Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Sidnei Tavares

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Brendans summary of his performance is spot on. He had some nice moments but the speed of the game caught him out at times. 

Needs to be stronger in possession and just have a little more awareness. 

Other than that he did well against a Brighton side that gave us no time on the ball whatsoever. 

• Like 4

There were certain elements of his game tonight he looked really classy in and you could see the raw ability. The technique on the strike was superb too. Tbf even physically, whilst he obviously has work to do there as a young lad, he put himself about well and was on hand to help Ndidi breaking up attacks a few times. Think he can be pleased with a solid debut.

I would say Youri and maybe Lallana would be the only players on the pitch with the technique for that shot he took in their locker. Neither have the nonchalant demeanour needed to pull it off like he did though where he makes it look like he's powered the ball back to some youths down the park on a Sunday morning stroll. 

Yes he misplaced a few passes and he needs to bulk up a bit.... but the one thing you can't build is the natural talent that he obviously possesses. I'm so excited for his future. 

The lad looks pure sauce. 

Sorry I don’t see much in the kid at this time , apart from the great strike he was never seen . Thought he would have been a ball player but refused to carry the ball , almost always one touch which put other players under pressure, u got to call it u see it . 

7 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Sorry I don’t see much in the kid at this time , apart from the great strike he was never seen . Thought he would have been a ball player but refused to carry the ball , almost always one touch which put other players under pressure, u got to call it u see it . 

Does your assessment change if his half-volley goes in? Keeping the ball moving in a really compact, organised Brighton midfield was tough for our whole team today - I would actually say that if he didn't particularly get noticed it's because he fit in with the level pretty well considering it's his first proper run out in the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeskeyForever said:

Does your assessment change if his half-volley goes in? Keeping the ball moving in a really compact, organised Brighton midfield was tough for our whole team today - I would actually say that if he didn't particularly get noticed it's because he fit in with the level pretty well considering it's his first proper run out in the Premier League.

No

24 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I would say Youri and maybe Lallana would be the only players on the pitch with the technique for that shot he took in their locker. Neither have the nonchalant demeanour needed to pull it off like he did though where he makes it look like he's powered the ball back to some youths down the park on a Sunday morning stroll. 

Yes he misplaced a few passes and he needs to bulk up a bit.... but the one thing you can't build is the natural talent that he obviously possesses. I'm so excited for his future. 

The lad looks pure sauce. 

Tommy or Brown 

That was fine for a debut performance by a teenager.  A moment of brilliance causing a near-miss, one or two flashes of ability, and virtual anonymity for the rest of the night.  I'd have said it was a subpar performance from an established regular, but under the circumstances a solid B-minus.

• Like 1

Why is it that all our decent youngsters come through the U18s and bypass the U23s I know some have mentioned Beaglehole but no one has actually explained what it is that he does that makes it so that the U23s becomes a place where youngesters don't develop. Also our youth coaching staff seem to be very good at coaching players to carry the ball up the pitch. Chilwell, Thomas, Barnes and Tavares are all very good at carrying the ball up the field.

Edited by Fightforever

I think he needs to get more accustomed to the pace of the premier league midfield and he needs to get into space more. Today I felt like the reason why we didn't get through the Brighton press in the first half was because he kept standing next to the Brighton players and couldn't find space very well. But he had very good technique and he will adapt and get much better its a matter of when for a teenager he looks really good his play style he reminds me of Andy King's.

Key for me was, he was a round peg in a round hole! 

I have never understood managers trying to do anything other than put players in their natural and favoured positions. 

So, Tavares didn't set the world alight but he was comfortable in his role and it meant Tielemans could drop deeper again in his best position. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Why is it that all our decent youngsters come through the U18s and bypass the U23s I know some have mentioned Beaglehole but no one has actually explained what it is that he does that makes it so that the U23s becomes a place where youngesters don't develop. Also our youth coaching staff seem to be very good at coaching players to carry the ball up the pitch. Chilwell, Thomas, Barnes and Tavares are all very good at carrying the ball up the field.

People keep reciting this like it’s an issue with our under 23’s but in truth good players always skip one or two levels take it to the extreme Wayne Rooney made his debut for Everton at 16  did he play for the so called under 23’s or did he skip a level 

2 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Come on that was one off , and he allowed the defender the chance to run him , not saying he has no talent But he is not up to 1st team level yet , under would have been a better choice . 

Again, Under was injured which is a large part of why Tavares started. He did very well all things considered & obviously has a future . First game at 19 years old he isn't going to be up to 1st team level but lets be honest Under hasn't been either.

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I can be harsh but I think you are being too harsh here. This is his first league start and playing in make shift team in a shape that the team was not very used to and the team as a whole did not play that well. As Rodgers and others said too, he did get caught out a few times and you can see that it was because he was not used to having less time on the ball, the pace of the defenders and how quickly space closes at this level. This he will get used to in time though we cannot say now whether he can step up. Some like Barnes did but you can see that they have the talent to do so even when they needed that time to further develop. We did see that in Barnes a few years back (I have always been a big fan of his) and it is not enough time to say yet but so far I am excited by what I have seen so far with Taveres. He looks like someone with the raw talent and speed of thought that you need to be a top player. Another player I have hope for is KDB and maybe also Leshabela. 

It is a bit too early to call yet. Let’s see.

PS. No idea what happened with the formatting.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Well we have bugger all creative options and I think there's a bit of tit for tat that Tavares won't sign a new deal unless we prove that we are serious about his integration in to the first team. Therefore we are giving him minutes and he should now sign a new deal. If he still buggers off then he's a helmet, end of.

Leicester  city did their part, give the kid the  right contract and ty him down  for a long time  and give him the right loan  to develop  this young  player.  Sidnei Tavares it's just 19 don't loose him now. 1 year on loan  should be enough  to get a top player  for Leicester city  future. Well done  kid , not bad first 70minuts. 

Still a lot of development needed in this lad but has talent in abundance. It will be interesting to see if and how his career develops.

My only concern is this contract issue that we seem to have and it appears he is leaving his options open. Hopefully he will sign up, settle and get down to work.

6 hours ago, Bptiger said:

It was his first ever PL start...... the lad has raw talent which can’t be taught, he needs to work on his physical game, but that will come and needs more exposure at this level. By the end of the season you’ll all be foaming at the mouth, the kid is probably the most talented player we’ve ever produced. He just been fine tuning like any young player.