Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

The worry for me is that this was THAT game. The game that changes the trajectory of the season. I really hope it isn't and we crack on in the league. However I do feel we've been poor for a while now (including the Liverpool game) 

Hopefully Rodgers and the players step it up to make good for tonight and we seal top 4. Can easily see it going the other way though

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Hopefully Rodgers and the players step it up to make good for tonight and we seal top 4. Can easily see it going the other way though

That’s the salient point. If we can kick on and finish in the top four, then fantastic. EL has been a nice taste of Europe, but we all want the CL, and if this kicks us on then fantastic stuff.

That performance from Caglar Soyuncu is one of the worst i have seen from a Leicester in many years 😂 Absolute pub standard that. We were just utterly abysmal and deserved to lose to that bunch of farmers. Amartey is not a rb and as good a servant Albrighton has been he unfortunately provides little to nothing in an attacking sense and needs to be replaced in the summer. Probably a blessing in disguise though unfortunately this year with the amount of games being knocked out could have saved our injury depleted squad.

We seem to be either very good or very poor..not much in between.

This season has been a tremendous one so far..

The lack of a signing in an attacking position in January was a big negative.

True we couldn’t envisage our injuries piling up but if you take Maddison and Barnes (tonight) out of the team we are distinctly average with no creativity at all.

it’s games like tonight you realize our depth isn’t as deep as we think. No replacement forward or AM on the bench to chance things...

let’s push on though with what we have done especially in the next 3 games when we could give ourselves some daylight between the chasers... we sure don’t want a drop off like last season where in truth we bottled the CL

• Like 1

I really feel that given our hectic schedule that something has got to give.  If losing in the Europa League saves our PL season then it's a necessary sacrifice and possibly a blessing.  From this position (3rd with 13 to play), top four has to be our focus.

I won't criticise Rodgers for resting players.  It's naive to think that our best XI can keep up with this relentless workload on their own, especially with our injury list.  If we don't rotate, our season could just blow up.

• Like 1

If we went all the way to the final in Europa that would be another 7 games

Still another 13 games left in the league, and then another 3 in the FA Cup if we were to make the final

Thats at most another possible 23 games (and having to travel across Europe) in addition to the 37 games we have already played

With the injuries we are having to deal with and obviously some level of fatigue, something would've given at some point

Yes what happened tonight sucks but hopefully now we have a better chance at staying in the Top 4, and even a chance at going further in the FA Cup and doing well in that

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

Absoutely no reason for Ricardo or Tim not to start that game. Brendan does some great things for us but also has this side to him that I absolutely detest. Setting up like we are playing a damage limitation game against Barcelona away. Pathetic approach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

What getting pumped in the ground stages of the CL lol

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

I want what he's drinking. 

What, like last time? We're all disappointed after that performance, but did you seriously think we could have won the Europa League with our current resources (check the injury list). If so, I'd like some of what you're drinking. Our ambition is to get into the Champion's League and arguably our chances of doing so should improve now we don't have to overstretch our player resources every bloody week.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If we went all the way to the final in Europa that would be another 7 games

Still another 13 games left in the league, and then another 3 in the FA Cup if we were to make the final

Thats at most another possible 23 games (and having to travel across Europe) in addition to the 37 games we have already played

With the injuries we are having to deal with and obviously some level of fatigue, something would've given at some point

Yes what happened tonight sucks but hopefully now we have a better chance at staying in the Top 4, and even a chance at going further in the FA Cup and doing well in that

I can understand all this but if you want successful and winning trophies then extra games is part of it all. If you want to be the best you need to beat the best. Yes maybe we could say we entered this season unstrengthed with the Europa league in mind. I mean comparing to the likes of Spurs, man u and arsenal who seem to have plenty of options on the bench, even with injuries.

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Absoutely no reason for Ricardo or Tim not to start that game. Brendan does some great things for us but also has this side to him that I absolutely detest. Setting up like we are playing a damage limitation game against Barcelona away. Pathetic approach.

Rodgers has said that we are having to be smart and manage them both due to their recent injuries, you can't just play them every single game

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Got what we deserved. Played like we couldn't be ****ed with Thursday nights anymore. In the long run, may be a benefit, we'll see.

Not a single player comes out of that with any credit. Not making subs at half time today set the tone, they fancied their chances and took it. 

They are average side we've made look good. But they they are organised and they wanted it more. Fair play to them.

Good summary.

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can understand all this but if you want successful and winning trophies then extra games is part of it all. If you want to be the best you need to beat the best. Yes maybe we could say we entered this season unstrengthed with the Europa league in mind. I mean comparing to the likes of Spurs, man u and arsenal who seem to have plenty of options on the bench, even with injuries.

Dedication's what you need. If you want to be a recooooord breaker yeah. (One for the teenagers)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Positives:

- Highly unlikely to win the competition anyway 

- No injuries 

- Not missing out on a European tour due to COVID 

- They're far better than many are giving them credit for. Press like Liverpool, and we know how much we struggle with that 

- They rested players last week, we rested players for the game. Their cup final, our inconvenience and it showed. We didn't lose because we're the worse team, even if they are decent 

Negatives:

Ünder will not be with us next season 

- Our second string is okay to plug gaps, but together can turn out some turgid stuff 

- We will struggle big time without Maddison. Here's hoping his injury isn't bad 

- Vardy continues to look well off it. I wonder if he just can't deal with 2 games a week? Plus he's always been a confidence player. I fear we won't see him hit form again this season with the demands of 2 games a week

Edited by Nod.E

7 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

No idea why I checked but we are getting pelted from all angles on socials tonight lol deserved after that performance but it’s crazy to see people from all over the world call us shit, we really are moving up as a club.

We are. But it all feels very fragile, and could be undone quicker than it's taken to build. We are so reliant on Vardy, Maddison and Tielemans - with no real adequate back up or succession plan for any of them.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Castagne has just come back from 2 months out and played 90 mins last week & Ricardo is being eased in after spending 9 months out!

• Like 1

The most disappointing thing over the 2 games is our performances rather than the result. We were absolutely dreadful for 180 minutes and we would not have scored if we had played another 180 minutes. We created nothing in the 2 games and got exactly what we deserved. 2 games in a row we have conceded straight after half time as well which is extremely worrying. What is being said at half time? Why are the players not switched on when the 2nd half kicks off. Yes we have injuries, so does everyone, the teams we had out over the 2 games should have been more than good enough to beat these. I genuinely believe Rodgers had forfeited this tournament to focus on a top 4 finish which is understandable given our injuries but that kind of pathetic performance really is concerning. Big performance needed against Arsenal. 

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers has said that we are having to be smart and manage them both due to their recent injuries, you can't just play them every single game

They have barely played a game for months. Perfect opportunity to get match fitness and get us through the game. Make the impact, then sub them off.

19 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

No idea why I checked but we are getting pelted from all angles on socials tonight lol deserved after that performance but it’s crazy to see people from all over the world call us shit, we really are moving up as a club.

That really cheered me up. And yes we are. When we lost to At Mad and Redstar it was sort of expected (not by Leicester fans but pretty much everyone else). This is one of the shocks of the round to the wider world. 

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That really cheered me up. And yes we are. When we lost to At Mad and Redstar it was sort of expected (not by Leicester fans but pretty much everyone else). This is one of the shocks of the round to the wider world. 

Yep, other than Hoffenheim and Leverkusen, we are the joke of the Europa league tonight.