Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

Some good bits but definitely some bad bits too. 68% passing accuracy last night - needs to work on this as we got caught out a number of times from him giving the ball away. Not even difficult passes either. 

Worth persisting with for the rest of the season. Not like we have any other options tbf

Some really good flashes of talent in the game yesterday. Very comfortable in dribbling and bursting through midfield, very unlucky with the strike that needed a top save from their keeper. For his full Premier league debut, he did really well imo. 

• Like 1

I thought the game passed him by to be honest. That shot showed his technique and a couple of runs showed good pace too, but obviously not ready. We looked better once MA replaced him. Let's hope he signs up though, as there's clearly a lot of potential there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I can be harsh but I think you are being too harsh here. This is his first league start and playing in make shift team in a shape that the team was not very used to and the team as a whole did not play that well. As Rodgers and others said too, he did get caught out a few times and you can see that it was because he was not used to having less time on the ball, the pace of the defenders and how quickly space closes at this level. This he will get used to in time though we cannot say now whether he can step up. Some like Barnes did but you can see that they have the talent to do so even when they needed that time to further develop. We did see that in Barnes a few years back (I have always been a big fan of his) and it is not enough time to say yet but so far I am excited by what I have seen so far with Taveres. He looks like someone with the raw talent and speed of thought that you need to be a top player. Another player I have hope for is KDB and maybe also Leshabela. 

It is a bit too early to call yet. Let’s see.

PS. No idea what happened with the formatting.

You should start right aligning all your posts, gives them character, it could be your thing like @RumbleFox with his x's!

• Haha 3

Thought he had a decent debut, especially considering how poor we played 1st half. 

His passing was a bit off at times, but experience will improve that I think - you have to be aware and make smarter decisions in the PL. He'll have learned a lot.

That run through to when Veltman had to slide tackle him in the penalty area to stop him was gazelle-like. Effortless movement, covering so much ground without looking rapid, which really impressed me.

When the team is playing better, I think he might very well shine.

• Like 2

Just now, CloudFox said:

Thought he had a decent debut, especially considering how poor we played 1st half. 

His passing was a bit off at times, but experience will improve that I think - you have to be aware and make smarter decisions in the PL. He'll have learned a lot.

That run through to when Veltman had to slide tackle him in the penalty area to stop him was gazelle-like. Effortless movement, covering so much ground without looking rapid, which really impressed me.

When the team is playing better, I think he might very well shine.

Yep. Experience wins you a penalty too. If that had been Vardy that ball would have been shifted at just the right time to take Veltman to the cleaners. 

Just now, Collymore said:

Yep. Experience wins you a penalty too. If that had been Vardy that ball would have been shifted at just the right time to take Veltman to the cleaners. 

Very good point! Was a great tackle, but shifting the ball could easily have made it a mistimed one.

We’ve seen very little of him so far but from those few minutes he’s had it’s clear the kids got talent.  He’s got some big shoes to fill with Madders and Barnes being out injured at the same time but when you consider at his age Madders was playing at Cov or Aberdeen and not at the team sitting second in the prem I think we keep him involved either starting or half an hour every game we can this season and see how he looks for next season regarding a loan or squad player for us. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

No need to loan him clearly is talented enough for prem already, slowly bed him in similar to how we’re dealing with Luke Thomas.

Less talent and more allow him to get consistent games. Brentford for example. He'd be exposed continually and would physically mature. This is a similar comparison to KDH, a position we have cover in. Whereas Thomas we were struggling for cover.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Less talent and more allow him to get consistent games. Brentford for example. He'd be exposed continually and would physically mature. This is a similar comparison to KDH, a position we have cover in. Whereas Thomas we were struggling for cover.

I take your point with KDH probably coming back and getting game time next season but I’d be really intrigued to see Tavares start a few more prem games and see how he adapts. I think he’d surprise a lot of us.

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

I take your point with KDH probably coming back and getting game time next season but I’d be really intrigued to see Tavares start a few more prem games and see how he adapts. I think he’d surprise a lot of us.

He'd likely be competing with Maddison, Praet, Youri, KDH and likely a Hamza replacement for a starting position.  I think he'd be beneficial to go to a footballing side in the championship, similar to how Barnes did 

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He'd likely be competing with Maddison, Praet, Youri, KDH and likely a Hamza replacement for a starting position.  I think he'd be beneficial to go to a footballing side in the championship, similar to how Barnes did 

Think it’s better to see how he finishes the season first, I agree game-time is important but if he shows he can be impactful for us then surely better to keep him. Looking how bad injuries have been for us this season and how weak our bench has been there is definitely a place for him in the squad. 

maybe a loan with a recall clause is the best option?

• Like 1

I thought I could be harsh at times but some of the comments here are quite mind-boggling about the lad. Writing him off after one full game.

He's 19, he came into a game with many of the seasoned players around him struggling, the team under real pressure with a slump, and Brighton harrying and hassling everyone - and some expect him to be Messi. 

I thought he did well on the whole considering. The shot was great and he put it a good effort too. Looked quite assured at times. At 19, I struggled to tie my laces at times. Give him time and patience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'd send him on loan to Championship next season while KDH comes back in to the squad. 

I'd agree but people have been saying he (or his agent/entourage) feels he should be playing first team football now. Not sure if we'd get him to sign a new deal if we go and send him to play in a league with clubs like Luton and Notts Forest.