Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

We were poor and cannot really defend that. But we don't have the squad currently to compete on 3 levels. We have played ridiculous amounts of games this calender year. 

Last season was defensive injuries this year looks like it's attacking mids. 

People saying we should have strengthened in Jan the simple answer is we didn't have the money it was obvious to us we needed to so I'm sure it was to the management. 

We just need a reaction Sunday and some luck with injuries. We cannot afford another midfielder to get injured. 

But it is what it is. Can't change anything now so we have to cope with what we have and trust the players to step up when given their chance and unfortunately tonight some really didn't. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

For all those saying, glad we are out of it so we can concentrate on PL and FA Cup, what was the point of even trying in the group stages then if that is the attitude?

To win the group comfortably then to meekly surrender like that over two legs for me is a waste of time and effort. 

Yes we have injuries etc but that was poor, selection and playing wise, and I fear this will create a hangover going into the next league games. 

It’s disappointing I’m not glad, but I’m not throwing myself off a cliff either ... some on here are acting like we are now the worst team in the league... we lost it happens to the best. Move on there is lots to play for still 

• Like 1

Boys will be hurting after that and rightly so, painful to watch and I'm sure there was the total disbelief on the pitch aswell (weve all played in those games where nothing goes right and somehow lose against a team you should beat). 

Ive faith the lads will bounce back at the weekend with a solid performance.

Dissapointing as it is to be out, it could be a blessing as the likes of Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison, Ricardo, Castagne... this list goes on, need to be managed for the final push otherwise we will be with the u21s for the final 6/7 games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Come on, OK if we lose to a Brighton or Fulham in the league, we know anyone can beat anyone. This team was from a very poor league and is a crappy team. This is why a lot of us are pissed off. It's a game we should have won simple as that with whatever team was put out. Every player was poor. No desire, no urgency, no instinct. Just poor all round. 

What do you really want?

Yikes. Watching him in the u-23s, he is nowhere near ready to contribute at the Prem-level. Very basic. He has a great frame for the game, and has obvious potential, but he is very coltish, looks like he is still growing accustomed to his body (maybe he is still growing at 19 which would explain it?). He will be a backwards passing fiend if we play him, prob a good 3 years away from contributing.

But hey, wtf do I know? I'm an idiot obv. 

6 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

At least we might see Tavares given a go if Maddison’s out for a while, would rather that than play Under tbh 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

So you want it all then, because had we won tonight and then been the pits in the league in the next few games and/or crash out to Man Utd in the FA Cup that's you'd be just as furious. 

Time will tell how much of a missed opportunity this is.

Not sure what’s on offer here?

I’d taking winning UEFA v being top 4 or FA cup….   And I’d take winning the FA cup v top 4 

Footballs about winning things not qualifying for things…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Guvnor said:

Fcukng hell  just when I thought the night couldn't get any worse Claire Foy has been replaced by Olivia Colman as the Queen in 'The Crown'.

Yes, late to the show but really enjoyed the first two seasons.

Good news. Olivia Coleman is an excellent elder Queen. And takes an excellent corner

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Another game where we fail to break down a defensively organised team, was a problem under Puel, still a problem every now and then under Rodgers.

Team selection today was wrong in a few areas, at least two of Ricardo, Castagne and Barnes should have started.

Injuries didn’t help matters.

Depth in certain areas isn’t good enough, the likes of Choudhury and Under have no future at Leicester.

If we don’t rectify the last point in the summer, then come next season whether we’re in the Champions League or Europa League, we’ll end up having more nights like this.

I thought Amartey was immense going forward although your 1-0 prediction with an Amartey header was a little ‘left-field’

:facepalm: