Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Slavia Prague Post match - 2-0

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Who actually thinks either of those things, and more to the point, what does the mentality of a percentage of our fans actually matter, really?

I know it's been said elsewhere, but this season is weird like no other. You might be right, we may have same issues in ECL next season (assuming we qualify), but then we might not suffer the spate of injuries, and the qualification might have enabled us to not sell our assets and grow the squad. THAT'S why qualifying for it is so important.

Thank you!  Someone with some sense.

• Like 1

They were solid at the back and we started half our strongest team (no Mads, Barnes, JJ, Ricky P etc). Really what result were people expecting, them to roll over for us. They played well and we couldn't answer them until it was too late. Under is useless imo. He can't pass to save his life. Vardy had no feed. Thomas had a good game and again is stepping up when asked. He also wasn't at fault imo for the first goal imo. For me this wasn't a result of anything than us playing with a massively injured (or returning from injury) squad in a schedule where we're playing two to three games a week. I'm pretty okay with the result tbh. We rolled the dice in a hope that the team we put out was good enough, it wasn't, we move on. BR would have seen the players he can rely on and those he can't. 

People banging on about team mental strength kind of do my head in tbh. Point to last season's drop off. Cherry picking games from this season to hysterically use as examples of this immanent decline. As if there's no context. People moaning about not having the mental strength to beat the big teams in the league even though we've beaten them (including LIVERPOOL). I don't really know what this group of players have to do tbh to prove them wrong. Win every game? Strikes me we need some perspective. 

I'd like to see Nacho play on Sunday and that's probably the first time I've said that in a looooong time. Vardy looked like he was hobbling and he's definitely off it a little and with somebody like Vardy a little is everything.  

Edited by Hoopla10
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Well thats good... no more 4am Friday mornings

Ah you are lucky a positive outcome to last night. I agree with your aphorism ? and have one of my own "I am very rich because I have enough money".

Unfortunately being human, i also have human nature and would like my kids and grandkids to be richer which would be easy to arrange were i richer. For related reasons I would like LCFC  to win the European Champions league occasionally without LCFC becoming as noxious , and the supporters as obnoxious , as richer clubs such as Man U and R. Madrid.

The only practical solution I see to both problems , as I approach 80, is to make me manager for one year following our success in qualifying this season ,and abolishing income tax. The good news for you and other supporters is that once I have bred my winged pigs, my next project is to apply myself to this full time and I see no insuperable obstacles in my way to achieving both by late August. BR is obviously not up to the job. Watch this space.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Lots of positives to take away from this game: 

I'll no longer be in the dog house with the husband cause I'm "watching that bloody football again."

With the extra time, I could take up a hobby, maybe start exercising again.

No more mid-week hangovers 👍

Divorce him 

19 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

My problem with the loss yesterday was we didn’t even try to win 

The surging run from Soyuncu in the first minute was as good as it got. Thought the lads would be up for it, but that was a single swallow...

• Like 1

Fantastic to see the slavia boss so complimentary about how he and is players were treated by Leicester over the course of the 2 legs. Gracious to acknowledge the fantastic stadium and training facilities our club has. Here’s to next year when we are back in the champions league. 

16 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

So what happens if we finish 6th again? 

It's funny how this tournament is Mickey Mouse when you're not in it or have dropped out of it but no other time.

If we finish 6th then we are not good enough to be Top 4, simple. We have a better chance without EL distraction than with (less injury risk, better preparation for PL/FA Cup matches, less tiredness in players from travelling etc.).

It's great to be in it, much better if fans could go and watch. However, at this point of the season, I am not making a big deal of our exit as we have better things in reach that could do with minimal distractions. Before Christmas I wanted us to get to the KO stages but it got to a point where EL became a burden. If we were in Arsenal's position, mid table, out of FA Cup then I would be absolutely gutted if we went out like last night. It's all about the situation you are in.

Riccardo, Castagna, barnes and possibly Tavarez should have started that game. Start with confidence, use the width, get a couple of goals by half time and then rest some players. I was more than hacked off when these players were started on the bench, I would've thought the lessons from the first tie would've been realised.

9 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

I fear last night’s selections  and tactics will be repeated when we play Man Utd in the FA Cup. Rodgers idea of having 3 or 4 regular players on the bench and then bringing them on after 60mins when we are struggling or have gone behind doesn’t work in important games. I can hear some of you cry that players need to be rested, fine if that’s the case then why are they even on the bench, surely if they are that worn out they should not be in the squad.

Loads of people also pointed out that we where to slow in getting forward, this can be seen in most of our games we play well for 15 to 20 mins then drop off. Playing out from the back is fine but by the time our back line has finished playing me to you and you to me 4 or 5 times our opposition have everyone behind the ball.

We need to change the way we play, to many teams have worked us out and sit back knowing we can’t break them down then hurt us on the counter attack and it costing us valuable points.

....the problem is not scoring when we are on top!!!

Too often we are on top and dominating the game but fail to score, we then drop off and they come into the game growing more confident and our achilles heel are set pieces.

• Like 1

When we lost last night, I was very matter of fact about it “the best team won” etc. There’s always the quest for the top 4.

I woke up this morning and was bloody livid and an angry bear all day. Would have been great to play Glasgow Rangers. Shameful how we just whimpered out when the pressure was on us. 

• Like 1

I haven’t commented on this game and my sentiments may have been made by others so sorry if I repeat someone.

I, like all fans would like to win every game and every thing but since that is highly unlikely then I can accept defeat. However, I can only accept it if the team give their all to win it.

This is where last night was so frustrating. I just felt they either didn’t want it, were told to take it easy to save energy or were arrogant enough to think they could walk it.

I have now just looked at the draw and the teams left in and I just think that we could potentially beat every one of them if we turn up.

I know it is only about finishing high in the league for so many but for me, I just want trophies in the cabinet. When we were in League 1, I really wanted to win the Johnston’s Paint trophy as I doubted we would be in it again.

I want to win all the trophies at least once and would have been happier with the FA Cup or Europa League this season than top 4. 

It is what it is and it is interesting to see how people’s opinions differ but all I ask of the team, the very very very well paid team, is to give their all or at least make it look like they are to me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I haven’t commented on this game and my sentiments may have been made by others so sorry if I repeat someone.

I, like all fans would like to win every game and every thing but since that is highly unlikely then I can accept defeat. However, I can only accept it if the team give their all to win it.

This is where last night was so frustrating. I just felt they either didn’t want it, were told to take it easy to save energy or were arrogant enough to think they could walk it.

I have now just looked at the draw and the teams left in and I just think that we could potentially beat every one of them if we turn up.

I know it is only about finishing high in the league for so many but for me, I just want trophies in the cabinet. When we were in League 1, I really wanted to win the Johnston’s Paint trophy as I doubted we would be in it again.

I want to win all the trophies at least once and would have been happier with the FA Cup or Europa League this season than top 4. 

It is what it is and it is interesting to see how people’s opinions differ but all I ask of the team, the very very very well paid team, is to give their all or at least make it look like they are to me.

Our performance was so bad it’s literally made me wonder whether Rodgers told the players not to be too bothered?

• Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

Our performance was so bad it’s literally made me wonder whether Rodgers told the players not to be too bothered?

Every now and again Col you astound me by going from writing some real 'on the money stuff' to coming out with a load of total and utter bollocks lol 

Well, let's hope BR has learned something.  Especially that without YT next to Ndidi, we struggle to get the ball up the pitch, which causes the wingers to then come deeper to look for it, and therefore cause even more problems with getting the ball forward, forcing everyone to try and make runs from deep, instead of passing it forwards, like we should.  At time we were almost playing in a 3-6-1 formation...

So hopefully BR has now recognised, belatedly, that we need to keep YT next to Ndidi (when both available) and find someone else more suitable for the number 10 role.  Whether it had been Barnes, Under or even Kevin, I think we would have looked and done better than we did.  And since by the time we made the subs it was already too late - hopefully he'll manage things better next time, too!

4 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Well, let's hope BR has learned something.  Especially that without YT next to Ndidi, we struggle to get the ball up the pitch, which causes the wingers to then come deeper to look for it, and therefore cause even more problems with getting the ball forward, forcing everyone to try and make runs from deep, instead of passing it forwards, like we should.  At time we were almost playing in a 3-6-1 formation...

So hopefully BR has now recognised, belatedly, that we need to keep YT next to Ndidi (when both available) and find someone else more suitable for the number 10 role.  Whether it had been Barnes, Under or even Kevin, I think we would have looked and done better than we did.  And since by the time we made the subs it was already too late - hopefully he'll manage things better next time, too!

...I expected a change of personnel at half-time!!!

Took the substitution too long to come on, he obviously had his reasons but hard to understand. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I must say that did actually cross my mind. I have not seen us that at sea for many years. Fair play to them though it’s not fair we take it the glory away from them, they certainly deserved the win and were by far the better team. 

37 minutes ago, Nick said:

Every now and again Col you astound me by going from writing some real 'on the money stuff' to coming out with a load of total and utter bollocks lol 

No it’s definitely crossed my mind Nick. 
And it would make sense. 
If, as many on here have suggested, it was a ‘blessing in disguise’ (I don’t agree by the way, I see it as a big chance thrown away), it would actually make sense to lose the game and by definition, not be too bothered?

It seems like, as @Cardiff_Fox alluded to, that Rodgers was restricted in terms of giving Barnes, Ricardo and Castagne a starting place. I'd imagine he'd want at least two of those to start. Throw in the fact that up to four players who would play in the ten role were unavailable (Maddison, Praet, Perez and Iheanacho), meaning we had to move Tielemans out of position, affected our attack, which looked like it would either be brilliant or blunt and turned out to be blunt.

I think he should've made changes at half-time with the score at 0-0 and we still had an element of control. Even still, we had enough time to score twice.

We didn't. I don't think there was anything sinister or complacent about it- he picked a team that was weakened and restricted and didn't play well. Rodgers took the responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1