fancy us.

• Like 1

The only way I’ll forgive for tonight is if we get in the Champions League. Rodgers got it wrong from the start, far too negative lineup, especially the Amartey and Barnes’ omission. It was evident from around 20 minutes in that we were going to struggle if we didn’t change anything, and by the time we did make a change it was too late. However, the players didn’t help him out. Not one ounce of quality or creativity out there. 

33 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Come on, OK if we lose to a Brighton or Fulham in the league, we know anyone can beat anyone. This team was from a very poor league and is a crappy team. This is why a lot of us are pissed off. It's a game we should have won simple as that with whatever team was put out. Every player was poor. No desire, no urgency, no instinct. Just poor all round. 

We were very poor. Not just the players but the manger and his staff who came up with such a bad game plan. 

20 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Some pointing of fingers at the 'lesser' players this evening. But let's be honest, Soyuncu and Evans passing the ball at fecking snails pace back and sideways, or literally standing on it for seconds on end, did my swede in tonight. That took all the momentum out of our game at times. 

I don’t think there was any player whom stood out. Whether that’s legs or quality, who knows? 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Sacrifice the European Mickey Mouse competition to play with the elite. Or play in the Mickey Mouse competiton and then qualify for the Conference.

I prefer playing with the elite.

Can see where your coming from but pissing a competition, we could potentially win, up the wall doesn’t sit right with me. 

4 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I read they rested seven first teamers for the weekend game as their league is wrapped up.

To be fair to their manager and the team they desperately wanted this win, as shown by the celebrations at full time; and they fully deserved it. 

They’ve also had a winter break for a small period. I know it sounds bitter but I found their celebrations a bit small time. There’s bigger scalps for them if they want it and a longer run. Over celebrating the earlier rounds introduces a natural complacency 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Aside from the fact that losing is annoying and that absolute whopper of a journalist thinks he's hilarious.

This really could be a blessing in disguise. Injuries are really getting to us and we were likely to drop off somewhere. Yes we need to respect the europa but in this season of all seasons its the one which should have the lowest priority. 

We can go full strength now week in week out and hopefully have players return from injuries. The club will learn a lot from this campaign - I doubt we'll see the amount if players out on loan next year.

Our side is great but we need some strength in depth beyond what we have.

We have 14 games left, 16 max, which equates to 4/5 a month, that's more than manageable.

I just hope we don't fall away with a whimper like last year.

• Like 2

Normally there is always 1 player who stands out when we have a performance like that, today I couldn't pick out 1 player who played well.

Just hope it is a one off, need to ensure that madders is right before we play him again. Played him at Everton last year which put him out for the season and started the slump.

Hopefully we will learn from last season and have a reaction and kick on.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

So disappointed. Expect nothing less than top 4 now. 

The worry for me is that this was THAT game. The game that changes the trajectory of the season. I really hope it isn't and we crack on in the league. However I do feel we've been poor for a while now (including the Liverpool game) 

It’s hardly surprising we didn’t create anything. 
- We showed literally zero urgency. 
- They were more aggressive. 
- We’re pumping balls up to Vardy, who has no support and mainly jogs around pointing at people. 
- And we demonstrated no quality in our passing and build up play. 

Fair play to them for doing a job on us.
But we let them. 

This is the equivalent of coming home to find your mate hanging out the back of your Mrs, but, because you haven’t made her squeal for several months, she had no choice but to invite him over. You’ve got to be committed and put in the work. 

I've never been so happy to accidentally sleep through a match.

I woke up and it's WW3.

There's little glory in Europa with no fans. Our fixture list is too congested. We'd probably suffer further injuries to our attempted four top finish.

Is it really the end of the world?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Wrong choice of words, agreed we were poor. I see this as not a big deal. Less games, can concentrate on staying in Top 4 and FA Cup. No fans in Europe this season made me care less too. Let's go for CL and try and win the FA Cup, this was always priority 3.

So what happens if we finish 6th again? 

It's funny how this tournament is Mickey Mouse when you're not in it or have dropped out of it but no other time.