Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

Wasn't great at all but as I said on another post I think the Madders injury was the final straw really and although I'm gutted we are out I'm not sure how much longer we could sustain playing twice a week and the travel with our injuries. We still sit 3rd and are in the FA cup so we can give both of these a good go now. Players are coming back. Not much longer for Perez and Fofana and only another 4 weeks for Praet. Also crucially there will be time to actually train now (set pieces 😁) rather than play, recover and play again! I'm gutted but surprisingly not too despondent. 

I also winced far too much the last Slavia game anytime anyone went near Youri. With Madders, Praet and Perez out our midfield is sparse with attackers.  The less games the better. Let's keep Youri fit and pray Madders and Praet are back asap.

Onwards and upwards. What a great season it's been so far!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

What did he contribute?

Save this in your bookmarks, print it off and put it the little flap of the sun shield in your car with the petrol receipts and then read it this time next season when he's firing us to glory.

Open up your mind, you're not much of a romanticist are you pal?

15 minutes ago, Parafox said:

What do you really want?

What kinda question is that? How about a bit of passion, urgency, want, desire from our players? Not just strolling around the park, passing from Cags to Evans and back and then to Ndidi and back to Cags. Not one player turned up today. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

A perfect storm of shitness this evening. Selection was too bold. Players were too cautious. Team was below par individually and collectively. Creativity was zero. As with last season, this is the time when it really comes into focus. We hit that period with an injury-ravaged squad, a talismanic striker that looks devoid of talismanic qualities and some weary looking limbs. Probably spank Arsenal now with a Vardy treble 🤷

Just now, Fox92 said:

People go on about top 4 making clubs rich and successful yet Spurs finished there consistently under Poch and won .... nothing.

This is true but still doesn't change the fact that most winners of domestic trophies in England in the last 15 or so years have come for a few of the biggest and richest teams. Look we're not ever going to be a massive club but to give us the best chance of keeping our squad together and to develop in the medium term we need top 4 right now more than a trophy. Especially given the financial losses occured during the pandemic. Of course it is all about opinions and I know and understand what you are saying.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Did they have any injuries tonight do you know? So many people blaming our injuries but did they put out their strongest side?

Same team as last week with the ability to rest a lot in their league game in between.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Absolutely. We aren’t going to win the Champions League but we could win the Europa League. We don’t be seeded if we do get into the CL so it will be difficult to get out of the group stage.

I really don’t get it.

Agreed. Frankly getting in CL would be embarrassing but it's not happening. This might be peak Rodgers, like at Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It’s disappointing I’m not glad, but I’m not throwing myself off a cliff either ... some on here are acting like we are now the worst team in the league... we lost it happens to the best. Move on there is lots to play for still 

Agreed :thumbup:

Also, your profile picture triggers my PTSD :P

1 minute ago, reynard said:

This is true but still doesn't change the fact that most winners of domestic trophies in England in the last 15 or so years have come for a few of the biggest and richest teams. Look we're not ever going to be a massive club but to give us the best chance of keeping our squad together and to develop in the medium term we need top 4 right now more than a trophy. Especially given the financial losses occured during the pandemic. Of course it is all about opinions and I know and understand what you are saying.

BTW I don’t necessarily disagree with you, some points I agree with, and I could have quoted a few others to post what I did. 

It’s a shame but realistically I don’t think we could have won the competition anyway 🤷‍♂️ with so many more games to navigate and tougher opponents coinciding with our depth taking a hammering with injuries I think this could be a small blessing in disguise. Doesn’t feel like it at the moment but longer term if we managed an FA Cup final run alongside managing to get in the top four it’ll still be a cracking season for us. 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Did they have any injuries tonight do you know? So many people blaming our injuries but did they put out their strongest side?

They rested loads in their last league game for this. No idea of their normal team, and we should still have enough for games like this.

But, we’ve just reached a position in terms of numbers who are out and who were out but being nursed and injuries in certain specific positions, that is reducing our options drastically. Especially trying to fight on three fronts and keep the team fresh but able to win every week. 

• Like 2